“Comfortable, clean and convenient”

Le Meridien Visconti Rome
Ranked #199 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On our first trip to Rome, my wife and I knew little except that we should expect chaotic traffic but for most of the main sites to be within walking distance of each other. It was important for us to find a convenient location. A big tick for Visconte Palace on that score.
Next, it was important for us to be comfortable, particularly after a day's sightseeing on foot, in the heat, humidity and bustling crowds of tourists, particularly at places like the Colosseum and the Vatican. (It's hard work being a tourist!). Again this hotel didn't disappoint. Our bedroom and ensuite we're not large, but of adequate size. They were very well appointed. The furnishing and finishes were new and of very good quality. No bath, but the shower was nice with a dual set of showerheads, one "rainfall" style and a hand held. Matching bidet next to the loo.
And the rooms were very clean.
A full breakfast menu came with the booking. There wasn't a huge selection on the menu...breads,pastries,cereals and fruits and hot food limited to bacon and scrambled eggs. But everything was nicely prepared and one would have to be fussy to find fault.
The gym was small, but, again, well appointed with modern equipment and air conditioning.
The service at reception was polite and helpful.
The decor is modern, making good use of wood panelling, chrome and relaxing colors.
Not 5 star, but in my books a well earned 4 stars.

1  Thank StephenRees
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

The entire staff thank you for your stay at the Visconti Palace Hotel and for having written your wonderful online opinion!

Is a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hoping to see you very soon in Rome... always at the Visconti Palace Hotel !

Kind regards

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our recent trip to Rome and we were not disappointed! Our room, on the 6th floor, had recently been renovated and was simply gorgeous! The bathroom was huge with a very large walk-in shower. The bed was king size and so comfortable and the rooms were spotless. The staff was very friendly, especially since we had problems connecting with the internet; they were always ready to guide us thru the process. The breakfast was amazing! It was the best of our trip. There were so many options - breads, pastries, meats, cheeses, fruits, yogurts, cereals, eggs, juices, coffee. My husband has Celiac and when we asked one of the wait staff if they had any gluten-free bread items, she brought out an entire tray of breads, cookies and crackers that my husband could eat. The location of the hotel is very convienent and within walking distance to the hop-on, hop-off bus that tours Rome. Great place to stay and would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Nonna1018
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I thank you for your stay at Visconti Palace Hotel and for having conveyed your opinion in such an enthusiastic and effective way.

Reading your words I get aware how much you appreciated the staff’s work and how much you liked our new rooms located on the 6th floor. I will share with all my staff your nice review.

Thank you for your kind and effective recommendation hoping to welcome you back very soon!

With my best regards

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I´ve been in Rome several times, for the first time I´ve stayed at the Visconti Palace Hotel, located 4 blocks from Piazza del Poppolo, thye hotel is very clean and the newly renovated guest rooms are much much better than the european standards.
Breakfast is VERY good. Don`t look anymore if you`re going to Rome.

Room Tip: There are some newly renovated rooms you can buy in advance
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank osodemo
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear guest,

it's wonderful to read such an enthusiastic comment and I am so grateful for that.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience among us with the other travelers.

I am glad to know that you did enjoy the services and amenities of the hotel and also the location.

I hope to see you again to renew the experience, for me and all the staff it will be a real pleasure :.. second time in Rome and choosed again the Visconti Palace Palace Hotel.

I wish you the best fo the future and keep in touch on facebook !!!

Warm regards

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here in May 2012 and was well pleased with the hotel and location. We loved the sun terrace also the hotel was very clean the rooms spacious and staff very helpful. Thank you Visconti palace for a fabulous stay x

Stayed: May 2012
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us at the Visconti Palace Hotel .I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our services. I will certainly share with all the team.

Thank you so much once again for your kind comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Hotel was in a great location. They allowed us to check in early (arrived in Rome around 7:30 am) Most of The staff at desk was not very pleasant. One mature gentleman in particular made me feel that I was bothering him. The breakfast was outstanding and the woman who took care of us in the dining room was fabulous. She remembered what we wanted and didn't have to ask the next two mornings. The room was comfortable and clean, but shower was small. Glad I read on Trip Advisor to bring my own wash cloth as the hotels do not offer them.

1  Thank Margarita D

Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for taking time to fill-in the survey sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com.

Since at the Visconti Palace Hotel we take very seriously any of ours guests’ feedback, I will be pleased to receive some more information regarding the inconvenience occured with one "mature gentleman " working at the Front Desk.

Waiting for your emai, should you return to Rome one day I would be happy welcoming you at the Visconti palace.

With my best regards.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was a last stop on a ten day trip through Rome. We spent three nights here and enjoyed it. It is not the best place we stayed ( see my Castello del Nero review ), but it served us well. One of the highlights was Fabio, in the lobby bar! He treated us like family! He guided us to excellent places to eat, helped arrange taxis, and generally made it a pleasure to be there! We will miss him very much....

Room Tip: Possible to walk most places of interest in Rome.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

It's a great pleasure for all of us to have a positive feed back from you, and I am so grateful for that.

It's nice to know that you did enjoy your stay with us and you keep in your mind a good memory of the hotel and our Barman Fabio.

I hope that in a very near future, I will have the opportunity to welcome you again .

With my best regards.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Clean, excellent location and breakfast. Only complaint was the time to get batteries for the tv remote. Also, we got there early but were unable to have the breakfast. We had to wait till the next day. I would still stay there again. Clean and perfect location, and very safe.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tttmtleb

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your stay at Visconti Palace Hotel and for having left your opinion.

I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in Rome and that you liked our hotel and location.

Me with all the staff of the breakfast, thanks you for your appreciating words and hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Rome.

Kindest regard.