Quirinale Hotel
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
$181
$155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$148
$381
Autograph
  • Pool
3,637 results
All reviewsvia nazionaleoverlooking the gardenopera housetrain stationwithin walking distancetrevi fountaincentral locationspanish stepssuperior roomincluded breakfastroom was largemain attractionswould highly recommend this hotelstreet noiseside streetroma terminifantastic location
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, in late April 2013. Outside impressions of the hotel were good, and the hotel lobby was attractive. The staff on the reception were not particularly helpful. Only one member of staff was attending to people, with another sat down counting money. We had to wait 5 minutes to be seen to, when the other member of staff could have seen to us immediately.

Once in our room, we were very impressed, it was large, well furnished with parquet flooring, and panelling detail on the walls, just as illustrated in the pictures, the room was very grand. The furniture appeared expensive, and the room exceeded my expectations, unfortunately I cant say the same for the bathroom. The bathroom was large, but basic in décor, being tiled in plain white. Some floor tiles were cracked, and had signs of obvious wear and tear. The shower was enclosed by a curtain, not a glass screen. The window has obvious signs of decay. The room and bathroom however were both very clean, and I have no complaints on this issue.

The worse thing about the room was it had a connecting door, to an adjacent room. This made the room noisy, and once were heard people having sex in the adjacent room. This was the worse feature of the room, as you felt you had to be very considerate of the people in the adjacent room. There was little privacy in terms of noise.

The breakfast was very good, there was a large choice of hot foods, cereals, breads, juices, toast everything. The quality of the food was high and I was very impressed with the breakfast. It was totally self service including drinks and coffee. I would have preferred to have been served coffee etc.

The location is very near termini station, if I was to go to Rome again, I would prefer somewhere further south, nearer the Coliseum, other sights and the river. I wouldn’t stay here again, as I do think there are probably better hotels in Rome for a similar price. Our experience of this hotel would probably have been very different if we had a nicer bathroom and a room which did not have a connecting door to another room.

Room Tip: ask for a room which does not have a connecting door to another bedroom
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian C
Reviewed April 27, 2013

First thing to remember is that hotels in Rome aren't cheap. They're typically expensive, old, and in this case, quite grand. If you like that sort of thing.

The rooms are large, clean, and decorated with antiques. That's great if you appreciate that style. I don't - I'd rather QUIET, and in order to get quiet, I'm willing to sacrifice space.

The noise comes from two things: the lovely wooden floors (and they are nice to look at) and the thin walls. Unfortunately the walls are just "old" rather than poor quality. Frustratingly, I awoke in the early hours to the sound of the gentleman next door relieving himself, and then woke a few hours later to him running a bath. Not good.

As for service - only request was another pillow, which was brought up promptly.

Other upsides: great location (walking distance of the railway station); wonderful public spaces; looks like a nice garden cafe area (wasn't open when we visited, too cold!)

Downsides: reception busy and brusk. Noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having enjoyed a wonderful break at this hotel 10 years ago with a group of friends we thought we would book it again for few days in Rome this year on our own. We were very pleased to find that the hotel has maintained its charm and we had a lovely break. Staff were excellent, food good and our large room (standard twin) was of a high standard (although the bathroom is ready for a little renovation). Overall an excellent place to stay and all the main attractions were within comfortable walking distance (although we used the Metro for The Vatican). Would definitelt use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dhardcastle30
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I read a few bad reviews and was nervous. My wife and I are here now on our honeymoon and this place is great. Not sure what the negative people were talking about. This place is excellent and the room is huge. Staff very friendly. Breakfast is just hotel breakfast . Otherwise this place is great.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Guinness1971
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Roma for one day, for a business workshop in the Hotel Quirinale. The location of this hotel is excellent : 10 mn walk from the Trevi fountain and the center of Roma. Not far from the train station.
I had to wait to get my room, but in compensation the front desk attributed me a suite : the room was spacious, calm, well equiped and splendid.
Breakfast offers lot of choice, the service was good. The patio with the small garden and fountain was very nice for lunch and cocktails.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business