Review Highlights
A Must Do!

Our host was Erika. She was awesome. So full of energy and knowledge. We all met at a wonderful... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2018
Mobile732968
Food lovers a must

Really loved every bit of this tour our guide Tommasio was great he took us to some local favourite... read more

Reviewed June 28, 2016
LouiseM613
Charlestown, Australia
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Experiencing this Rome food tour was a great template for exploring the city when you have no idea where you’re going. Simply put, Rome is too big of a city to fit into a one-day experience (if possible, stay here as long as you can!). For me personally, I found this tour to be a great introduction to the city (it’s my first time in Rome) that brings insight into the Roman diet and lifestyle. The highlight of this tour was our stop at Mercato di Campagna Amica del Circo. We had a freshly roasted pork sandwich, sampled a variety of vegetables, preserves, and finished that pit stop of with a craft beer. I personally found the transitions between each stop smooth and memorable because of the historic sites and the knowledge our tour guide passed down to us. Towards the end, we had an excellent wine and cheese pairing that was complimentary in flavors, thanks to our tour guide being a sommelier. Gelato is always a must, and to conclude the experience, our tour guide informed us about distinguishing a chemically enhanced gelateria and an organic one. Having tried a REAL gelato for the first time in my life sealed the deal for this tour. I will forever remember the organic taste of my apricot & ricotta gelato. When in Rome, I hope you do this food tour. Doing this experience established a good ambiance for may experience in Rome.

Date of experience: May 2014
3  Thank Ryan Joseph V
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We first had a tasting with Hande and then a food tour. Although this was our fourth trip to Rome, she managed to show us a complete neighborhood we had not seen before. It was very residential and going through its market and various artisanal shops with Hande was a delight. She explained lots of vegetables and how they are used in Rome, we tasted maný different things. We will never forget the pizzas we had with her at Pizzarium and and the forno, and the gelato has a special place in our hearts, too. We can not wait to go back to Rome and see another part of it with Hande. This was not only delicious but also very informative, and Hande has a great personality and anecdotes from all areas of life in Rome. Don´t miss!

Date of experience: April 2014
2  Thank Alec W
Reviewed November 21, 2013

For four women who take their food seriously, our tour with Hande really put our trip over the top. I can't say enough good things about her knowledge of the Roman food scene and her generous willingness to share. We had a private tour of Prati and Trionfale, meeting at Pizzarium and then grazing our way through the neighborhoods. We tasted pizzas, cheeses, salumis, savory gelatos, and toured the local farmers' market before sitting down to lunch at Romeo. Hande couldn't have been more gracious as she fielded questions from us on everything from wine and food to local Roman life. We so enjoyed everything about this tour, from the less touristed neighborhood to the many insights that added much more depth to our trip than could be gleaned from any guidebook or blog post. And did I mention how incredible the food was? Thank you Hande. We hope to see you one day in Vermont!

Date of experience: November 2013
1  Thank MOF3
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The tourist hordes can be overwhelming in Rome. Here's your chance to explore a more "neighborhood" area, with an expert at your side! Hande managed our questions expertly and we ate so well! Different areas of the city are toured on different days, so if you can manage it I recommend going when you first arrive in Rome in an area convenient to your hotel or apartment. Then you will be set for your stay on where to shop, coffee, gelato, etc. Alas we took the tour on our last day in Rome but we just had a wonderful time. I appreciated that the maximum group size for the tour is 6 and I thought the price point was very fair especially compared to some other options out there. I look forward to returning someday soon for more food and wine with Hande!

Date of experience: October 2013
2  Thank Workerbee3
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hande was wonderful!.....very knowledgeable about the food and the culture of the region. Not only did we get a local feel for the food culture, we ate our way through the entire tour! It was some of the best food I've had! Highly recommend. You will not be disappointed. Go hungry :)

Date of experience: October 2013