“When in Rome and you fancy Chinese”
Review of China Garden

China Garden
Ranked #4,041 of 12,764 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated right next door to Trilussa Palace Hotel in Trastevere area of Rome.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good relaxed place, mixture of Japanese and Chinese cuisine, we had an enjoyable but not exciting meal and a couple of beers. Good price, reasonably authentic, decent chilli oil and cheap beer.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a few small plates (vegetarian mostly) and we were satisfied with the dishes and we thought the prices were fantastic.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Having read some negative reviews it doesn't surprise me that the people who gave this place bad reviews don't actually appear to live in Rome! There are NO great Chinese restaurants here. Full stop. So if you are comparing it to the standards of Chinese food in your country, then it's probably not great. But trust me. It's the best Chinese food I've eaten here in 3 years. And they deliver. This is almost unheard of here. Try their dumplings, chicken in black bean and veg noodles.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate dinner there as it was next door to our hotel and convenient for us. They advertise sushi as well as Chinese food. My wife wanted a particular sushi dish on the menu but she was told "no". So we both had Chinese food - I went for sweet & sour chicken and my wife had fried chicken. The positives first - the tea was fine, and so was my bottled beer.
Unfortunately when the food arrived it was not good. The sweet and sour chicken consisted of deep fried formed chicken balls in batter, with a very basic sauce (a couple of thin slivers of red pepper in the liquid). No rice offered during the taking of our order and none arrived with the dish either. The chicken pieces tasted very greasy and as if the oil had been used a few times before. The fried chicken arrived, and it was the same story as for my dish, minus sauce of any kind. We ordered a side dish of rice, and my wife made it palatable by mixing it with some condiment sauce. We didn't hang around for dessert so can't comment in that regard.
Overall, not happy with the food and won't be eating there again, no matter how convenient.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

While in Italy, you ecpect to est Italian food, but this was a good change of pace! Be sure you try the stuffed coconut for dessert!!