“Great pizza! (best I've ever had)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Forchetta d'Oro

La Forchetta d'Oro
Ranked #1,183 of 12,135 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Monti
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizza! (best I've ever had)”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stumbled across this little restaurant on Sunday afternoon, after finding that another Trip Advisor-recommended place nearby was closed. It had a family-run feel and was busy with Italians, I think we were the only foreigners, which we took as a good sign.

The pizza here was great, quite possibly the best I've ever had, very thin and crispy and with lots of delicious mozzarella on top. I had the mushroom and my boyfriend had the anchovy, both were great. The amount of wine (very mild and drinkable) I got in a little jug seemed very generous (boyfriend had a beer and also some wine since there was too much for me). The dessert was also good, we both thought the creme brulee was better than the tiramisu.

The service was quite quick and the cost was about 35 euros altogether for drinks, a pizza and a dessert each. The owner was friendly and nice and his friend, an accordion player, popped in to play a quick tune which felt authentically Italian and fun. We would definitely come back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank naomi c

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best food in Rome punto!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the best food we had in years.
The owner waiter and cook is a genius.
We had to come day after day just to sample every dish on the menu.
Each dish is about 5 to 6 euros and you have to order the house wine.
This is the kind of restaurants you can find only out in the country side of Italy.
Don't miss this culinary experience next time you are n Rome.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mery_nathan
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Good local fair”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just managed to get a table for 2 by the salad / dinner plate table that had a football on it! bar. The place was full, people queueing outside. Its basic, its traditional, its full of life, its interesting, its a Trattoria. The owner was rushed off his feet but nothing was too much trouble. He gave us free desserts to try and Limoncello's. Well worth a visit. Would we eat there again,,,yes.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nemec123
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice vege pizza for vegetarians”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, they have really really great food. The pasta was good...and the vegetable pasta was really really tasty... but after I got home on realised the waiter charged me more than I ordered. But I wasn't too sure if it was me who counted wrongly. But I feel like I paid a little more. So when u try this place, try the good food, but remember to check the receipt!

1 Thank Leon W
Holland, MI
“Meh...”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Seven of us went here for lunch around 2 p.m. on a Wednesday. The guy who waits is very friendly and accommodating. The prices are fairly cheap, and the food is fairly average. I had the roast chicken, which is baked dark meat. My daughter's spaghetti carbonara did not have the necessary creamy sauce; it was more like scrambled eggs and bacon over pasta. The red sauce on my wife's pasta was very bland. The bread is very rustic and dry. I had a slice of pizza, which was not too bad. Beware of reviews of either extreme ecstasy or disgust; it's average food at an average price.

• Visited March 2013