This was my second visit to the Rex as we thoroughly enjoyed our first visit in 2013
- very friendly staff who were so helpful and always took the time to speak and engage in conversation.
- very comfortable room (superior room) , this was our 6th visit to Rome and they are the largest we have known. Clean room with thick carpet, huge bed which was very comfortable and had 3 great nights sleep
- lots of storage space and clothes hangers. I'm sick of booking into rooms for a week and only getting a few hangers!
- free safe, first hotel that hasn't charged for what I class as a necessity
- kettle and tea tray. Again first hotel I have ever known outside of England to provide this service!
- tv and playstation with a large selection of DVDs to borrow
- hotel has lots of character which you don't find in a 'normal' hotel
- breakfast can be taken on the roof terrace.
- great coffee for breakfast
- good location which meant we could walk everywhere
- strong wi-fi. I usually don't use this as I like to escape when on holiday but my mum downloaded an e-book and photos to Facebook quickly
- lots of electric sockets, again I often find it a struggle to charge a phone, dry my hair etc but our room had lots and in the right places.
- did I mention the lovely staff ?!
Negatives - most of these are personal preference and should not put you off stopping or detract from a great hotel as the positives far outweigh any of these
- I would have liked a mirror above the desk / dressing table so I could do my hair and make up in comfort
- the lighting was very subtle in the bedroom I would have preferred more light
- for such a great hotel with lots of different things to look at our room didn't have pictures. This was not a problem I just found it out of keeping with the hotel
- could do with a new shower as it was a little worn. I should state the bathroom was very clean and towels plentiful
- I preferred the breakfast in 2013, this year there was less choice but you did get your own bread / pastry basket. I did not go hungry this is just my personal preference.
I would happily recommend this hotel and if we were to return to Rome we would definitely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Rex is a charming and cosy histori hotel located a few steps away from the Opera House and Saint Mary Major Basilica and 15 minutes away by walking from the Colosseum. Our guests and their needs are at the centre of our work and the staff is ready to assist you 24 hours a day. All the rooms are equipped with free WiFi connection, Tea&Coffee maker, Playstation with a selection of films and games available for free at Reception, Sky, airconditioning, minibar and inroom safe. Our delicious breakfast with homemade cakes, quiche and omelettes is served every day in our cosy breakfast room. The Rex Bar tempts you with coffee, cappuccino and a good selection of wine. To enjoy yourself, use the brand new "Rex Fight Club" Fitness Centre with the possibility to exercise with the Wii on a maxi screen or sunbath on the Terrace. Great news are coming: a new Restaurant and brand new rooms are going to come! Come to the Hotel Rex and experience the best in Rome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Rex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rex Hotel Rome