Special Quality Rome

Reviewed October 6, 2018
SparklyCullen
Dover, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews palatine hill second half guided tour roman forum skip the line heavy accent quality tour fountain of knowledge brilliant tour explain things these guys explained everything vatican city his knowledge ask questions interesting facts mircha
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had a great time with this group! They approached us very professionally and we did the tour of the Coloseum, Pallatine Hill ans Roman Forum with them! It was never boring, they REALLY knew their stuff and took good care of the group even under the rain! Ask for RADU! He’s the best! Also, cheaper than most tours I’ve seen online!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After getting off the metro, we were approached by this woman who explained us the tour. It sounded like every other tour out there but we decided to go for it. The tour was guided in small groups. It also gave us the group access so we could bypass the long lines. We were introduced to Mitch for the first part of the tour of the Colosseum. He was so informative and answered any question any one had. He explained every section of the place in great detail. After the tour there, he introduced us to Radu, who would give us the tour of Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum. Learning about history was never so enjoyable. Thank you to both Mitch and Radu for the most memorable and informative tour of our trip in Europe.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great guides today, very efficient, informative and fun. We were taken through to each of the sights avoiding the queues and given a great deal of information on the main areas, quickly and effectively. Loved it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were approached by the team close by the coliseum and it resulted on a great idea because we got all the information and some extra one about its history. I recommend having a guide if you are actually interested in knowing what went, else it can be boring and long. We got a very nice guide called Mitch with a great English and knowledge. The price was fine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since the first moment that I got to the Coliseum, I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of people and also the lack of general indications, even for something as simple as buying a ticket. So when I heard a woman giving some indications to other tourists that were a little bit lost, I decided to approach her looking for some help so she told me that she was part of an agency that runs tours inside the Coliseum, Palatine and Forum.

At the beginning I was a little bit apprehensive with the idea because I didn't see myself listening to a guide during the whole visit but when I knew I was going to be able to skip the queues, that literally was a no brainer for me.

The biggest surprise was when we started the tour and I found the guides so knowledgeable, approachable and funny. For the first part of the tour (Coliseum) it was amazing how our guide (sadly I cannot remember her name) explained to us, every little detail of the place. It was not just about looking at rocks. It was about using your imagination; understand the building’s structure and the function of the different areas.

For the last part of the tour (Palatine and Forum) we had Radu, who made me laugh and enjoy the visit a lot. He is incredibly funny but also knows so many historical details: dates, names, etc. If you have any question, he is going to give you the answer but above all that, he really wants to make you enjoy your visit and learn a little bit about the place.

Fully recommended tour!!!

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

So glad we chose this tour in Rome. Radu was an amazing guide along with the man that gave us our tour of the Colosseum. Would definitely recommend this tour company!

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Had a great tour of the colosseum with Mitch, his history was amazing and really funny! It was all really prepared and well thought out, we never really felt rushed. It was a bit annoying we had to wait outside for 20+ minutes in the sun with the street hawkers, but maybe our next guide was running late! Radu was also amazing, very very funny and great knowledge- also finding places that we could sit down to listen. Less walking in the second half. My only disappointment was that Radu asked if anyone was interested in seeing the Vatican the next day, we were, but after hearing it was quite a long tour we decided to do it ourselves (no way can I listen to a guide for 3 hours!). When we told him, he straightaway turned his back and tried to sell the package to someone else. Would have been nice to get an “I understand!” But oh well.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had a fantastic time with the best guides Mircea and Radu. The tour included the visit to the Colosseum (included the arena)Palatine and Forum for 40 euros.
Both guides were very informative and I love the way they explained things. Really easy to understand. They spoke clear English (Though that’s not my first language) and they answered all the questions. They were really funny and made history really interesting. It was the best tour ever. I’d highly recommend it.

1  Thank Gabriela A
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic time visiting the Coliseum and Palatine Hill with two of the best guides Agnes and Radu. Both English speaking and very knowledgeable, who made the experience both fun and interesting. Would highly recommend the fast track at 40 euros to beat the queues. We got off the GLT hop on hop off bus and straight in to the Coliseum within 15 minutes

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Radu and Agnes were very good and informative guides we liked it a lot and it wasn’t too long tour