“Excellence in Trastevere”

Ranked #98 of 1,089 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Seattle
“Excellence in Trastevere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful place to stay in Trastevere. Great location, walk to everything. Friendly staff. Ask for the black and white room, so nice. Large and comfortable with a TV and air conditioning. Thank you Andrea and Davide. Hope to see you again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tallinn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very good place. Everything is at walking distances - great area, old churches, local people, good food, best flea market in Europe very close on sundays. Beautiful views. You get good advises where to go, where to walk. Very satisfying indeed.

Room Tip: We had a room with balcony, at it was very good!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Again a perfect stay in a perfect neighborhood!!!

This is the second that we've stayed in B&B Zen Trastevere. And again it was great!! We've stayed with four adults and had different rooms then last time. These also were perfect!
Two rooms with no bathroom, but that wasnt a problem at all! We've shared a very nice Pink colored bathroom. Rooms and and bathroom were very clean.

Again we'ved really enjoyed our stay in this B&B.

Thans for our very nice stay in your B&B!

Ps. We'll return again someday :-)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank GabrieleMark
Ubud, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I may be a bit biased in writing this review but I started out at the Zen Trastevere B&B from simply reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, so I think it is only fair to post one.

I emailed Davide 2 days before I arrived in Rome and was simply grateful to find a B&B in Trastevere with what seemed like, nice rooms to stay in.

I booked for 9 nights. I ended up staying for 3 weeks. It's low season right now so Davide had to move me around every couple of nights, but I'm proud to say I am their longest staying guest yet! If you out stay me please send me an email!

In short:
-The beds are very comfortable
- The atmosphere is cozy and warm
- Each section of rooms has a communal kitchen you can use
- Davide, Desiree and Andrea made me laugh everyday, helped me get around, gave me great tips and treated me like a friend
- The location is the best...you can walk, take any bus, there are bars and restaurants that are fantastic.
- The rooms are always clean and you feel safe
- The atmosphere is upbeat, it has a family feel and there is almost always someone around. This is not always the case with a B&B during the off season.

There are three separate spaces that act as one B&B and I'll put room recommendations in the space on TA for that below. I would know - I stayed in almost every room there. (Even the staff room for 2 nights)

Seriously, even if the breakfast they offer is not your style (sorry Desiree!) they have cappuccino machines in every kitchen (Desiree and Davide make great cappuccinos), there's a kettle for tea and a toaster. You can make your own breakfast or you can go to the Babylon Cafe around the corner and for 3 Euros have all the fresh baked pastries you can eat with a great cappucinno. (I warn you - - the staff at Babylon is RUDE--but the food is great. Typical Italy. I speak the truth)

If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me on Trip Advisor.
It was by far the most fun place I've stayed on my travels. Again, I'm biased because now I'm friends with all of them. After 3 weeks I was practically part of "the family".

Good Luck! Enjoy Rome - stay in Rome for more than 3 days, it's an amazing city!

Room Tip: If you stay in the B&B Danillo section avoid staying in the room on the right hand side directly...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jennifer B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Where to start.... Great location. Street car stop in front of building will take you to Largo di Torre Argentina where most bus routes have a stop and short walk to major attractions (Trevi, Pantheon, etc..). We walked to Vatican City and the Coloseum too. Walk to great restaurants and shops, pretty little neighborhood streets. The B&B is located in an apartment complex and is hard to find at first. You enter through the garage gate and walk up to the building. Situated in the back of the building, it is very quiet. We stayed in the "Black & White suite". Nice view from window, big, clean room. Owner was great and staff was helpful and friendly. My only negative are minor to me. The shower water temp would change multiple times while bathing. There is a small lift but most of the time it was unavailable. I did not find the bed comfortable but my friend did (very hard). Very basic breakfast so I suggest you go around the corner to Babylon Cafe and grab something to go. BIG helpful hint......Trastevere train station is faster and cheaper to and from Leonardo airport only 8 euros each way! I wish I had known this and not arrived through Termini and taken a cab but it made catching our early flight so much easier, just a short tram ride to the station.

Room Tip: Two separate apartments make up this B&B. We had a private bath in our room. the other room in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have to say that I was very happy to take the suggestions of reviewers before me, and stay at B&B Zen Trastevere. The rooms were clean, the location was AWESOME, as many people, even tour guides, raved about Trastevere being the best place to be in Rome to get the real Roman experience, and best pizza. The services that Davide gives were great. He's a great guy, very friendly, engaging, and extremely helpful. When my mother's ATM card was eaten by an ATM machine, he gave us his phone to call the bank to report the issue because we did not have one. From the first moment of meeting him, he makes you feel comfortable and is accommodating. The rooms were a good size. My parents and I had two double rooms with a shared bathroom and it was very nice. We were living like the locals among the locals. Davide's cousin Desiree works alongside him, and she was awesome too. Both were always willing to answer all of our questions, happy to look something up to make sure we knew exactly where it was, and you could tell both Davide and Desiree both were focused on making the guests feel comfortable and wanted to make sure our time was a good one. We also met Davide's neighbor, I believe his name is Andre (I hope that's correct) and he was a great guy too, willing to answer any questions, make suggestions, etc. Just very hospitable people.

Thank you Davide and Desiree for your hospitality and I hope to see you again on a return trip to the Eternal City.

Just a little info: There were no TV's in the rooms we were in when we stayed, I am not sure if that will change or not, but to tell you the truth after touring Rome all day, by the time we made it back to our rooms, I barely had enough time to set the alarm on my phone before I fell asleep. I know for those who stay in a hotel, this is a staple of hotels, but I found it to be a breath of fresh air and I hope to stay at B&B Zen Trastevere again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tony M
Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Again a perfect stay in a perfect neighborhood!!! The centre of Rome is just across the Tiber river and is only a 10 min walk!

This is the second that we've stayed at B&B Zen Trastevere. But this time we were with four people in two rooms.
We shared a very nice bathroom! And again very nice and very big rooms!

They even have 10 really great rooms now!!

We like to thank Davide, Desiree and Andrea again for everything!

Thanks and we'll meet again someday!!

Best regards Gabriële, Mark, Annie & Jo ( Netherlands)

• Stayed September 2012