“Travel agent loves RDT”

and up
Rome Sightseeing Tour with Private Driver
Ranked #24 of 277 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy Italian hospitality with a local professional driver/guide.Learn the secrets of Rome and Florence and of Italy explore the sites accompanied with a local expert.Feel confident . Ask us for a quote.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had myself and 9 of my clients use Rome Driving tours for 3 cruise stops in Italy and they were great. Their drivers were friendly, punctual, and always willing to adapt to our changing schedule and desires. They were very informative and showed us the best that Italy had to offer. I will be using them for all my future clients trips.

All reviews
"day tour"
in 33 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 29 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 21 reviews
in 77 reviews
"sites"
in 94 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you are looking do book a tour in Rome or Florence, Rome Driving Tours is the outfit to book. After doing much research online I emailed several companies. We were a group of 5 arriving on a cruise ship in both Livorno (Florence) and Civitavecchia (Rome). Rome Driving Tours both emailed me and made a personal call. This was a great touch. Booking a tour online can be a nerve wracking experience and after speaking and communicating with them I had 100% trust and I was not disappointed. Luca, Manny and the rest of the team were truly extraordinary!
Manny met us in Livorno (Florence) and was waiting for us when we got off the ship. The van was clean and big and Manny’s English is superb. We discussed tour options and proceeded to visit Pisa and then Florence. Manny was very knowledgeable and personable and we saw everything we wanted to see. Manny made a great restaurant reservation and we were able to get a great lunch in a non-tourist restaurant.
When we arrived in Civitavecchia (Rome), Luca met us at the pier. As we drove into Rome we discussed tour options and settled on an itinerary. The more we spoke to Luca we realized that we should have booked a guide for the Vatican. Luca reached out to his organization and was able to get us his director of tour guides, who does not usually do tours. Luca proceeded to lead us around Rome and he is just a spectacular operator. He has a passion for what he does and it comes out. He was also a great “inside” source of what life is really like in Italy. After 8 hours we felt like we had known Luca all of our lives. Oh… by the way, another terrific restaurant. Thanks Luca – you know what I’m talking about!! After we hit the major sites in Rome it was time to visit the Vatican. We met the guide (they are specially licensed in Italy) and proceeded through the Vatican. My wife and I had been there before but I have to tell you, it was like we had never been there. The guide (I wish I remembered his name!) was astounding. He was so knowledgeable and so helpful and personable. Again, there was so much passion for the church and history. It was amazing! After a long, wonderful and totally exhausting day Luca drove us back to the ship and we all slept in comfort the whole way.
Amazingly, this was not the end of the story…. When I returned to my ship I realized I had lost my wedding ring. I emailed Luca and his office staff (Elena) to ask if they could check the van. The next day they emailed me that they had found my ring. I was soooo happy!! For the next few months we emailed back and forth trying to figure out ways to have them mail my ring back to me. It turns out the shipping precious objects from Italy to the USA is quite a challenge. After a couple of months of consistent communication and tons of effort by Elena we realized that Luca would be in the US only a few hours from me for a trade show. Well, last night I drove to Atlantic City from Long Island and met Luca and now I have my ring!!! I offered Luca some money as a thank you and he absolutely refused to take it. True class!! Luca and company… you have a friend for life in the USA!!!

Don’t think twice. RomeDrivingTours is the best!!!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This past September, my brother and I booked an eight hour tour of Rome. We wanted to immerse ourselves in the Italian culture and history and 'Rome Driving Tour's' was the perfect solution. 'Luca' picked us up (on time) at our hotel and proceeded to give us the most comprehensive and FUN tour we could have booked. I highly recommend this company for all your Italian adventures!

1  Thank Robin32051
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This past August, my 17-year old son, a friend, and I spent a few days in Rome. We hired Rome Driving Tours for a day trip to the Amalfi Coast (Sorrento and Positano) and for a second day for a tour of Rome. Both were fantastic. Both drivers/guides were friendly, interesting, knowledgeable, and accomodating. They brought us to a wonderful restaurant in Positano - Constantino's -- which wasn't fancy, but served the best food we had our entire trip and was very reasonably priced. For the day tour of Rome, the guide managed to shuttle us all over town and show us everything we asked to see and more. Dealing with the office to make the arrangements was easy and a pleasure. I would highly recommend them.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I and another couple just returned from a 12 day cruise on Celebrity Solstice. We used the company Rome Driving Tours for our private day excursion of ancient Rome and the Vatican. We were very fortunate to have Manuel (Manny) for our driver. He met us as soon as we got off the ship at 8:00am.holding up a sign with my name on it. Manny was extremely knowledgeable, courteous, and very professional. The vehicle was very comfortable for all four of us. He would tell us much info about each area where we were going and what we would be seeing and got us very close and would allow us enough time to walk a little, explore, and take plenty of pictures. He would be waiting for us at a designated spot when we finished each area of exploration. Manny is one of the owners of the company. He made reservations for lunch in a very classy restaurant. I wish I could remember the name.
Manny contacted our Vatican guide, met her right across the street from the Vatican museums, and we got right in without any wait. Manny made it possible for a fantastic day. He was a real gentleman and spoke very fluent English. Thanks Manny

Been to Rome Driving Tours? Share your experiences!