“Small Hotel - Big service”
Review of Hotel Le Petit

Hotel Le Petit
Ranked #1,013 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We just stayed at Le Petit. Rooms are small and showers are very small.. However service and hotel staff were great. They spoke very good English and helped us navigate Roma with ease. Le Petit is walking distance from the train station. Around the corner from Metro and 200 feet from many bus lines. Rooms are small but enough room to put away your luggage and each room had a writting desk & AC. But the staff was the best. Always helpful and friendly and that is not always the case when traveling. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a small balcony.....
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rnfyles

Reviewed December 9, 2010

Good location, very close to train & bus terminal, shops & restaurants, friendly service of all the hotel's staff. No need more if you are looking for a good room & service.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tkmtGTP
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We enjoyed our stay, because:
it was close to Metro, close to Termini. Close to Tram.
It was situated in a "normal" area, not very touristy, like Piazza Navona.
The staff was friendly.
The breakfast ok, its a hotel... but nice cakes, good coffee.
The room quiet and clean, and cozy... with a little balcony.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I did a lot of reviewing before I selected a hotel. I read reviews, searched locations, etc. I picked this one for it's location and that is all it has. It is in a terrific spot, close to everything. There are little stores to purchase drinks/snacks, restaurants, shops just steps away. Also, close to central transportation. The problems. We had a balcony. No soundproofing at all. The room was gloomy, the bed was HARD, bedspread was dirty, the noise was terrible. Sirens, horns, etc. You may as well bring your bed to the sidewalk. The shower was small but the problem was the wand shower head. There are too many other hotels even in the direct vicinity of this hotel to stay here. Spend more if you have to. It's ROME!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TA14
Reviewed May 27, 2010

First, the good parts: The location is very central, people at the reception and the cleaning lady were both friendly. Not that they solved my problems, they were just friendly. Also, the central location combined with poor sound isolation means lots of annoying sounds in the middle of the night. Bring your earplugs with you!! And yes, this is still the good part!

The negative sides of my experience evolve around the hygiene and service factors, which I believe are central to any hotel. Throughout my one week stay, the room was dusty and alarmed my allergies to a new level. The irritation continued even after I got rid of the blankets and the bed cover, which were really dusty. When I told the management that I wanted to cancel due to this general lack of hygiene, I was rejected with the excuse that a three day notice was necessary. I would expect them to try to solve this inconvenience, instead of making it a bigger issue for me. Moreover, the rail system for the showerhead wasn't stable and the showerhead (almost) fell on my head. And that thing is heavy!! When I asked the management to replace it, they first said I didn't have to use the rail system and could hold the showerhead (thanks for the suggestion). When I insisted, they said they will replace it, which never happened, instead they taped it. I don't call this good service. And how much does that rail system cost anyway? 10-15 euros? Come on..

Final verdict, choose this hotel only if you're looking for a top spot and don't care about anything else.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Mum_Chamber
Reviewed April 8, 2010

personal was extrem. helpfull. i book my trip through hotwire--big mistake--they book hotel outside of rome, but provide me with rome adress. when i arrived at hotel --was no room reserved. hotel staff was exelent .

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MONKEYNJ
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I booked with Booking.com and specifically asked for a room with a balcony for 3 nights. Things began badly when the taxi kinly arranged by the hotel took me to the wrong hotel! I had to get another taxi to the correct hotel late at night. Not great for a woman travelling alone.
I went to my room on the 4th floor only to find it was tiny, NOT refurbished, very gloomy, NO balcony and an incredibly tiny shower with the strangest most ineffective hairdryer. Awful really. I was very unhappy. The night staff on the desk was lovely but as there were no other rooms available that night he couldn't help. The next morning I spoke to the day staff and was offered a lovely room, beautifully decorated, with a terrace and outdoor chairs and table - for a very small extra charge over 2 nights. Once in this room I really enjoyed my stay.

The location is great, there's a little cafe/bar next door and a very nice restaurant 'Cuba' just steps away. The staff are great, very helpful, especially Armando. Breakfast was a bit ordinary - packaged croissants, jams, meat pastes etc all packaged individually. The freshly made coffee was great though. There's a mini bar with limited choices and no glasses to drink from, and no coffee/tea making facilities in the room - though I went to the cafe/bar next door and bought coffee and little bottles of wine to enjoy on 'my' terrace.

I would definitely stay there again, but would be very specific about which room.!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo