Hotel Artemide
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$649
$321
$303
Travelocity
7,215 results
All reviewsthe free mini barrooftop restaurantvia nazionalehoneymoon suiterestocked dailybruschettawithin walking distanceexcellent hoteltrevi fountaincomplimentary bottle of winewelcome drinkpastriesbreakfast buffetspanish stepsbusy streetwould highly recommend this hoteltrain station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We spent the last week in December at this charming hotel and were delighted with it. The location was excellent and we walked all over Rome or to the Republica Metro which was just a stone's throw away. It felt safe and the staff were extremely helpful. The rooms were very clean and maintained that way all through our stay with thoughtful little touches.

We were charmed when the staff left an unexpected bottle of sparkling wine and some traditional panattoni to celebrate New Year's eve.

It is truly one of the best European hotels that we have stayed at and we recommend it to other travellers as well.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Artemide as an ‘escape’ from a very poor hotel. So we walked down ‘Via Nazionale’ and this hotel looked the nicest, it was a 4 star so yes you expect more. But I’m happy to say that it didn’t disappoint. The stay was great & the rooms very nice.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RCHLN
Reviewed January 14, 2009

been around europe for past 2 weeks. best hotel overall for the whole trip. very close to roma termini train station, and we walked to all the local attractions. bed was the most comfortable (would buy one for personal home use if i could), awesome service, great breakfast...free mini bar!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I just finished a five night trip to Italy with my girlfriend. We started in Venice for two nights followed by three nights in Rome. I started looking for places to stay 2 months before our trip and after a long decision process decided on the Hotel Artemide based on plenty of favorable reviews, a pretty good rate, and photos that made the hotel look really nice. However, after a fantastic stay in Venice at the Hotel Bucintoro (see my review), coupled with high expectations I was a bit disappointed.

I booked directly through the website for their rate which didn't include breakfast but was essentially the same otherwise as a standard room rate. Breakfast cost 14 euros per person per day, so over a 3 day stay we saved nearly 80 Euros. Our rate was 108 Euro per night.

For starters, the location of the hotel is one of its best attributes. It is literally a 1-2 minute walk to the Republica Metro station and only about an 8 minute walk to Termini. This made it easy to quickly get to many of the city's sights. We could have walked to many places easily, but with temperatures being in the upper 40s felt we might as well use our 3 day unlimited use metro pass (which came with the Roma pass and I definitely recommend buying it).
Being on Via Nazionale was good for reasons mentioned above, but also there were quite a few restaurants nearby if you knew where to look. Gallina Bianca and Quadrifoglio were two that we went to based on Eyewitness Rome recommendations and we weren't disappointed. Both were within a 5-10 minute walk. However, as discussed next the street presented some problems.

Upon arrival we were given room 104. I had read in several reviews about the noise levels from the street being high, but decided I would see for myself how bad it was. Upon entering our room I noticed that street noise was very loud and I could easily hear traffic and pedestrian noise. Figuring it wouldn't be too bad at night I decided not to ask to switch rooms quite yet. This was a mistake as the first night resulted in constant tossing and turning and little quality sleep. There was just enough noise from the occasional cars to keep me awake. Also it seemed as if the windows were super thin and did not close properly. The next morning I asked if we could move to a room in the back of the hotel and was told by a helpful Alessandro at the front desk that this wasn't a problem. We packed our things and they moved us to room 107 on the back of the hotel. Upon returning in the afternoon to the new room the lack of noise was immediately clear! The room was extremely quiet which made the next two nights sleep better. Unfortuntely the room felt quite hot (the thermostat said 24-25 degrees). I had to frequently open the window to let cool air in but couldn't do so for too long due to seeing a mosquito or two enter at night. So for no noise I got a room that was much too warm.

Aside from that the room was nice although not as large as pictures led me to believe. But it was sufficient. The bathroom had good soaps and shampoo. The shower in our first room leaked tons of water onto the floor but this didn't really occur in the second room. My girlfriend like some previous reviewers noticed that the hair dryer was merely blowing cool air. The complimentary minibar was a nice benefit to grab a snack or drink from after a day of sightseeing.

As far as hotel ammenities go it was nice to get a free glass of sparkling wine at checkin from the bar. I glanced at the menu and was shocked to see such high drink prices though. Also while it was nice to receive 15 minutes free per day of internet access, after having essentially unlimited access at the hotel in Venice, it was annoying to feel rushed to check news and take care of travel logistics. You could pay 12 euro for unlimited use for your stay which is however a pretty good value. Also as others mentioned the only English channel was CNN, and while you're not there to watch TV after 5 days of nonstop sightseeing we wanted to relax one afternoon. There was a good deal for 24 hour access to movies and webtv though which we used.

As mentioned already the staff were very professional, helpful, and fluent in English. They also booked a private car to take us to the airport early in the morning on our final day which cost 40 euro and sure beat the hassle by metro/bus to Ciampino airport.

All in all, my opinion on Hotel Artemide is really mixed. Perhaps my opinions were skewed by the exceptional Venice hotel, but the issues such as street noise, a warm room, and the flooding shower marred my stay. However, the hotels superb location, the professional staff, and the overall niceness of the room made up for these problems. I'd like to think that we just had an unlucky experience and other rooms don't have such a problem with noise/heat as evident by the overwhelming positive reviews. If returning to Rome I'd probably be willing to give the hotel another try as it was quite hard to find a nice hotel at a reasonable price. Hope you found my review helpful and enjoy your trip in Rome as its truly a one of a kind city!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MDuser12
Reviewed January 7, 2009

Very helpfull staff, well located, near of termini station and Reppublicca Station !
Very cosy room and fantastic breakfast

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple