“Pleasant Hotel Close to Termini” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mondial

Hotel Mondial
Ranked #340 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Norway
“Pleasant Hotel Close to Termini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in the Mondial hotel for three nights in February. Our room was of decent size and comfortable. The hotel staff was frendly and professional. Breakfast was nice and position of the hotel makes it walkable to nearly all atractions in Rome. We can highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kleopetra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our 6th stay at the Mondial over the last 10 years.

We keep going back because we think the location is ideal and the room rates offer very good value for money. I have reviewed the hotel twice previously.

I am reviewing the Mondial again, because it has obviously been the subject of extensive refurbishment since our last stay two years ago. The rooms had been freshened up and updated.

The good points all remain but it is now an even nicer place to stay.

I have seen some negative comments about the staff. I have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Perhaps it depends on how you speak to them...

I would highly recommend the Restaurant Cotto next door to the hotel and also, for a more informal snack or drink, the fantastic deli on the hotel's left.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Prop
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel. It is conveniently located within walking distance from the train station but also located near shops, restaurants and historical sites. The first time I stayed alone. The single room was small but had everything necessary to include a decent bathroom and free Wi-Fi. The bed was a bit too firm for me and the pillow was flat but there was an extra one in the closet so I made out fine. The free breakfast is a perfect way to start a day. ...good variety and tasty coffee. My second stay here, I came with my girl and the room was large, plush and well apportioned. The bathroom had nice amenities. For the price, I really could not have asked for more. On both occasions, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I recommend this place to my friends and will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Rome. Also, if you pay 15 euro or more for a cab ride from the train station, it's way too much. Like I mentioned above, it's an easy walk...about 10 minutes.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife an I have just returned from a short break at this hotel.
Before our stay I was a little anxious about our stay as several reviews were far from complimentary.

We had a room on the 4th floor, that had been recently refurbished, which was very clean, quiet and comfortable. There was plenty of space in the room and the water in the shower was always hot.

Tea an coffee making facilities are only available upon request from the bar, this was only a minor inconvenience and not a problem overall.

Breakfast was a continental buffett and although basic was always plentiful.

The staff were all very polite and friendly.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's 10 minute walk from the Termini and the Republica metro station is just round the corner. A lot of Romes attractions and sights are also within easy waking distance. There are also good restaurants right on the doorstep.

If I ever return to Rome I would gladly stay at this hotel again.
If you want a clean comfortable base within easy distance of all the attractions then this hotel is a must.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Gio7104
Venice, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel and I have to say, I am impressed with the quality for the price. We got a double, French bed (which was surprisingly comfortable for a European hotel), economy room. The room was spacious with an equally impressive 12 ft ceiling. Of course, the breakfast was free and delicious and the staff was friendly and hospitable. My favorite thing about this hotel is that the location is perfect. Only minutes away from the train station, the hotel is also near some amazing restaurants and is a two-minute walk to the opera house. It's roughly about a 10-15 minute walk to the forum/ colosseum and palatine city ruins. For the price, this is the hotel to reserve!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lugano, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just arrived into the HAll, everything seemed ok and good. But just had to do with staff I had noticed attitudes not too cordial as I expected in a 4stars hotels.
Also my room was not good, except for size. Old bathroom, old carpet, old bad, old furnitures and so on. Old is not equal to aged stuffs but really not-manteined-stuffs.
My room was almost clear and no smell in tha air.
This 4stars hotel should be better as a 3stars hotel. It's actual stars level, for me, means only a poor rating, especially when compared to other 4stars-European-capitals-hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Enrico_Lupo

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel. First time was better. Staff was not that friendly this time. When we asked questions they seemed bothered. Location is good. Close to the subway. Nice restaurants in the area. Probably will stay there again. We go to Italy every year and hope it was just a bad day for the personnel at the front desk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple