“Very poor”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went there early on a Thursday evening for dinner as we were staying very close. We had a very similar experience with the Marla7 assessment. The place was very empty but they left us standing for a long time in the middle of the restaurant in a very unwelcome manner while they decided if they could find us a table. Mainly just ignoring us, then eventually pointing to a table in a far corner on our own next to the kitchen door.
This place has a very unfriendly atmosphere and pretentious.
We sat there and after some considerable time without any attention it became obvious that this was not going to be a good night. So rather than wait for that to happen we walked out. The only good thing was the look on the managers face as we left.
Having eaten in many restaurants all over the world this is only the second time I have walked out in this manner.

2  Thank Mike B

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We spent five days in Rome and tried different restaurants in the area, this was by far the best dining experience we had. The meat quality was excellent, the food was cooked well especially the steak prepared perfectly medium and the pasta had a delicious meat sauce. The Caesar salad containing grilled chicken and pancetta bacon can be shared or eaten as a meal due to the ample serving. The house red wine was excellent, four euros for a half liter. The problem with dining in the Rome city center is that the food quality is poor due to the amount of tourists that frequent those restaurants. This restaurant should be rated much higher than it's competition in the area. I tried the other restaurants rated higher first (#495 & #1090 I think) and can honestly say this is best of them all!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Great pizza, great bruschetta and tasty cocktails! I went there because ic a recommentation by friends that lives in Rome for 3 years. Love this place! You'll love it as well! :)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is one of two my favorite restaurants in Roma. Their pizza is outstanding (not only pizza, but, oh...), just beyond competition! And moreover, you can take away any food you want.

The place is a bit noisy and the waitresses and waiters are for sure in rush, so confusions with orders happen from time to time. Yet still the problems are always solved in a minute, so not a big deal.

For future visitors: as F&G is a great place, there are sometimes queues to enter in the evening. But if you'd like to take the food away - let the staff know it (in italian - it's most effective), and you are in!

1  Thank Peter Z
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I liked this little place. The food was typical Italian fare, fresh and hot. The most distinctive aspect of my experience is that it was the first restaurant on my visit where the waiter (waitress In this case) was friendly. I would go again.

Been to Ferro & Ghisa? Share your experiences!