“Never thought I could make pasta from scratch!”

Fabiolous Cooking Day in Rome
Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
Ranked #4 of 64 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fabiolous Cooking Day, the creation of Chef Fabio Bongianni, employs a talented team of chefs to provide cooking days, food tours, wine tastings, and exclusive private dining experiences for small or large groups at four elite venues in Rome and in a nearby medieval village.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Los Angeles, California
“Never thought I could make pasta from scratch!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I had tried to make pasta before and ended up with a thick, doughy, heavy gooey mess. Fabio made it seem easy and I'll certainly try again. Enjoyed the whole experience--shopping in the Jewish Ghetto, learning to make pasta, using fresh ingredients to make different variations of tasty Roman seafood dishes. Had I known the class would be such fun and so informative, I'd have signed up for more.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing !!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had an amazing time! Fabio took us to beautiful places to see taste and enjoy sights. After 4 days of sightseeing it was a perfect evening, we drove to a mid-evil village and went to a local market to pick up a few supplies and then to Fabios breathtaking holiday home. There using fresh ingredients from his own garden we had a 5 couse meal after making it with him in his kitchen. The food was perfect, wine, local and smooth. Could not have asked for more!!
If you are thinking about doing this ...
DO IT !! it made our Roma experince complete !!!!
Thanks Fabio !!!!!

1 Thank dbkauai
Rome, Italy
“Fabio is a wonderful chef that treats you as family and not clients.”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

From the moment I met Fabio, he was very welcoming and sincere. We got to go on a short tour and walk throughout some of Rome while picking up ingredients for our lesson. Fabio was more than willing to answer questions and tell us stories. He takes you back to his home and you prepare several dishes in his kitchen. I had no idea that we would make as much as we did. It was wonderful. It is really a group effort and not an individual one but that makes it all the more fun. Recipes are available on his website and after the food is made you get to enjoy what you cooked. The food was fantastic. You can tell he bought the absolute best ingredients. It has been one of my favorite experiences in Rome and I am a study abroad student so I have been here for about a month so far.

Vancouver, Canada
“Fabiolus Cooking Day is What it Is”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I kept hearing how the food is sooo good in Rome so I took two cooking class while in there, one was in the City and the other was in Mazzano. Both were fabulous and fun. the day in Mazzano was with Monika (Fabio Assistance) she was knowledgeable and fun we learned to make fresh pasta, a chicken dish, dessert, zucchini blossom and ravioli. the tour of the town was great and we felt like we were in a different world. The class in Rome was equally fun, we made stuffed squid, more pasta, stuffed mussels, eggplant....Fabio is not only a wonderful teacher, he is also passionate about food and sincere. Highly recommend taken time out to enjoy a day with Fabio or Moniika.

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Unique Culinary Experience”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

If you are a foodie or simply enjoy good food then this experience is unique, friendly, charming, and one you will remember forever. The signup was quick as i emailed, got a response and agreed to the lesson all within minutes. We met Fabio and his assistant at the allotted spot and followed him as we meandered through the Jewish ghetto, the local market and some historical sights as we picked up provisions for what we were to make later that morning. After the shopping we walked to Fabio's home where right in his own kitchen and dining room we experienced a spectaculor 5 course meal that we spent the previous 2 hours preparing. The food was delicious and definitely felt like you were guests of a traditional Roman family at lunch. The instructional cooking was great without too much intensity and made for a very pleasant way to spend a day in Rome. Fabio was great and adjusts his delivery to the group at hand. We were 2 in a group of 6 and easily enjoyed the company of our new friends. If you are looking for a truly unique culinary experience I highly recommend a half day with Fabio. Caio

LF