“Can't wait to visit again!”
Review of Hotel Artemide

Hotel Artemide
Ranked #7 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hotel:
The check in staff at Hotel Artemide was friendly, funny, and personable. Unfortunately our room wasn't ready but we only had about a 2 hour wait. The staff offered us breakfast or coffee but we were prepared for not being able to check in and were ready to head out into Rome. When we got back to Hotel Artemide we were fully checked in and given room 115. We were also given two vouchers for Prosecco, a 20% off voucher for dinner, and a bottle of Chianti with glasses and peanuts was sent to our room. Off to a great start!

Hotel Tip: The hotel staff received my email (and promptly emailed me back) about my dairy allergy, had it noted in the reservation, and already informed the breakfast staff about it.

Room
115 is the perfect Deluxe Superior Room. You enter the room into a long hallway with a closet, shelves, table, mini fridge, and a coffee/tea area. The bathroom is large with shower / tub, sink, bidet, and toilet. The bedroom has a large bed, two end tables, a chaise, desk with chair, and a flat screen tv. The added bonus were two doors leading to a small personal courtyard (no view and no privacy but still very nice to have). The room can get very loud from the courtyard and the breakfast area of the hotel (you are above it). So if you are a light sleeper this may not be the best room. With that said I still highly recommend this room and would stay here again.

The housekeeping staff did an excellent job of our room. One day our room wasn’t finished and it was around 3:30 in the afternoon but we tend to go with the flow so we went up to the roof for a drink. Another day we accidentally left the do not disturb sign on the door. The maids didn’t clean our room but did have the concierge leave us a letter under our door letting us know the situation and if we wanted to have the room cleaned just to give them a call. Excellent customer service!

Breakfast
The breakfast staff is friendly and helpful but Lorca was the absolute best!! Right away my dairy allergy was recognized and I was told that the eggs in the buffet have milk but the restaurant would make me eggs any way I like. I was also told that I can have Soy milk for coffee, tea, or cereal. The buffet offered:
Rolls and bread, toast, and pastries
Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and beans
Yogurt, fruit
Cereals, pancakes
Fruit juices
Coffees and Teas
Fresh Ricotta

Concierge
Several days we asked for help with reservations and this was always met with a smile and ended with confirmation. We also asked for a cab to be called a couple times and the cab always arrived within minutes.

I really can’t say enough good things about Hotel Artemide or about our experience I highly recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay here again!

2  Thank WanderlustHrts

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I followed the advices of my tripadvisor's friends and booked this nice hotel. My room was small, but confortable. The location is awesome. Two minutes from Reppublica station (line A) and really close to Fontana di Trevi and Coliseum. Vaticano is just frew stations away from Reppublica... realy easy to go. The Via Nazionale, where the hotel is, is really great also, with plenty to do. My only concern was the bathroom. The shower area is really, really small and almost claustrophobic to my taste. Next time, I'd definitely book the same hotel, but a larger room. The free mini bar, which is renewed everyday, is a plus and it includes BEER! To free cans a day of a nice Nastro Azzurro!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger shower area... the small one is not quite good - I told you!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

What a pleasurable stay! Location was key for this trip and the Armetide was the perfect choice. Convenient walking distance to historical sites. Close metro ride away to others. Our location made it easy to get around and near by restaurants and shops made the trip more fun. The Armetide is clean, remodeled, nice size room with big bath. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I was sorry our stay was only two days but will definitely book this hotel again when I return to Rome!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank WorldTraveler1915
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our third stay at the Artemide and as excellent as the previous times. Just ten minutes walk from Termini station but right on Via Nazionale. The room was spotless and cosy during acold spell of weather. As before the staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. A great place to stay, we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rome

2  Thank jstanton8869
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in a twin room overlooking Via Nazionale.It was a nice size with a lovely bathroom, with free tea & coffee, biscuits, chocolates and mini bar all replenished daily. Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice on offer. Roof top restaurant was superb with views over the City. All staff were the most helpful and friendliest we have come across. The hotel was spotlessly clean throughout.We walked to all the major sites including the Vatican City approx 40 mins. After long days out and about in historical Rome the Artemide was a wonderful hotel to come back to.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked Via Nazionale. Yes it was on a busy road, but this only added to the ambiance of...
2  Thank mark p
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel in Rome. The rooms are spacious, convenient, clean, quit, and comfortable. The free mini bar and free breakfast were great considering how expensive things can be in Europe. This is also a well priced hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful, they even helped book discount train tickets for us to Pompeii. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to room, especially for vacation!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jlparker0122
Reviewed December 6, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! Yes, it is on a very busy street, and our room, 201, looked directly over Via Nazionale. But what little street noise came into the room was not annoying; it was the bustling life of a great city welcoming two weary travelers. The room itself was spacious, comfortable and sparkling clean. The staff... how can I say this? I thank them all for their kindness and warmth. They are amazing. The breakfast buffet has an impressive variety of choices, all delicious. Another reviewer mentioned nearby reasonably priced restaurants. I know, from a previous stay, that there are some real gems in the neighborhood. But after discovering Ambrosia, the hotel's new rooftop restaurant, we never made it back to any of them. But that will have to be another review.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple