“the worst and shortest accommodation that I' ve never had in my life!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quirinale Hotel

Quirinale Hotel
Ranked #248 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
London, England, United Kingdom
“the worst and shortest accommodation that I' ve never had in my life!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Omg! I've never been so disappointed from an hotel and specially about the customer service!...and I ve been working in this sector for 20 years.
I took 5 of my friends from England that have never been to Italy before, thinking to give them the best first night in Rome ever!..and it was...all wrong from the beginning!:
1)We arrived at the hotel and at 3pm the rooms were not ready yet!
2)We have been welcome by a blonde young receptionist who was not able to speak either italian or english!
3)no hot water for shower
4)the day after no electricity
5)When we went for the check out, and we complaining for the service, not even asking for any sort of discount, The Receptionist Martina was shaking her head, not showing any kind of empathy, telling us that it was our opinion and to write one email to the hotel Management; then when we asked for the manager or any Supervisor, she was telling us that he was not working that day. Now I wonder, how Is it ever possible that on saturday morning, In Rome, in a month full of tourist, that there is no manager in a hotel with more than 100 rooms? LOL
The only positive point was the location and the sercice offered by the Old Luggage Porter.
This are one of the things that not make me proud to be italian...specially in this moment of recession where people should get bend in order to offer better service.
Thank God, I made it up to my friends in my Naples.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Vincenzo S
russotto, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Quirinale Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Vincenzo S,
with reference to your opinion, we are sorry for the technical problems occured during your stay.
Upon check out time, Martina tried to help you and explain you and your friends (GiuseppeV1972) the situation without any success and we regret for the misunderstanding.
Furthermore, we wish to inform you that Martina is an Italian motherlanguage and speaks a fluent English.
However, you had the wrong information about the manager. On Saturdays and on Sundays there is always a manager on duty and, on that day, she arrived at 9.30am and left the hotel at 18.30 hrs.
It's a pity that you don't feel proud to be Italian for such a kind of issue.
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently stayed with some friends in this hotel.
We had 2 double rooms and one triple ... quite disappointing apart from the location which was the only good thing about it.
Rooms are dated and staff not all corteus and welcoming.

specifically we had no hot water in the shower and no electricity the following morning on all the floor, which for one night stay basically spoilt the whole experience.
Breakfast was average... the worst thing was the staff... check in was delayed, check out was worse. When I tried to get my point across about the bad stay, all I would get was that it was a problem for the all floor ( the electricity) and that the problem had been solved (hot water)... being the room rate inclusive of bfast no discount was applied, just a mere apology asking me to write to the management.... when I asked for the manager he/she was not there... eventually, the receptionist (Martina) was very rude, she kept shaking her head in disapproval, telling me that this wa my opinion, and accusing me of telling her that she had no manners ... well, she did keep interrupting me all the time, and her shaking head was very patronising.
Overall a very bad customer service, this receptionist would never work for me, and I do work in customer service with 18 years experience in hotels, and corporate /blue chp companies across Rome and London! Training should be given to this employee....

One only shining person to my opinion... the Porter ... he was truly helpful and he had the 'Customer Care Skills' required to work within an industry were people should be made feeling welcome, no matter the price they pay and how long they stay.

Room Tip: dont stay in this hotel if you are looking for a place in working order!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank GiuseppeV1972
Milan, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked through their website a very cheap rate; I needed to stay in the area for a very short stay, and the position is nice and very comfortable if you need to travel by train, with subway station at 50metres too.
Well, I have finished with positive aspects...

Staff simply does bot answer to phone call, either internal or external. Tried to call the room service for a sandwich (list was in room); after 4 unanswered calls, went out to a good place (Dagnino) for a meal. No way to get a coffee in room, rooms are comfortable and clean, ok, but OLD OLD OLD, and common areas are even OLDER... look truly overtorn. The (little) garden is nice (but not as much as it seems if you look at pictures on website...). Next time I shall go somewhere else, maybe where staff smiles a touch more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ItalianDistinguished
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked this hotel well in advance, snatching up a small twin room for €84 per night. For any hotel in Rome, this is a good price, and certainly for a 4* establishment. When we checked the price a couple of months before we left, the price for the same room had leaped up to an average of about €500 per night - admittedly this was in the height of the season, but was a remarkable difference! Whilst I was more than happy with what I paid, and would have paid more for it, it's certainly not worth €500 per night.

