Hotel Cortina
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvia nazionaleirish pub next doorfirst flooraround the cornerbedroom apartmentwithin walking distancefully equipped kitchenwooden doorsmall hotelbusy streetpastriesminute walktrain stationbreakfast roomquiet roomwould definitely stay here againcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in Hotel Cortina in Rome last week and had a great experience. We had an apartment for my family. (my spouse and two daughters) The apartment is perfect for a family with lots of Rome to spread out. The rooms were large with a common sitting area, kitchen and two large bathrooms. The apartment was clean, comfortable and affordable. Breakfast was fine, coffee, juice, pane, cheese, meat. The staff was great and Angelo Milana was extremely helpful whenever we needed something. Angelo is a cyclist, I'm sending him one of my local cycling club jerseys.

The hotel is walking distance from the train stations and a 15-20 minute to most major attractions. Cabs are easy to catch at the taxi stands. The meto is just a few blocks away.

Room Tip: The apartment is around the corner from the main hotel on a quiet side street. It was perfect for a family and I would easily stay here again.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great location, lovely staff, clean rooms and good breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This little hotel is like home away from home. The staff are outstanding and will help you with directions, restaurants, reservations for museums, taxis, etc. There is a limited but wonderful breakfast in the morning with the best cappuccino. The rooms are clean, well cared for, air conditioned. The hotel is on Via Nazionale near the Piazza della Repubblica, where there is a Metro stop. It is also within walking distance to Rome's main train station, the Termini, the Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and all of the beautiful little streets that Rome has to offer. Whenever I go to Rome, this is where I stay, even if I am just passing through.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights at the Hotel Cortina’s Apartment B – just perfect for 2 people and reasonably priced. The hotel arranged for a private car transfer from Rome Fiumicino Airport. The apartment is in a good, safe neighbourhood and in a convenient position close to the main rail station and also a local metro stop, with two small supermarkets within walking distance. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in the surrounding area as well as good shopping, but it is a little bit of a longer walk to some of the main antiquities. We arrived early in the morning and our apartment wasn’t ready, but management were very friendly and helpful and stored our bags for us and gave us a map so we could find our way around for a couple of hours. The apartment has its own entrance with (small) lift access around the corner from the hotel and is very elegantly decorated/furnished with all you could need for a self-catered stay. The bathroom is spacious and modern, but what made the stay special was the lovely little private terrace off the bedroom where you can sit and have breakfast, drinks etc and also the use of a laptop with free Wi-Fi.
Tips: We used the metro a few times and it is cheap and easy to navigate. We didn’t buy our tickets to the Coliseum or Forum in advance and the queues weren’t too bad –but this wasn’t peak time. We did book the Vatican Museum in advance to avoid queues and to make sure we got our desired time, but we chose the night time opening as it wasn’t meant to be as crowded and it suited our schedule better. The majority of the galleries were open with just a couple closed at night. One thing I would say is that it seems more geared up to additionally purchased audio or private tours as the signage and description of works was pretty average. We ate twice at La Taverna dei Monti on via del Boschetto just off Via Nazionale. It was reasonably priced, cosy and the food was was comforting. San Crispino near the Trevi Fountain has great Gelato – very good quality. Look for places that display gelato artigianale.

Room Tip: We occupied one of two apartments the hotel owns so can't comment on the actual hotel rooms, but our apartment was just lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oz-Amanda
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked this hotel due to the positive reviews on this site. The hotel is within great proximity to Termini and is within walking distance of all the major sites in Rome, except for the Vatican City. It is lovely and clean and our room was kept clean every day, although we did find the breakfast slightly limited but good enough to do.

Staff were friendly and very approachable for information and advice. The rooms however, are very small and if this is a major important factor for you, then this hotel would not suit. We would have preferred a bit more room ourselves and this has affected my thoughts on whether we would go back here again and I would say that I would look into other hotels first but if we couldn't find anywhere else at price we are willing to pay then I would go back as everything else about the hotel is acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple