“Good for Business. great for vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Imperiale

Hotel Imperiale
Ranked #270 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Hod Hasharon, Israel
“Good for Business. great for vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at least 5 times in this hotel while in Rome for business and it suit me fine. good tooms, quiet, quick entrance clerk, breakfast was good not too fancy and the location is great for taxis (a lot of them in Piazza barberini just 100 meters down) and close enough to Fonto di Trevi and the other Roman tourist attractions

Room Tip: if you're a business man - ask for the Double room - Single occupancy so not to get the most lit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ZusDud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Imperiale, September 19 and 20. The hotel was very convenient and within walking distance of many of Rome's attractions. The Metro was just outside of the hotel and made it very convenient to get around the city. It was with walking distance of the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Villa Borghese. My husband enjoyed his morning jog thru the Villa Borghese gardens. There was plenty of shopping and many great outdoor cafes to eat at. We were greated at the front desk by very friendly and helpful staff who spoke excellent English. Our room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was excellent with something for everyone. The elevator was small - but this was part of the charm of the hotel. It had all the modern conveniences. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant (just outside of the hotel on the sidewalk) The food was delicious with generous portions. Thanks to everyone there - especially Enzo. We will definitely stay there again.
Steve & Theresa

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steve V
Hamburg, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel was in the center of Rome...walking distance to shopping, the Spanish Steps, and Trevi Fountain. The hotel staff spoke English and were very helpful. The breakfast was delicious with many food choices. I guess my only complaint was that there was only one elevator, but it didin't really pose a problem.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor with a terrace...wonderful view of Rome.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mathilda73
toms river
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Not even close to a 4 star even by European standards. The hotel is in a good location on a very nice street of cafes and very close to the Metro.The front staff did speak english and they were helpful. . That is where to pros end.
We found a yellow stained bed spread and someone elses hairs stuck in the fibers. I removed it and put it in the closet, the next day the bed spread was gone. There was mildew in the bathroom and on the celing over the bed. The breakfast was very basic, people had to wait often for the scrambled eggs to come out and when they did it was enough for about 4 people.

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel in the Villa Borghese section of Rome..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joan4444
santa monica, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Imperiale for 6 days in early September. Everything was just fine with the hotel and the staff. The breakfast is absolutely wonderful. The staff outdid themselves tracking down my husband who was "lost" when the cab driver delivered him to the incorrect address.

The only regret is that the wifi internet is extremely slow and/or non existent in some rooms. Both my husband and I are professionals and depend on a fast internet to do business when we travel.

Hotel is very centrally situated, with a Metro stop at the doorstop.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank drjoanv
Pleasanton, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Wonderful room, great beds, good breakfast. Needs a better shower door, setup, the water to drains all over the floor making it slippery. Great staff, spoke English & good location, walking distance to everywhere. Be sure to visit the church across the street. Very morbid display of bones

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Carol D
gruppoloan, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperiale, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Mrs Carol D I do thank you so much for your nice review. We always do our best to offer to all our guests a good stay with us . We appreciate you felt fine with us and all our staff is pleased to send you sincerest regards to you hoping to welcome you again in the next future . We remain at your disposal so please contact us for your next journey in Rome . Sincerely
Stefania Catozzi
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

After staying in great hotels such as Una in Venice and Bernini Palace in Florence, we arrive at Hotel Imperiale for our last stop in Rome before returning to the states. The front desk staff was rude and cold as we arrived but we were excited to finally lay down in our rooms after a long day of traveling. Although the lobby looked totally remodeled and clean, I immediately noticed how deceptive it was. We expected the upstairs to match the decor of the downstairs lobby. Boy were we disappointed! As soon as you enter the first floor it is painfully obvious how little they did to maintain the upstairs guest areas. The carpet and doors are old and badly need renovating, the ugly green carpet was full of stains and looked filthy. Our room looked like a badly run down Motel 6. The beds were just two twin mattresses stuck together with a cheap bed frame (dust underneath when you removed the cheap comforter). The thin cheap comforter was stained and very OLD. The beds had one thin sheet and the cheap stained comforter which we immediately threw aside. There were no dressers, the mirrors were filthy, the towels had hair on them, the chairs in the room were filthy with stains, the bidet had some tiny hairs as well, the hardwood floor was scratched and previous occupant footprints were still visible. There was dust everywhere and the pillows/sheets smelled of vinegar. The air conditioning was making a loud noise and when I asked about it the staff just shrugged their shoulders and said it was just an old building. Nothing to be done.
The beds were so hard i could barely fall asleep and when we did my cousin and I both woke up with terrible pains in our backs and necks. Can they invest in at least better mattresses? They offered us a different room but they were all the same. I felt bad for the other visitors we chatted with who had even smaller rooms than ours and were experiencing similar problems.

Ok so we move on to breakfast- WHAT A BIGGER DISAPPOINTMENT! The selection was minimal with the lowest quality cakes and stale bread were offered. The cereal was also stale and the coffee was some cheap version of instant nescafe that tasted sour. Plates at the breakfast area were dirty with unwashed food, and even a hair in one of the plates. I was disgusted to think that I was paying $140 per night plus a 7 euro per day internet fee to stay at this dump. I couldn't leave fast enough! I spoke with the hotel manager and the look on his face of disbelief made me even more angry. Really??? You don't agree that your rooms are in desperate need of renovation and updating?
Luckily my travel agent found me another hotel to stay at for the remainder of my trip. One night was too much for this dump! STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: AVOID THIS HOTEL! There are other hotels that may not be so centrally located but are a better place...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Neener415
gruppoloan, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Imperiale, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear "Neener415", first and foremost I do apologize for the delay in my reply . I'm so sorry about your review about your stay at the Hotel Imperiale. I double checked with my collegues about the experience you had with us and as usual i've been informed we did our best not to disappoint you and offering you our availability to change the room at the moment you arrived in. The General Manager was not in the Hotel during your stay there at the Hotel but our Front desk manager confirmed me he was not astonished but tried to help you the best he could. The Hotel as confirmed by our actual reviews, is usually well judged for kindness and I assure you that if something has gone wrong and you didn't like the classic style of the Hotel we do in anycase always care for cleanliness in all our Hotels of the group . I 'm really sorry about the negative experience you had but please be sure that we do care for all our guests so if you will decide in future to come back in our Hotels and give us a second chance you can feel free to contact me in order to offer you a pleasant stay as usually our guests confirm they have choosing the Lo.an Hotels. Sincerely Stefania