“Rome tours” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Rome for First-Timers Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port
Ranked #24 of 756 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy Italian hospitality with a local professional driver/guide.Learn the secrets of Rome and Florence and of Italy explore the sites accompanied with a local expert.Feel confident . Ask us for a quote.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Washington, DC
“Rome tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Recently my wife and I took my 85 yr old Dad and Mom to Italy for the first time. My dad has a difficult time walking so I needed to find a couple tours that worked for him. Luca from Rome Driving Tours was extremely helpful in setting up a driving tour of Rome and a Vatican tour that took into account our situation. We were all completely enraptured by the knowledge and insights of the guides. Our Vatican guide loved art and I think knew everything there was to know about every item in the museums. He made it so exciting and inspiring and was so patient and kind to my parents. I have been on many tours in the past and often the guides seemed bored. But not so with these tours. I checked for a long time to find the right company to help me and this is the one I chose based upon previous reviews. I was not disappointed. These tours were worth every penny and I will definitely use Rome Driving Tours again when back in Italy (which I'm sure will happen soon since I threw a coin into the Trevi fountain).

Visited May 2012

• Korean first
Bayside, New York
“"Our best trip ever"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

My family and I were visiting Italy during the Easter break. We only had a few days to spend and wanted to see as much as possible. My friend recommended Rome Driving Tours. It was the best advice! We spent two days in Rome and did two different tours. Each day we had a different tour guide and they were very personable. They were so accommodating to our needs. We needed to make a few changes to their recommended itinerary and they did so while making us as comfortable as possible. They were very punctual after each stop and quite knowledgeable of the city. I have been to Rome a few times and saw things with Rome Driving Tours that I never knew about or saw on prior trips. This was the best trip ever!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“April Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

My company had arranged a seven day trip to Italy for some sales folks from our wholesaler. These were reps that had sold a lot of our products the previous summer and earned the trip as an award. I was asked to escort the small group through Piemonte, Tuscany, and Sardinia. However, the company had made no arrangements for our last day in Rome. We had less than a day to see the sights in Rome and I decided that I'd try to find a tour guide who could pick us up at the airport and drop us off at the hotel. We wanted to see the Vatican and city sights in 7 to 8 hours. I talked to 5 different companies and chose Rome Driving Tours because they were quick to respond, their English was very good on the phone and their prices were fair (not the most expensive nor the cheapest). Everything went as I had hoped. When our little group got on the plane the next day to head back to the USA, we were reflecting on our whirlwind tour of Italy and everyone in the group said that their best day was in Rome with Paolo. So, thanks everyone at Rome Driving Tours for an excellent job and making my wholesaler reps so happy.

Exeter, PA, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hassle-free day in Rome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

My 13-year old grandson and I had the pleasure of Luca's company for a full day tour of Rome. Luca was charming and extremely knowledgeable about the City. He picked us up at our hotel ON TIME and every minute of the tour was packed with information. We were able to visit so many sites in such a short time! On our own,we never would have been able to locate, travel to and visit half of what we did with Luca in charge. Worth every penny.

2 Thank pat g
Mandeville, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour of Rome w/o Vatican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our tour guide, Luca , picked my 6 person tour group up at the port where our cruise ended and was prompt, charming, and spoke excellent English. We traveled into Rome in a clean, well kept Mercedes Van and Luca kept us entertained and informed the whole way. By the end of the tour we felt like we had known him for years.
Our tour was in early may and temperatures were 60's in the morning and low 80's midday. We were very comfortable in jeans, t-shirts or pullovers, and sandals & tennis shoes.Luca knew just where to go and in which order to see things in order to maximize our sites and avoid the crowds.His company is set up to get you there quick but not feel rushed (we walked right past the considerably long lines in the collosium for example).The whole tour took about 7 hours.
Luca was extremely personable and very knowledgeable about each place we visited. It was so worth the money because doing this on our own would have taken a couple of days and we still wouldn't have seen everything Luca showed us. Also, we wouldn't have learned things that I feel quite sure would have been absent from other tours
All things considered , Rome Driving Tours was an incredible experience that I and my group will never forget. Luca , my friend, I salute you and your company for a job well done! Ciao for now.

Visited May 2012