“Excellent hotel in Roma”
Review of Quirinale Hotel

Quirinale Hotel
Ranked #231 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Paris
“Excellent hotel in Roma”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Roma for one day, for a business workshop in the Hotel Quirinale. The location of this hotel is excellent : 10 mn walk from the Trevi fountain and the center of Roma. Not far from the train station.
I had to wait to get my room, but in compensation the front desk attributed me a suite : the room was spacious, calm, well equiped and splendid.
Breakfast offers lot of choice, the service was good. The patio with the small garden and fountain was very nice for lunch and cocktails.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cami2D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middle East
Reviewed April 23, 2013

First the positives..... centrally located on via nazionale, and for the most part within waling distance of many of the major attractions (Trevini Fountain, Spanish steps, The Colosseum, Piazza Venezia, The Pantheon and so on. Also a short ride away from the Vatican, Villa Borgese etc.

The hotel has an elegant charm about it, and one feels taken back in time living inside there. On the night we arrived(my family), we were put in one superior deluxe room and one deluxe room as there two vacant superior deluxe rooms(what we had booked) open next to each other. The receptionists were helpful to us, and made up for this by upgrading us to an executive room very very spacious) attached to a superior double room. Both rooms were very spacious, clean, and had an antique feel to them. The kids enjoyed the open space, and overall we were quite happy with the rooms. The down side was that the rooms were facing via nazionale and on a few night the traffic sounds bothered me, but not too much.
I must mention that the cleaning staff(housekeeping) was exceptional, and one of the best I have seen in terms of efficiency and promptness. I have seen many reviews mentioning the non-functioning AC, but for us it was working fine, and we even had to turn it off during the nights as the temperatures dipped a bit (April 16th-April 21, 2013).
Check-in and check-out was efficient for us, and we even were accommodated for a late checkout even thought the hotel was packed with a huge turnover each day while we were there. Lastly the internet was free and the speed was quite reasonable.
Now the minuses......The choice of food available in the restaurant is very limited and a big minus. The morning breakfast hardly has any variety, though whatever is available is of an above-average quality. Breakfast overall was a big disappointment, and we had the other meals on all days elsewhere.
The hotel is overall not kid-friendly. I found myself carrying my 2 year old-sons stroller in my lap up and down the stairs mainly while going to take the elevators to and from he room, as well as to the restaurant for breakfast. The floors of the rooms are barely carpeted(I was told this was by law because of carpets inducing allergic problems in certain people including asthmatics), and while the hard wooden floors were better than marbled floors, they left me and my wife nervous with the kids running around(we had to practically be after them just to make sure they wouldn't slip or fall).
For a 4+ star hotel , it was disappointing not to find tea/coffee makers, or even complimentary water in the rooms (specially the higher priced superior or executive rooms). There is no swimming pool or other usual amenity expected in a 4+ star hotel. (they do have a small gym/training room)
Overall, given that we spent little time in the hotel, we did not have any major complaints and were satisfied. The negatives we found are as above. For the size of the rooms, for the location and history of the place, for the price that one pays, I would think that this hotel is recommendable.

Room Tip: Take the room facing the garden
2 Thank arshadmian786
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here during a recent holiday initially. I had stayed here years before and found that the hotel still offered accommodation at a reasonable price and of a high quality. Rooms are spacious and very clean. The location is terrific with he main railway station within walking distance. There are some reasonable restaurants in the area but some very average ones on the Via Nationale!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a large hotel with varying rooms. The room I was given has two beds but really only a single. Other people in my party had better, but avoid the front rooms due to the noise which carries on through the night. Also not all our rooms were ready and we were given no definite answer of when they would be. The breakfast area facing the garden is not suitable for the size of hotel and the actual food is not good enough for a 4 star.

The staff on the front desk vary and it is a real question of luck who you deal with. My main problem however was when I lost my safe key and needed their help. Unbelievably they would not open the safe for me until the day I left!!! As "they could not be sure who I was" after staying there for 2 days previous. Although they were asked again the morning after, again I was brushed off. I asked the receptionist to help me find the phone number for the restaurant opposite the Vatican where I thought I might have lost it and she could not find the telephone number on a famous street with only two restaurants!! Also there would be a 150 euros charge for changing the barrel for a new key.

Its an interesting hotel in a good location but this experience means I would not stay there again. When you have a problem like mine, there was no assistance at all, only indifference.

Room Tip: Front of building are noisy during the night due to main road traffic, dustmen etc
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank elainewills01
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Service poor, no aircon until June, so if you want air in your room you have to open the window. Given this is on a main road you have a choice to bake or stay awake all night listening to local bars and traffic. It's overrated expensive and others nearby offer better facilities. Just go elsewhere

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank Regulattraveller
Woodford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

On my recent trip to Rome I stayed in this hotel on the Ave National, I found the location excellent and with many amenities in close vicinity. Including a stall that was open until 1am should you want to buy fruit of water.

The rooms were interesting, I had a chance to look at 3 rooms as I was travelling with a large party.

one party was in the Main suite of the hotel the biggest room they had.

it was 2 open plan rooms which they put 4 single beds in, but you could divide it with a big red velvet curtain going down the middle.

However I did not like the lighting or dressing area of this room it was that awful neon lighting.

Our room was a classic look but had a nice white tiled and well lit bathroom. The room and bathroom was very clean at the start and continued to be after the cleaner visited. You may find this comment odd, but not all cleaners do a good job in the bathrooms.

The down side was the view at he back hardly any view really. But because this was a City break it did not matter too much. The room had a Safe and also a working English channel TV. I need Sky news wherever I go. I know that is sad but thats me.

Breakfast was, I am afraid poor and not the standard expected of a 4 star. bread was only a choice of white very tiny sliced whole processed bread no option for brown. Croissants not great and as for choice, not really there, jams honey and marmalade. processed cheddar looking type cheese.

Poor choice of hot, just scrambled eggs and frankfurter sausage.

Lighting in main dining area again could be better.

Outside garden where we had a pot of tea was clean tidy quiet and I must admit pleasant to sit in, it was enclosed area.

The staff at the front counter were a mixture of people that were helpful and some that thought it was too much trouble so I would say average.

However I would recommend it and I would consider staying again as I do believe the pros out weigh the cons. if this comment helps please give me a tick

Room Tip: Ask for the back rooms should you want it quiet
3 Thank DuquesaLondon
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good location, buses to everywhere in Rome just outside the entrance. Standard rooms were spacious, same goes for the bathroom. Our room facing the backyard was quite and nice. Very good internet access. Breakfast was really good, lots of different choices. Glutenfree bread was no problem, just had to ask for it.

1 Thank LISE54