“Great location”

Ranked #200 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in May 2012 and was well pleased with the hotel and location. We loved the sun terrace also the hotel was very clean the rooms spacious and staff very helpful. Thank you Visconti palace for a fabulous stay x

Stayed May 2012
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us at the Visconti Palace Hotel .I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our services. I will certainly share with all the team.

Thank you so much once again for your kind comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Hotel was in a great location. They allowed us to check in early (arrived in Rome around 7:30 am) Most of The staff at desk was not very pleasant. One mature gentleman in particular made me feel that I was bothering him. The breakfast was outstanding and the woman who took care of us in the dining room was fabulous. She remembered what we wanted and didn't have to ask the next two mornings. The room was comfortable and clean, but shower was small. Glad I read on Trip Advisor to bring my own wash cloth as the hotels do not offer them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margarita D
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for taking time to fill-in the survey sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com.

Since at the Visconti Palace Hotel we take very seriously any of ours guests’ feedback, I will be pleased to receive some more information regarding the inconvenience occured with one "mature gentleman " working at the Front Desk.

Waiting for your emai, should you return to Rome one day I would be happy welcoming you at the Visconti palace.

With my best regards.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was a last stop on a ten day trip through Rome. We spent three nights here and enjoyed it. It is not the best place we stayed ( see my Castello del Nero review ), but it served us well. One of the highlights was Fabio, in the lobby bar! He treated us like family! He guided us to excellent places to eat, helped arrange taxis, and generally made it a pleasure to be there! We will miss him very much....

Room Tip: Possible to walk most places of interest in Rome.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

It's a great pleasure for all of us to have a positive feed back from you, and I am so grateful for that.

It's nice to know that you did enjoy your stay with us and you keep in your mind a good memory of the hotel and our Barman Fabio.

I hope that in a very near future, I will have the opportunity to welcome you again .

With my best regards.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Clean, excellent location and breakfast. Only complaint was the time to get batteries for the tv remote. Also, we got there early but were unable to have the breakfast. We had to wait till the next day. I would still stay there again. Clean and perfect location, and very safe.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Tttmtleb
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your stay at Visconti Palace Hotel and for having left your opinion.

I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in Rome and that you liked our hotel and location.

Me with all the staff of the breakfast, thanks you for your appreciating words and hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Rome.

Kindest regard.

Arnprior
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is a short walk to the Vatican (15-18 minutes) and you can walk, we did, to the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain although it is a much longer walk. The staff are excellent. It ws our first time in Rome and we were worried about their ability to communicate with us in English. No problem whatsoever. The staff took all the time in the world to help you including providing you with a map. The room was clean, comfortable and the bed was good. A first class buffet in the morning was included. Our Wi-Fi was also included. There is also a rooftop terrace restaurant which we did not use but it appeared to be expensive.

Larry, Arnprior, ON, Canada

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larry P
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Mr.Arnprior ,

It is a real pleasure to read your opinion! Thank you for your stay at the Visconti Palace Hotel and for having expressed your impressions. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We would like to express our gratitude for having let us know that you felt very welcome here: it is very important for us to know that our guests feel at easy during their stay.

With my best regards

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Wirh a glimpse of design , and the usual 'redundant but lazy' staff u find in Rome's four stras the Visconti palace has 3 pluses:
- modern and well furnished
- with a good breakfast
- rightly priced

And two minuses :
- no pay tv available (at least during my stay)
- lazy check in and out (20 minutes)

Bottom line : a good address that would become a must with small efforts (perhaps younger staff?)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Cervo1968
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking time to share with other travellers your recent experience at the Visconti Palace .

Having read your comments, I do understand your disappointment regarding the long time to check in and check out, and I therefore apologize for any inconvenience encountered.

On the other hand, I am a little surprised to read that in your room was not available any Pay tv service. All our room are equipped with a 21" lcd tv, internet on tv, music, tv with blockbuster movies, cartoon, adult, and free on air channel. I will appreciate to receive more information ( your room number and date of stay ) to better investigate.

Once again please accept my most sincere apologies and I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you at the Visconti Palace Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the Visconti for 3 nights and we had a lovely stay, although this was very much impacted on the upgrade we recieved, as upon arriving at 6.30pm on the Saturday evening, we discovered our room hadn't been cleaned from the previous occupant. Having read through the reviews, it appears that housekeeping seems to be an issue at the hotel, however, in our experience we recieved a profuse apology and they promptly upgraded us to the Palace Suite, without us asking or kicking up a fuss. Needless to say, we were beyond thrilled. Breakfast at the hotel isn't a full English fry up, but to be honest, if I'd wanted that I'd have gone to Blackpool. There's plenty on offer though, and we never left the breakfast room hungry. I've read in other reviews about how rude the front desk staff were, but we never encountered this, they were always helpful and courteous to us. I think the best thing about the hotel was the location. Just 10 minutes away from the main tourist area and lots of shops, restaurants etc. It is a hotel more geared up for the business traveller and if you're a tourist they're not likely to hold your hand, however, for us, the location was perfect and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very honest, kind and thoughtful feedback.

For the inconvenience occured duruìing your arrival, please accept one more time, my personal apologize.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Visconti Palace and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards,