“The Best Around”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante Arturo

Ristorante Arturo
Reserve with
Ristorante Arturo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,390 of 12,162 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canberra
“The Best Around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our expectations for our first meal in Italy were perhaps a little high, and we didn’t really give Arturo’s enough of a chance to knock our socks off, but we weren’t overly impressed by the food. Service, value and atmosphere, however, were excellent.

At the end of the driveway to the Crowne Plaza St James, and about 50 metres to the right, Arturo’s is a huge family-run restaurant. It has a very warm, welcoming feel to it, and is spaciously set out. We sat outside on the patio, with beautiful outdoor lighting. It was really exciting being there in Rome for the first time.

I ordered the margherita pizza, perhaps putting too much stock in the simplicity of food being touted by the pretentious celebrity chefs back home. It was fine, good even, but I wasn’t blown away by the intense flavours of fresh Italian ingredients, as I was expecting. That would have to wait for a cold slice of the same in Florence a few days later. My wife had the mushroom pasta, which admittedly was quite tasty, and she really enjoyed. Unfortunately a dodgy mushroom snuck past the chefs backstage, and the texture of the “snot mushroom” nearly had me wearing my wife’s dinner. While she kept it down, it did take the shine off the apple. Arturo’s menu is heavily laden with seafood, and judging by the reactions of the people around us at the other tables, I think that’s where you need to aim your fork.

The waiter was friendly enough, but obviously busy. However, Arturo’s daughter was just lovely, chatting to us as we paid the very reasonable bill of only 32e ($40). Arturo himself was a bit of a character, trying to engage us with the few things he knew about Australia in broken English. While he earned an embarrassed eye roll from his daughter, we found it really charming.

If you’re staying at the Crowne Plaza, then Arturo’s is not only worth a try, it’s an absolute must. And if you’ve eaten at the hotel, you’ll understand why. Otherwise, a 15e ($20) taxi ride from the city centre will get you there, and the cab rank outside the hotel will get you back.

• Visited October 2012
Arturo011, Owner at Ristorante Arturo, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience. The texture of the mushroom that seemed somewhat "snotty" because it was a particular mushroom. You are refering to the Porcini mushrooms and they are of the highest quality. In all fairness we are not a Pizzeria, but rather do specialize in seafood and grilled meat. The next time you are in Rome I hope you will come back and I promise to "knock your socks off" with some spectacular seafood dishes! Thanks for your review.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Rome, Italy
“A Real Italian Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have eaten a few times at Arturo's restaurant and I am never disappointed. The grilled meat and pizzas are especially delicious. The owner always greets me and makes me feel welcome. I always enjoy the food and the atmosphere in the outdoor seating which is covered and can be enjoyed year 'round! I look forward to my next meal at Arturo's!

• Visited December 2012
Italy
“Pleasure to Dine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had the pleasure of eating at Arturo's and found the dining experience to be quite enjoyable. The owner suggested a wine and it was perfectly suited to the food I had ordered. Every plate from the antipasto to the dolce was delicious and creative. I will go back as often as possible not only for the food but also for the lovely and romantic atmosphere in the covered terrace!

• Visited November 2012
Bellevue, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I went on a month long tour of Europe and had the pleasure of dining at Arturo's. Looking back, this was hands down the best food and best experience I had the entire trip. The magical, inviting atmosphere is only surpassed by the mouthwatering, delicious food.

Exquisite dining and excellent service! Counting down the days until my next visit..

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank codyborn
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent service and great food and within 50m of our hotel. Only there for two nights and ate there both times

Visited November 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience. Thank you for your review.