“It's more an 3 star hotel”
Review of Hotel Mondial

Hotel Mondial
Ranked #340 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Lisbon, Portugal
“It's more an 3 star hotel”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a 3 nights stay on July and don't have any major concerns, accomodations are normal, more 3 star like than 4, but clean and calm.
Location was very good, between underground station of republica and termini train station.
Breakfast buffet was a bit weak, missing some typical points like good bread.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a lovely stay during the month of May and we couldn't have asked for better service. The staff was very accommodationg, breakfast buffet was lovely and if any questions or help was needed, the front desk (especially Sima) took care of it. Rooms were cleaned daily and housekeeping was very punctual. I would recommend this hotel (and have) to anyone wanting a good location for seeing the beautiful city of Rome!

Room Tip: A room not facing the main street would be quieter. We had no noise from traffic.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Panzie27
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I immediately reported it to the front desk and went to file a report to the police. They said they had a very good insurance policy, but something tells me not to believe it. Or seeing is believing rather. I just could not believe I left them in my suitcase for a few hours and this happened. I am awaiting to see if the insurance will give me at least what I paid for them, but they are worth far more now than I paid in 2007. I have never had anything stolen so this was heartbreaking. You just can't trust anyone anymore I guess. :( I'll write an update if I EVER see any money for my loss.

Room Tip: Use the safe at all times no matter what!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristinacap

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

maryland
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am staying at the Best Western Mondial from July 4 to 8. The location is good not outstanding. About 24 hours ago we began hearing an outside alarm going off. It kept us up quite a bit last night. It was still going this morning Nd when we left the hotel this morning. We just returned to the hotel after a long day away and the Alarm is still blasting. I had previously co plaines to the front desk staff about this problem and the morning staff said they thought the alarm was coming from a shop across the street

Web I I returned to the hotel at 7 pm and heard the alarm still blasting, I complained to the front desk staff. One. Ale member of the staff asked me if I liked the sound Ad told him NO! He then asked me if I wanted him to call God to see if God could do something about the problem. I then told the front desk clerk that his remarks were impertinent and unacceptable. Neither person behind the front desk offered anything to us

Their attitude was arrogant and not service oriented. They should have asked us where our room was located and offered to give us a different room away from the alarms

Room Tip: Do not take a room overlooking Via Torino. There was a nonstop alarm going off down on the street a...
2 Thank mrunaldue
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel Mondial is located conveniently near Rome's main train station, within walking distance of many of Rome's famous landmarks, and next door to a terrific little guilty-pleasure gelato shop. The staff is just perfect for American tourists - from good language skills to helpfulness to infinite patience with dumb questions to senses of humor. Rooms are above average in quality, size, and comfort for this type of Rome hotel (price-range and location). Some raves: free wi-fi, other guests, bar area, restaurants in area (can say this about all of Rome!). Meh: so-so breakfast buffet, forgot to replace plastic glasses twice, and no US-style washcloths. Good shower, though. Frankly, we did not spend all that much time in the room (it's Rome!), but the front desk staff always made us feel welcome. A solid, safe, and friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed on fourth floor in rear. Not much view, but quite quiet.
1 Thank Glenn F
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location, very nice and clean rooms, and the best customer service that I have had anywhere. I was there in January and one woman in particular that worked there, Sima, had not been there for long (originally from Egypt), was amazing. She was so helpful in answering any question that I had, and also just for a bit of a chat when I came in at the end of the day. All staff were fantastic though. The rooms were spacious, very nice and clean bathrooms which is nice to have. Location made it easy to get around, with plenty of food nearby. Will definately stay here again if every again in Rome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel and room was clean, spacious and looked recently renovated. It was about a 10 minute walk from Termini and had a metro station close-by. About a 20 minute walk to Trevi Fountain, a few minutes more for the Spanish steps. This is definitely a walking city. They serve a good breakfast and the staff is as helpful as you might expect in branded hotel chains. Overall, there's not much I can say that this hotel does wrong. They do limit the number of devices that you can add to their wi-fi network, which is really just annoying for this day and age.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple