Hotel Artemide
$178
$165
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$146
$69
  • Free Internet
7,248 results
All reviewsthe free mini barrooftop restaurantvia nazionalehoneymoon suiterestocked dailybruschettawithin walking distanceexcellent hoteltrevi fountaincomplimentary bottle of winewelcome drinkpastriesbreakfast buffetspanish stepsbusy streetwould highly recommend this hoteltrain station
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our party of six rented three rooms upon our return to Rome for one night at the end of our trip. The hotel was only E6 per taxi from the Termini train station. Although we had enjoyed staying on the other side of Rome at the beginning of our vacation, Artimede seemed to be well-located for touring Rome. The staff was most helpful. One of our rooms was upgraded from classic to superior. This room was quite large. All of the rooms were clean and comfortable. Thoughtfully, the desk clerk selected three rooms on the same floor and made arrangements for an airport limo. The limo cost was E70, quite reasonable for six people. The hotel's complimentary breakfast buffet was excellent, and the dining room was attractive. We also enjoyed complimentary drinks on the rooftop bar and from the mini-bars in the room. Before our departure, we used the business center to checkin and print boarding passes for our flight. If you prefer a full-service hotel, as we did, Artimede is a great choice.

Room Tip: We emailed the hotel directly rather than booking through the website. They responded quickly and met all of our requests.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We (2 families) were going to Rome to stay for 2 nights prior to Mediterranean cruise. I studied and searched trip advisor and web sites to find an affordable and comfortable hotel. Finally settled on the Artemide after reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor. BOth families reserved rooms. I picked this hotel, I felt responsible.
Arrived at the hotel around 1pm and were immediately welcomed and allowed to access our room early. This was a blessing , after almost a full day of travel. The reception person told me that he gave me an "upgrade", and to be sure to take advantage of the free breakfast in the morning. My sister and her family were also given an "upgrade" and told the same thing about the breakfast. We checked in at the exact same time.
Don;t know what the "upgrade" was. Very small room, but more than adequate. As others have stated, there is no where to put your luggage, very small closet. We did have a nice , large, immaculately clean bathroom, with all the nice soaps and shampoos. Also, it was nice to have the minibar, with the free water and cookies and snacks. Only two pillows on the bed.....very flat pillows, not very comfortable. We were in the front of the hotel, facing the street, but I found it to be very quiet with the doors closed. The street noise did not bother us at all.
The hotel is in a wonderful location, within walking distance to many of the sights. It is a block or two from the subway (be very careful of the pickpockets), so it was easy to get to the Vatican. We were able to walk to the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain and to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
The rooftop bar was an oasis in this very hectic city. We relaxed both nights there after long days of walking. Very kind waitstaff, though very slow. They do not rush you!
NOw, for my problem. We went to breakfast the first morning, my sister and her family were eating there, and my husband and I were told that we did not qualify for the free breakfast because we were given an "upgrade". My sister, (who checked in at the exact same time) , WAS given the breakfast. I went to the front desk, and the man at the desk was extremely haughty and told me that I had the "upgrade" and would not get the breakfast. I told him that I did not ask for the upgrade, and why was I told to take advantage of the free breakfast? I asked why my sister did not have this problem and he did not have a satisfactory answer. He told me to go back upstairs and get my papers to prove that I would have the breakfast. We were not even given papers when we checked in, just our room key! He held up a paper and mocked me. He left, came back and said that they would give me the breakfast for that morning only. I told him that that was unacceptable, that I was promised free breakfasts with my stay, and I wanted it for both days. He would not relent, and I asked for the manager, who graciously came out and approved the 2 days worth of breakfasts. It certainly took the pleasure out of the lovely breakfast. My son had been in Rome and met us there for breakfast, and the maitre d graciously did not charge us for his meal when we told him that my son was not staying at the hotel.
The "upgrade" fiasco may seem like a small deal, but I felt somewhat conned, and felt that I was being difficult for standing my ground. I hate confrontation, and this marred our whole stay. The Armetide would be a perfectly lovely hotel, which has much to offer, but because of this, I don;t know if I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Be careful if they offer you an "upgrade".
3  Thank delawareseven
RomeGR, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Artemide, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your stay, especially so that we can finally clear some of the details up and erase any bad feelings that you may still be harboring.

First off, we are glad that apart from the small episode that we will be addressing more in depth, that the five of you were able to enjoy your 2 day stay here in Rome before going on your cruise. It is nice that you appreciated even the fact that we were able to have both rooms ready for your arrival. Usually check-in as is 2 and in your case you were all able to go up as soon as you arrived and start your stay off on the right foot. We are glad that you found the hotel location and cleaning more than satisfactory.

However, as told to us by the Receptionists on staff at the time of check-in, there seems to have been a misunderstanding upon arrival. The hotel had been able to give both of your reservations an upgrade into larger rooms than the ones originally booked. In the case of your sister and her family, the Triple Classic was upgraded to an available Family room and your Economy Double room was upgraded into a Classic Double room. This was purely a question of space. And believe it or not, the Economy room is smaller than the one that you found “very small” being a much-requested Classic Double with a balcony on Via Nazionale. As already mentioned in most of the other reviews, the size is to be expected as European sizes are more conservative than their North American cousins.

Upon check-in, your sister had asked one of our Receptionists if the room included breakfast. It was taken to mean her room, and so he answered in the positive as the Triple Classic does include the breakfast. He was not to know that you had understood that it was included for both rooms, thinking that you knew that the Economy was without the breakfast. The Economy room, as clearly stated at the time of booking has a lower price as it is a slightly smaller room than the Classic and does not include breakfast. When the upgrade was given, perhaps we should have clarified that it was just for the one room, and that the upgrades were purely for the room types, but were not to know that you were confused about this. We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Then the next day when you came to breakfast and the manager said it was not included in your room type, the Receptionists on staff explained that you came to the desk and started yelling about the unfairness of it all. We can only accept their word for this, but whether this was the case or not, one of our Receptionists perhaps felt a bit under attack and responded in kind. We are sorry that his demeanor offended you, but it seems as well that there are discrepancies between when his account and yours here on Triple Advisor. When the guests suggested showing him the papers where it says your breakfast was included, it was not in reference to a sort of coupon that is given out at the check-in as you say you only received a key (we do not even do these coupons). He was referring to a copy of your reservation, where it says that you had booked an Economy without breakfast. We hesitate to believe that he was mocking you, perhaps in the charged atmosphere things were blown out of proportion. However, the paper he held up was our copy of your reservation saying that you had no breakfast. We do not wish to press this point, but it is important to understand that our hotel is professional and do not go around conning our guests, sometimes contrary to foreign expectations of Italians.

In your opening paragraph, you mention that you chose our hotel and felt responsible for the success of the family to stay here. But really the responsible thing to have done would have been to understood what you had been booked; that is a Triple room that included breakfast and a Double that did not.

In the end, we are glad that you were pleased with our Front Office Manager offering his excuses for any misunderstanding and suffering this episode may have caused you and accepted our offer of complimentary breakfast for the 2 days you were here so that you could join your sister.

And just to clarify the point of your son, the day he came to visit you, his meal was duly charged to the room and the receipt was signed by his parents for his “extra” breakfast. This was then put on the bill and duly paid at the time of check-out on the 13th without a fuss. It is with a bit of confusion that in your account we read that the maitre d’ offered the breakfast on the house - though a touching gesture.

If this is the only reason that you would not return to our hotel, we hope that is not clear that it was all a misunderstanding and a mix-up but was resolved in a fair and generous manner by our head of staff. We hope to have your presence back with us under less-dramatic circumstances.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Artemide Hotel and have all good things to say. The staff was very helpful, always polite. Our room was spotless, well stocked and comfortable. We were able to walk to most sights, even in the heat of late July. Breakfast was absolutely amazing!! They even delivered us a small breakfast on the morning that we had to check out at 5am (breakfast doesn't start until 7am) - it was nice to not go to the airport hungry! Highly recommend Artemide!

1  Thank rtpac
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is well located - nearly all major attractions are within walking distance (except Vatican city) and Repubblica metro station is just 5 min walk. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast, wi-fi and mini-bar brought a lot of convenience to our trip. However, the room is a bit small and old and the pillow is not that comfortable. Just on a side note, I found nothing spectacular about the rooftop restaurant/bar. All in all we would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel was located in central Rome. It had an excellent staff and had junior suites available for families. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The rooftop bar/restaurant was awesome. You could sit indoors or alfresco. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.