“Fantastic Surprise! Simply Delicious and Open on Monday”
Review of Regine Trastevere - CLOSED

Regine Trastevere
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Surprise! Simply Delicious and Open on Monday”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We ate here out of desperation and were overwhelmed with the quality and superb taste of the food. It was at 3:00 p.m. on a Monday and the two restaurants in the area on Anthony Bourdain's list were closed on Monday. A restaurant down the street had already closed for lunch. This was the next restaurant on the street. The waitress said the pizzeria portion was closed but the restaurant was still open (I think they stayed open a little longer just for us). My wife ordered the fried seafood plate, I had the seafood risotto, and my son had a steak with a white, creamy peppercorn sauce. All three were fantastic!!! The risotto was full of muscles, clams, shrimp, squid, etc. It was delicious! The fried seafood was fresh and wonderful. And my son's steak was probably the best meal he had on a month long vacation. The portions were very large and I had to resort to making sure I ate all the seafood and only left some rice because I was so full. It was reasonably priced by Rome standards.....under 50 euros for all three entrees and two large bottles of water.

Oh, and the restaurant is small but beautiful with marble floors! The bathroom is very nice......which is important!!!!!!

• Visited June 2011