THE ROOMS IN THE ANNEX
1. When booking our room, we selected the main building. Upon arrival, we were informed that our room was located "in the other building", situated "right across the street", where we would have a "very nice room".
2. The room on the 1st floor was clean enough BUT there was a bad mildew smell in the bathroom. In addition, the bathroom door would not open/close properly.
3. After we stayed for 4 nights, there was an electricity problem and we were told we should move to another room, because a failure might occur during the night. We were assured that the new room would be “a very beautiful room”
4. The second room (on the 4th floor of the "other building" had no hot water. When we tried to call the reception, the telephone was not working. In order to contact the reception, we had to walk back to the main building! Problem was not solved. So we had a bath at our old room on 1st floor and slept on the 4th!
From conversations with other clients and from other reviews we understand that electricity / water problems are common and lead to moving in other rooms. Hotel offers a small compensation (i.e. 20% for the night we had to move).
Very Good. Within a walking distance from ALL attractions. Max distance 30 minutes from the Colosseum.
Good. Scrambled eggs, 3-4 types of cheese / salami. Croissants / pastry & bread.
Coffee was not drinkable, but you could order an espresso / cappuccino at extra charge.
We were able to use a public computer with internet connection and do our print jobs by mailing our files to the reception.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The hotel is not reliable. I understand that problems may happen very often, but my personal experience is limited to our stay in the Annex (Hotel Angel instead of Hotel Sant’ Angelo).
We were disappointed by the feeling that the stuff is aware of the problems associated with the buildings, but just tries to calm customers by promises and room movements.
But the price and the location are attractive. I might go back in the future if I could get a guarantee that my room would be in the main building.
And I would be prepared to complain against any modifications / inconvenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sant'Angelo is a perfect venue for you to start exploring Rome. It is set in one of the best districts of the Eternal City and is just few minutes walking from many important touristic attractions, such as Castel Sant'Angelo, St. Peter's Basilica and the Spanish Steps. It is suitable for business travels as well since it is really close to Piazza Cavour, the square in which is located the Palace of Justice (called from local people il Palazzaccio).The Hotel is a perfect starting point also for those who want to explore the city centre for shopping: commercial streets such as Via del Corso, Via Condotti and Via Ottaviano are easily reachable on foot in very short time. Our staff will always try to be helpful during your entire stay giving you informations and advices on everything you may need. Feel free to ask them even where to go tasting tipical dishes of Roman and Italian tradition. You may also ask our clerks to reserve you tickets for museums, gigs, theatres and even guided visits of the most interesting venues of Rome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Sant'Angelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Angelo Rome
- Sant Angelo Hotel