The service was excellent, and the hotel was impeccably clean throughout. Cleaning of the rooms was undertaken daily (and promptly in the morning), and was impeccable - the cleaning staff were thorough and friendly. A nice breakfast in the morning. I loved the style and history of the hotel, and it did add to my experience of visiting Rome. The room was perhaps less impressive. It had all the mod-cons you'd expect (electronic contactless key-cards, even on the old fashioned doors; wifi; air conditioning; modern TV technology), and was certainly very comfortable. But it lacked the style and charm of the rest of the hotel, and of the rooms shown in the pictures. I also felt the electrics were in very poor condition (one was falling out the wall), and there were definitely not enough sockets in the rooms for modern travellers travelling with phones, cameras, iPads etc that all need charged. I also felt the wifi, which definitely had good reception throughout the hotel, was quite slow and this would be unsuitable for business travellers. The room was absolutely fine for what we paid, but again I would have felt very cheated if I'd paid €500/night! Perhaps those who'd paid the full price would have had nicer rooms, but I wouldn't take the risk if I was returning. My room faced the Via Torino on the first floor and, unlike some previous reviewers, I didn't find noise to be a problem.

The gardens were lovely, and very peaceful and tranquil. You'd never have known that Via Nazionale was just meters away! It was a lovely place to have a light breakfast in the morning, and a quick drink before bed. Having said that, the live "music" did ruin it on the last few days, and really detracted from the whole feel of the hotel.

It's in an ideal location for the train station; less than a 10 minute walk from Termini, which is great if you're arriving by train or flying into Fiumicino airport. It's maybe a bit further away from the main tourist sites, but certainly within walking distance, and there's always the Metro to get to the Vatican. I'd happily stay again here if I was back in Rome, if the prices were reasonable that is. If they were asking for €500/night for a small room, I'd probably go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

central hotel with lovely coutryard garden for alfresco dining. Rooms spacious and clean, food and restaurant service good. Front desk staff not particularly helpful /forthcoming with info, had to ask for safe key, wi-fi code, meal times etc as these were not advised at check in. We were a family of 5 and given 2 rooms one on 2nd and one on 5th floor which having booked 7 months in advance was unacceptable, we were given a room on2nd floor the follwing day.

Room Tip: front of hotel can be a bit noisy, avoid back of hotel on 5th floor as view of wall/ air con units...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
N.S.W. Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were so lucky as we were upgraded to a junior suite which naturally colours the experience, however the staff are not necessarily aware and we were treated so courteously. Our room was just lovely and the bathroom was huge. The hotel even did the old fashioned turning down the bed (how nice). The colour schemes not only in our suite but throughout the hotel were of grace and elegance. The breakfast room was a delight overlooking a large courtyard with a fountain. We ate at the restaurant one evening and so enjoyed it we ate there the next night. The location is perfect for dedicated shoppers like me, but still not very far for most of Romes many attractions. We actually enjoyed the 'rabbit warren' walk to our room from the elevator, and found many other people laughing that they also tended over the first couple of days to turn right when it should have been left, but that is what you get in an original building which has been amalgamated.

Room Tip: 422 is divine
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Killcare
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent just one night here enroute home from our son's wedding in Sorrento. Having enjoyed fabulous weather there we were a bit reluctant to return to the city in 35'C but this was a lovely traditional hotel close to the main station. A bit further out from where we stayed enroute to the wedding but chose it for the proximity to the station anyway.
We had a snack lunch in the garden restaurant and enjoyed the shade while delaying any more sightseeing until the evening. The staff were very helpful with printing boarding passes and leaving cases the next day while we strolled back to the Pantheon area for lunch prior to heading home.
Missed the fact that next door was the Exedra Hotel where we were told to try the rooftop bar....oh well there's always next time!
The bed had a tempura mattress topper which made sleeping rather hot...think it would have been better with a new mattress instead!
Overall good hotel but did prefer being in 'the thick of it' near the Plaza Navonna...certainly good if you're moving on by rail.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple