“Awesome Stay”

Ranked #59 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Troy, Michigan
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I personally loved this hotel. I travel a lot and I am used to the different standards of the European hotels and this one hit right on. I was able to stay within my budget, but at the same time, be close to the heart of Rome, and enjoy my night's sleep, feel safe and comfortable and was able to relax! The people there were so welcoming and friendly! We sat and talked about different tours/trips I could take and when I decided to take the Pompei trip, they made sure to give me all the information necessary and have my back every step of the way in preparing for it.
Very short walk to the Fontana di Trevi which is SO beautiful to just casually walk by especially at night when it's lit up- while enjoying some DELICIOUS gelato!
Just overall, I've had lots of different experiences with trips in Europe- hotels and all- even within Italy itself but this one was no mistake at all. I would highly recommend it to anyone and plan on staying again if the roads ever lead me back to Rome(:

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very impressed with this small central hotel.
It's a little hard to find (not well signed, on the first floor of a block next to a church on Via Nazionale).
Considering its above a late opening Irish bar it's very well soundproofed, we weren't kept awake.
Comfortable beds in a clean, if a bit small, room.
Staff were very friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations.
Breakfast that was included was standard European breakfast- cold meat, cheese, pastries, yoghurt and good coffee (obviously, given it was Italy).
Location was excellent- didn't have to use the metro or buses to get to any of the sights.
Considering all of the above, this place is incredible value for the €40 per night we paid, in the centre of a European capitol.
I imagine prices increase in the summer months, but I would not resent paying double what we did for a stay in the summer.
Very pleased with our hotel choice (which we made based on reviews on this site)- I would definitely recommend.
Don't disregard the bad reviewers- they make valid points regarding the old lift and steps in the rooms. An elderly or disabled person might struggle, but for a young couple it was the perfect place to stay in Rome.

• Stayed January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel may only be listed as 3 stars but as far as I'm concerned it is a 5 star hotel all the way. I travelled to Rome on my own in July, from the moment I walked in everyone was extremely helpful. The room was very clean. I booked this hotel on the advice of my travel agent and of course I checked trip advisor. I was still concerned but should not have been. Everyone at the front desk was wonderful. Every morning they checked on me while I was having breakfast to ensure I had everything I need. I have stayed in many hotels and this one would be one of my favourites and I felt very safe. I would also like to thank Reda for his wonderful service. I will defiantly be back to your hotel. I'm only sorry I have not written my review sooner. If travelling to Rome this place is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Magda A
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We booked this hotel on the recommendation of other Trip Advisors and were not let down. It is very quaint and charming. The rooms are clean and well kept and it is in a very good location. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. They also provide a very decent continental breakfast with Twinnings tea for us non-coffee drinkers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My Husband & I stayed at Hotel a Cortina in September last year 2013. What wonderful service, on booking they emailed us with a offer for airport pickup (€55) which was very efficient, as this is just a doorway it may have been challenging to find. Hotel Cortina is in a fab location, short walk to train station, & all the historic sites, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Colleseum, we even walked to the Vatican, which wouldn't have taken half so long if we hadn't got lost! There is a supermarket nearby also plenty of restaurants. Breakfast is in a tented room and is typical of Italian hotels. The room was pleasantly decorated, quite roomy. The bathroom was clean, a little tricky to manage in the shower if you are not very mobile, not an issue for us, however there are a lot of little steps between some of the rooms. This hotel is on the first floor & there is an ancient lift, which we didn't use. (Needed to walk off all that delicious Pasta!) the hotel was fully booked for some of our 4 night stay, our room faced the street & we did not find it noisy. More like haven frome the heat & noise of Rome. Nice touch too we received an email wishing us a Merry Christmas! We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Norfolk
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel to anyone! My husband & I stayed here for 5 nights over New Year & didn't want to leave!! It is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic central location. It's only a short walk to all the major attractions (Trevi fountain, colosseum, Spanish steps & the main shopping area).

Our hotel room was much bigger than we expected & was a really good size for such a central, city location; it was very clean, nicely decorated & comfortable. It's the 3rd time we've visited Rome & this is by far the best hotel we have stayed in.

The staff were incredibly helpful, so friendly, polite & welcoming -they made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them & they would go out their way to help & answer our questions. Kelli the concierge was fantastic (I apologise if I've mis-spelled his name) he helped by recommending restaurants & went out his way to find out the best places to spend & celebrate the new year. In fact the entire staff were fantastic.

The breakfast buffet was lovely; there was a nice selection of food, it was all fresh & tasty, a there was a choice of juices, teas or coffees.

Thank you so much for having us & for making our trip to Rome so memorable. You have a beautiful hotel & wonderful staff. We really enjoyed our stay with you and hope to return one day
James & Amie R

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amie R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in December 2013. For the price, the hotel offers good value for money and a very central location. The rooms are generally well maintained and clean. Staff were helpful and friendly. We booked a transfer to the airport with the hotel, which also proved to be both good value and easier than taking taxi or public transport. My only negative comment is that the rooms are not completely sound proof and, depending on how loud the other guests are, you do get some noise in the room. The doors do appear to be thin which may contribute to the noise level. Despite this, i would stay here again based on price and location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple