“Le Petit - indeed but the staff was AWESOME!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Petit

Hotel Le Petit
Ranked #970 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Mountain View, California
“Le Petit - indeed but the staff was AWESOME!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed here recently (Sept 23-26, 2011) and was pleasantly surprised. I was already anticipating the worst after reading the reviews. This was my last leg of Europe travel (Paris, main Greece island, Rome) and I was already tired and a little jaded. I have to say this has been probably the 2nd favorite hotel I stayed at during my travels. That said a lot since I've stayed at various main hotel chains while in Greece because I traveled with a tour group. This review is based on a single occupancy room. Why do I like this hotel more than any other that I stayed at during this travel? Well, my overall experience was great! Staff was super awesome! Just my experience with the check in, the front desk person immediately gave me the lowdown on how to get around Rome, even recommended places to visit (which were ALL great, thank you!). My favorite was this older guy, super friendly. I was a little weirded out that it was only on the fourth floor and the office was located on the 2nd which shared with other businesses and residence. When I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised! It was clean and had everything I needed. Mind you, it was super tiny and the bed isn't super soft (but for me, it was comfy and clean)! Maybe for most Americans, this would be about a 1/4-half the size of room you'd get in a typical hotel chain in the States and you'd have a single bed. However, it was clean, the water runs great (this should be a given, but I've stayed at some were the showers were either positioned weirdly, or water was not so good and there's something not working in the room), free wifi in the lobby (typical in most EU), and the air condition worked - which is a hit or miss in from my experience! :) They cleaned my room everyday, but I asked them not to do this since I don't need it cleaned everyday and just save water/time for their staff. The location was perfect, I practically walked everywhere, and very close to the bus, metro, train station and those open tour buses.
If you're super particular and picky about hotels, this might be a 'bad hotel' for you. The breakfast was blah - but all I need is coffee, really, and they make it for you for free! There are some weird things like leaving your hotel key while you're out at the front desk - but I like this since I don't have to worry about losing it, plus it's good for my safety since I traveled alone. However, if you just want a comfortable room with great helpful staff and you're on a budget during your travel, I highly recommend this hotel. It's also on the 'noisier' side but if you've stayed at any major city hotels, this won't be a surprise. Overall, I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on a BUDGET and don't mind a small room... but have a great staff!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Syrah35

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
KSA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

The hotel: very standard nothing good or bad is noticeable. ( I had the room with the square balcony).

Cleanliness: it is clean they change sheets and clean the bathroom daily. The balcony was dirty and they did not clean it.

Location: Very good, close to metro and Termini Station, i liked the nazionale St. very vibrant at all times.

Staff: One guy at the front disk is very friendly (for management > he told me he just bought a house) the old man is not. The breakfast lady is nice too.

The breakfast: Do NOT expect any big breakfast, it is just a snack in the morning, Although they make you a fresh cappuccino and have fresh sweet croissant. But eat your snack in 10 min. and leave. Breakfast room is for Approx. 16 people only.

Room and Bath: Clean, everything works, but a bit old. (U get what U pay for)

Sleep:Our room was noisy. There was constant construction in the building making it hard to sleep past 6 30/ 7 am. No complains about the beds. But again U get what U pay for.

Wi-fi: Free in the lobby.

A/C: The room had a separate AC unit. And it worked very well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

GOOD
The location is good
The help at the desk is good (well the one man was nice and helpful the other was not at all - rude actually)
BAD
The bed was hard and they only gave you one pillow.
The room was small
They never changed the sheets - 5 days.
The shower was small could barely turn around
The breakfast was awful - bun, two slices of un-toasted bread, juice and coffee. The breakfast area was small and had old furniture
The AC was not strong
There was constant construction on floor three making it hard to sleep past 6 30/ 7 am.
The elevator is slow - so you might as well walk up the stairs

The price was a rip off - considering around the corner and down the street you could stay in a 4 star hotel with good Air conditioning for WAY cheaper! Do your research and do not stay here unless you get a good deal and everywhere else is booked!

Room Tip: our room was clean, but small - Pictures online look nothing like the room we had for to
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lyndsay B

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

The hotel itself was pleasant enough. Clean, good location and breakfast was fair. The single rooms are small, but utilitarian and the washroom is modern. The staff however, was fabulous! All speak very good English and all were very accommodating and helpful. I unfortunately lost my passport and had to stay in Rome longer than planned. The staff allowed me to use their phone and computer to organize my necessary documents, even when I stayed at a different hotel the last few days!! (this one was full). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Can here street noise on the second floor. Chose rooms higher up if you can.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel is oddly situated in a office building on the 2nd and 4th floor, you must push a buzzer to get in to the building. We stayed here as it was close to the train station and we were en route to the airport early the next morning. The room was large clean and beds were a good size for quad occupancy. The noise level from the street below was excessive. The breakfast was very basic and the internet was only working in the lobby area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

It was my first trip to Rome, Italy, and I needed a comfortable but not very expensive hotel and in the center of the city. So I found the Hotel Le Petit, which is a small but comfortable, clean and with good care.
I got a room with air conditioning, a queen size bed, flat screen TV a small dresser with mirror and chair, a closet with a safe and two lamps on their bedside tables. It offers wireless Internet connection. The bathroom was also small, with shower, toilet, sink and bidet, all very clean.
The staff is friendly and speaks English, Spanish and Italian.
The room was cleaned daily, had enough towels and everything you need in the bathroom.
At night there was always quiet and could rest properly.
It offers a small breakfast consisting of juice, coffee, bread, butter, jam and cheese, as well as some fruits like apples, pears and bananas in a small room with tables for two or four people, attended by two girls very serviceable.
It is very accessible either by bus or a subway station less than two blocks away.
The high-speed trains station,that take you to other nearby cities or the airport is half a mile.
The cost is suitable for what you get. I highly recommend for a pleasant stay in the Eternal City, Rome.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony but may be noisy. The WiFi Internet is not so fast but average.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Moroco49x1
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

We just stayed at Le Petit. Rooms are small and showers are very small.. However service and hotel staff were great. They spoke very good English and helped us navigate Roma with ease. Le Petit is walking distance from the train station. Around the corner from Metro and 200 feet from many bus lines. Rooms are small but enough room to put away your luggage and each room had a writting desk & AC. But the staff was the best. Always helpful and friendly and that is not always the case when traveling. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a small balcony.....
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family