“Brilliant food, service needs work”

Metamorfosi Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 12,684 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Parioli
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Six of us ate at the restaurant and every dish was amazing and so beautifully presented. The tuna apatizer wrapped Ina leaf was a true creation. Our one criticism would be the wine stewart. We switched white wines after one bottle and when he poured the second bottle he removed the wine glass that still had the first wine in them and took them away.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable meal out at a very reasonable price (considering we were British, paying in euros and the restaurant had a Michelin Star). The food was great - I had the Carbonara Egg 65 degrees to start, the Squab pigeon with a delicious fois gras "fig" and the white chocolate, caramelised banana and Armagnac jelly. There was a very wide choice of wine at all prices - something I found a lot in Rome, and very welcome - and the service was very good. My wife is a Vegetarian and the waitress came to check various things about the dishes she'd ordered, preventing her from eating something cooked in Chicken Stock! We were well looked after at Metamorfosi.

1  Thank danliszt
Reviewed March 26, 2013

As a well travelled tourist, always looking to sample some of the best restaurants, in many places around the world we decided to try this Michelin star restaurant. The atmosphere was ok but rather clinical, the food was very good, but the service was terrible. When you're in a Michelin star establishment, paying top dollar, you expect top class service. One waiter, a very large guy had no interest at all, didn't even explain what was being served, we had to call him over to ask, terrible! His entire attitude was " do I have to" and if I was the chef I'd probably have to do something about him. On a positive note, the macaroni is divine. On review my wife and myself preferred the homely traitoria we found at a fraction of the cost!

1  Thank PaulandSarah6364
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've spent some days in the beautiful city of Roma. I heard so many good things about this restaurant that i wanted to try it by myself. Firstly, the place is great, really. Everything is designed with taste and any detail have been studied. The service is very pleasant, the staff take care of you like nowhere else. The best moment begin with the first dish. The chef is able to surprise you before the first dish served! All the products are respected and carefully cooked to save their best taste. This meal will stay one of my bests abroad, and i will highly recommand this restaurant to all my friends.

1  Thank Cookeduck
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A recent meal at Metamorfosi more then matched our expectations. The dishes were as described in previous reviews, with the standout being the 65degree egg- an very modern interpretation of a traditional,carbonara. This was expensive at 100E per head for the 9 course tasting menu, plus an excellent bottle of wine as recommended by the sommelier, but it was a dining extravaganza that justified the price. A minor complaint was perhaps that the courses were served too quickly, but I guess there was a lot to get through.....

1  Thank ScoutGoldCoast