Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

We were here for several days and we liked this hotel.recommend to stay here, because it is cosy place, nice breakfast and close location to all nearby famous ancient Rome place.we liked our stay in this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2016

Very nice. Friendly staff. Rooms clean, good bathroom. Some evidence of being an old building - ie wallpaper in places peeling. Good continental breakfast. Great place to stay in centre of Rome. Would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2016

Location of this hotel is just perfect.
As seen in reviews rooms could be fantastic with terrace or just as well terrible. Sorry to say we get a terrible one. Nr 2. Yes... just the number says it all. Haaard bed and funny noises allll night long. Bathroom was okay but nothing more. Wallpapers barely stayed on walls. Free wifi- thats true but if you want to print some boardingcard then you must pat another 3€. Breakfast was okay for me but my wife found it not satisfying with dry bread and no toaster.
Maybe it´s true that this is what you get for the money in Rome inside the ancient walls because look out! There is plenty of ways to get "rubbed" in Rome... Read reviews of restaurants here at tripadvisor. A beer for dinner could cost you anything from 2€ up to 12€. Really loved our stay in Rome and will get back soon... trying another hotel.

1  Thank Per S
Nadia_Plama, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Edera, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Dear guest, thanks for your review. We don't have a toaster because we offer a continental breakfast that consists in cold buffet and hot beverages. We are sorry that you wouldn't go back to our hotel, we will improve the mentioned room and hope that you will give us a second chance to show you our hospitality standard.

Reviewed November 16, 2016

it takes you only 3 minutes walking, then you'll se the Colosseo. Nice and friendly service, breakfast is very good and for this city I paid a very reasonable price.
24h reception, air condition in the room. One star deduction since a safe must be paid extra and is located next to the reception.
I suppose they can speak proper English. Well, I don't know it really: As an half-Italian I definitely talk in their mother tongue with them.
Will certainly consider this hotel for my next stay in Roma.

Room tip: Doppelzimmer/Double/Camera doppia
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed October 29, 2016

Stayed here October 2016. I had read a number of reviews that were, I thought a little harsh. I found the place to be fine given the cost. Yes it's a little tired but it was ok. I found the staff to be pleasant enough and helped you if you were polite in the first instance.
The hotel could make some simple improvements to assist new visitors to Rome. I.e. W 'welcome pack' giving details of the best means of transport to acces Rome central. That would be the buses the are available nearby and the stop locations. Also two or three local restaurants that they themselves recommend. Same for metro locations.
I'm surprised they don't have a bar, they are missing a trick there as most people would definitely have a drink after they have been walking all day. I would anyway. They could add a kettle and some beverages. They do give out maps and circled the points of interest I asked for.
The rooms were pretty clean although the decor is dated, but it's an older hotel so a little peeling wallpaper behind the TVs is not out of order. I did have a noisy first night as some type of fan was humming somewhere and it kept me awake. They offered to change the room without to much bother. That might not always be offered in busier times.
Breakfast was simple continental.
Room serviced every day. Sheets and towels fresh and clean.
Like a lot of Rome it's a bit tired and this hotel is no different.
All in all it's a fine budget hotel. It's in a good location about 5 mins from the colosseum so the site seeing is on the door step. The location is quiet as it is far enough away from the main roads. It's about a 20 walk to the termini station a little less to the nearest metro stop. Prepare yourself for the metro to be overcrowded.
I think the expectations need to be lowered a little or if not pay a little more and use one of the chain hotels. If you are doing a quite visit it's fine for the job, I wouldn't want to base a longer stay here as the lack of a bar or other facilities would not make me choose it. It's sort of what I had expected.

Room tip: Had fifth floor room. No good views I think, mainly other buildings.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Barry M
Nadia_Plama, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Edera, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Dear Barry M., thanks for such a detailes review and for your suggestions that will make us improve the service. We hope to host you again soon.