“Pleasant friendly hotel”

Ranked #337 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
UK
“Pleasant friendly hotel”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel from 8th to 12th August and found the hotel to be friendly and welcoming. We stayed in room 120 which was relatively large and kept very clean and tidy and was more than adequate for our trip which we purchased through BA. It was about a 15 minute walk to the Trevi fountain and generally was in a good location and quiet even though we had a room on the front of the hotel. Breakfast was varied and plentiful and the bar was very relaxing in the evening. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our time here which was value for money for this quaint hotel with character and we would stay again.

1 Thank Robert1104

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Good little hotel - nice friendly staff, easy to get to centre, decor is old fashioned but I kind of like that - a bit of character. Got a good deal when booked with my BA flight. I go to Rome quite reguarly so I would use again for the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SDe2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I have have just returned from a 20th wedding anniversary trip to Rome and we had the pleasure of staying in Hotel Oxford. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and our room was more than adequate with an excellent shower. It was approx 15 minute walk to the centre of Rome and there were plenty of quality restaurants within 2 or 3 minutes walk from the Hotel. We would be very happy to return to this hotel one day.

1 Thank edolhausen
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Oxford Hotel from 5 - 8th aug inc and were more than happy with our accommodation and facilities. We booked a superior room,and although still smaller than we expected was well decorated and fresh. the bed was comfortable,with fresh linen daily,air-con worked well,which was needed in 35+ degree heat. The room had a small bathroom,with great power shower,and little extras such as shaving foam,razor etc were also provided. The room also had a great fridge/minibar,containing soft drinks and snacks. The hotel best asset though,is its staff,big Hi to Ivan,Anna and the team,who looked after us so well,even over a short space of time they were the friendliest bunch,thank you all, from Deb and Bob

1 Thank debsta2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have just returned from a 4 night stay at Hotel Oxford with my small grandson and would recommend it to anyone wishing to find a well situated and overall excellent hotel in Rome (I booked via British Airways). Our room and bathroom were perfect, the bar provided high standard but very reasonable food and drink and the staff are superb. I especially enjoyed being able to practice my Italian with one of the guys on reception - grazie mille!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pauline Y
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Oxford for 3 nights from July 30th to August 2nd 2013,I booked a superior room through British Airways.The room was very spacious with plenty of storage a large double bed and a huge bathroom.The hotel is about 10 minutes stroll from the Barberini Plaza where there is a metro station.The Via Veneta is at the end of the Via Boncompagni and has lots of nice resturaunts and shops on it.The best way to explore Rome is by walking,we found this very safe by day or night,just don't forget your free map!!! Rome is a lovely City just a pity the alcohol is so expensive!!

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are much bigger,worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nigel C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Oxford from July 15th - July 18th. I found the staff to be wonderful. They were very hospitable and friendly. Several times they made calls for me to assist me with tours that I had previously booked. The staff, from the bar service to the front desk, seemed very happy and pleased to help in anyway they could.
The hotel is in a great location and not very far from some attractions, such as the Spanish Steps. I enjoy walking so I explored a lot. The breakfast is very nice and there is a nice variety to choose from.
The only problem I had was that the air conditioning was not very cold in my room. The weather was very hot when I stayed there and it took awhile for me to cool down when I got back to my room. I didn't complain because I was able to sleep at night comfortably after all. I talked to some other guests and they said their room was really cold so I just figured the hotel is an older hotel and my room's AC may need to be replaced. If it was unbearable I would have asked for another room. I stayed in room 118. It did look older but it was clean, functioning and I like older hotels in Europe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo