“perfect lunch”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Reviewed August 13, 2013

LUNCH: For 13 euros you have a chef's "gift" (a small bruschetta), other three dishes, a glass of wine and water.
And everything is tasty, special!!
I live in Rome and I go there every week - the menu changes everyday.
Great value! Highly recommended.

(For Dinner time is good, but I really recommend it for the lunch time.)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We visited L'Asino d'Oro based on Katie Parla's advice. I was super excited about it and even showed up before opening time (12:45 pm). The 13 Euro fixed lunch menu is a pretty good deal, however, you really don't have a choice in what you will eat, as everyone is served the same food. We had an appetizer made of pecorino cheese that was delicious. The tepid white bean soup laced with olive oil was something new for us. The pasta was just ok. If I actually liked eggplants, I would have surely loved the eggplant sformato (souffle) as my mom devoured it. However, since I dislike both the taste and texture of eggplants, the dish just wasn't made for me. Wine and water was included in the price, but dessert was not. Overall it was just ok, but I am sure they have better (eggplant-free) days!

2  Thank Sheila514
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a friend who had dined at the restaurant. The chef is from Umbria and the menu reflects that. It is very creative cuisine - and excellent. A tasting was offered - potato, chickpea and vanilla molded mousse that melted in your mouth. We shared the antipasti of sausage with grapes - different and delicious. The pastas were wonderful - the gnocchi with bacon, tomato and onion was so light and the tagliolini with black truffles, almonds and anchovies was an interesting combination that really worked. The main courses also demonstrate the chef's creativity - wild boar with "chocolate" and wine and lamb meatballs with frigittello peppers. And the wine list offers a very good selection. It is a contemporary space - elegant and comfortable. It is a little difficult to find - Via dei Boschetta, 73 - but well worth the effort.

1  Thank chrismorrison718
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nothing wrong with the food but hugely over priced, if not ridiculous for the quality given.
They also made a mistake with the bill and charged 10 euro's too much..............
In short, the perfect tourist trap!

3  Thank Yllimed
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had walked across half of Rome to lunch here and the waiter "welcomed" us by just staring at us not saying a word. After asking if we were to late for lunch (we arrived at 3pm) he just said: "you know we have a set menu right?" and turned his back on us. We read the italian menu as best we could and did not get any help understanding the courses. Expected more and therefore left.

4  Thank ohe025

Been to L'Asino d'Oro? Share your experiences!