Best Western Hotel Piccadilly
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
AMM Suite(Rome)
  • Room Service
All reviewssan giovannibreakfast roommagna grecialovely view of rometop floorsingle roomrecommend this hotelmini barmetro stationwelcome drinkbus stoppastriestaxi rankminute walkhamreception staffstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We use our saved -up Avios points to book 3 days in Rome prior to a cruise from there in the Eastern Med in .September 2012. The hotel was sold to us cold by an Avios adviser as 3 star, popular with other visitors with air con and on a B&B basis.

Oh dear.

Graffitti greeted us from the front of the hotel. Area of heavy traffic with shabby shops etc.
The room , internally was very clean and acceptable with quality bedding, but faced the front and a busy main road so- a poor nights sleep on night 1.
Management moved us on request to a rear facing room,the only thing available.This room was so small that my average-sized husband had to climb over the bed to reach the door and the shower was so small he could hardy get in or out of it.
There is a small breakfasting room on the top floor reached via a tiny lift-beware more than 2 people with or without suitcases!
The reception doubles as a lounge, seating no more than 3 people-No bar to have a drink and meet friends or relax after a hectic day sightseeing.. No place for a glass of wine outside in the cool of the evening I'm afraid unless you want to sit on the pavement in the traffic fumes..Very disappointing.
Staff were helpful however but for value for money a poor experience.

Room Tip: Take time to choose carefully a hotel to suit your needs and dont go on the advice of sales staff. I'll take my own advice next time!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for a great price. The rooms were spacious and modern and breakfast and free unlimited wifi was included in the price which was handy. The elevators are quite small and there are stairs up to the elevator from the front door which u need to get your bags up to, but other then that this place was great! The reception staff were also very helpful and everything was clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights and really enjoyed the room we were in. Spacious, with free wi-fi and an excellent bathroom. The hotel is located near public transport, in fact the #87 bus stops right in front of it. All staff members were very friendly and helpful and assisted immediately when we had a problem with the hot water in our bathroom. The only negative is the breakfasts. It is not very good and really not tasty. But other than that, a very good hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the main road, then you get a balcony as well.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was my second stay at the Hotel Piccadilly. I stayed last year in August and requested the same room this year upon arrival when checking in. I was pleasantly surprised to find the same front desk clerk as last year, Max, who remembered me and was more than obliged to grant my request. All of the front desk staff at the hotel, including Max, as well as Giorgio & Ernesto are very pleasant. The rooms at the hotel are very comfortable and modern and the location of the hotel is ideal. The metro station San Giovanni is about a block away and the number 87 bus is right outside the door. There is parking available just down the street and the hotel's location allows for easy access to the autostrada. The hotel also provides a delightful buffet breakfast in the morning in a bright and cheery breakfast room with a view of the city and the vatican.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an reasonable rate, nice ammenities and convenience in Rome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, location was ok, close to the metro and only 2 stops from the main train terminal and where all the hop on hop off buses are, otherwise there is not much around it.
All the staff were very accommodating and friendly but Giorgio was especially helpful when I had a small crisis with my next flight.
Our room was much better than expected for a 3 star hotel however I was told that only half the hotel is like this and they are still renovating the other rooms.
Thanks to all the staff and Giorgio for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012