“Great food, very different from the usual tourist fare.” 4 of 5 bubbles

L'Osteria di Monteverde
Ranked #634 of 12,043 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Monteverde
Sydney, Australia
“Great food, very different from the usual tourist fare.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had the degustazione tonight and it wa superb. Great food, nice friendly service. For two people including the 17 Euro wine, it was 89 Euro, well worth it.

Would definitely recommend to anyone.

I wanted to give 5 stars, but my partner thought the octopus was a bit mushy, I thought everything was spot on

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Hebrew first
Toronto
“One of our best in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a lovely dinner at Monteverde. The dishes were excellent, different from the typical tourist menu, and the service attentive. The location is out of the traditional tourist area and has a much different sensibility than a restaurant that only serves tourists. The menu is not large but the dishes are creative and well executed. Tram 8 is within easy walking distance and this osteria is well worth the trip. Reservations are highly recommended as it was packed mid-week.

• Visited September 2012
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“if you really want to taste italian magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

You will read a lot of "best place in Rome" etc etc.. Well my father's a chief in France and i know what Im talking about when it comes to food. the Osteria di Monteverde is one of the best restaurant i went to in my life, and I live in Paris, going to the restaurant almost every week end. Here its just good. Sophisticated and tasty. and not too small in your plate. The waiters are very nice and you will find a typicall roman atmosphere since its not in a touristic area. prices are more than correct, you could say its super cheap compare to what you get in your mouth.. Tasting menu is only 36 euros. and it comes with everything coffee included..

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Raphael G
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice food - friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Within walking distance from Tram 8 line which is a real plus if you don't want to take the car.
I loved the mussels and clams sauté served with cicoria.
Amatriciana and the aubergine ravioli where excellent.
Although well presented, the zucchini parmigina (Parmigiana di Zucchina Romanesca e Pecorino Tartufato) was a bit bland for my taste and the portion rather small. Next time I will try the other dishes on the menu...just looking at them made my mouth water.
The menu has some traditional Roman dishes (mainly pasta) all others are a modern twist on classic Italian ingredients.
Will definitely visit again next time.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“The best! Creative and delicious food/friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Just when you start believing you can't find good food in Rome anymore, this restaurant comes along (well, it is a year old). It is run by a crew of young, talented and dedicated friends turning out top-rate, creative food that is absolutely delicious. We were wowed by the flavors. All the foodies in Rome are writing about this place, and now I know why. And while this doesn't impact my review, I did leave my little camera behind, and they found my name on the reservation sheet, called me and I retrieved the camera so I could share my photos with you.

• Visited June 2012