“Amazing location”
Review of Hotel Forum Roma

Hotel Forum Roma
Ranked #204 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here only 1 night after a couple of weeks in Italy, this was just after we returned from our cruise. We wish we had stayed more nights here. Excellent location to bus, and metro but not Termini, so take a taxi if you don't want to push your bags from train to metro. The rooftop view is spectacular and if you can, get a room overlooking the ruins, we were in room 413, I believe. The bar upstairs is also very nice but the drinks are 3x what you pay on the street, so it's a treat if you sip slowly. It would be nice if they discounted drinks for staying guests (just a suggestion :). The breakfast was very nice overlooking the ruins, unfortunately we had to rush due to an early flight. The street was quiet and not very busy, so don't be alarmed if you are on the street.

Excellent Wifi throughout the lobby and rooms. Rooms were spacious, Beverly clean and well arranged. We appreciated the tub too! The staff was so professional and helpful and we really appreciated that after our long travels in Italy. We plan to return to this property, it's worth the splurge.

Room Tip: High floor, overlooking Via Tor de Conti
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JKRan
DirezioneRoma, Direttore at Hotel Forum Roma, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

We thank you for your very kind remarks, which we have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for a few days, together with my family, for a city break. It is very well situated, between Coliseum and Vitorio Emanuelle Monument. This is a good opportunity to visit Rome by walking in the city centre. At a walking distance by all major attractions. And if you want to visit Rome you definitely need to be there. One of my rooms was for three, but it was not as I wished. Not so clean. Very, very noisy room, because of the neighbourhoods. A nice view for the breakfast because the restaurant is situated at 5th floor, on something like a roof garden (poor breakfast with additional costs for omelet etc... It is an old fashioned hotel, but only the location is for a five star choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the little street view of the Hotel are very, very NOISY. Be careful !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cstatescu

We thank you for your kind remarks about location.
We are really surprise to read that you have founded the room not so clean. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards.
The breakfast will be imrpoved shortly.
Best regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Well, I stayed in this hotel for a week in 2009. I was traveling on business and normally stay in a traditional business hotel, however this time, I decided to opt for charm and location. Which this hotel is full of and their location is great. If you are fortunate enough to get a room with a view (which I did), then the hotel may be worth the inconveniences you will experience.

Having said that, I can see that somethings never change. I expected to do a little work during my week stay....That did not happen! Everyday I woke up and attempted to use my computer but the WI-FI never worked, not in my room or in the lobby area, no where in the hotel did it work! Everyday I asked when the WI-FI would be working and everyday the told me they were experiencing temporary problems and that it would be back on tomorrow...It never was fixed and never came on the entire week.

While there, I meet another couple from the states that had stayed in this hotel on several occasions over the course of three years. They overheard my conversation with the hotel manager about the WI-FI issue, and they told me that I should forget using the WI-FI, as the management has been singing that same song since they first started staying there.

So, Anne H, you are right...It is now 4 years later and there are still saying it will be fixed "tomorrow"...They have no intention of fixing it, as they have had the same WI-FI problem for, maybe, more than a decade.

I also had extra charges on my bill at checkout...and they were not willing to give me an explanation for these charges. When I questioned the manager he reminded me that I was a long way from the US, implying that there was nothing I could do...I was traveling alone and had not been able to communicate with people "back home" (because of the internet issue),so decided I would not push the issue.

I dont think that he was threatening me, but he was just letting me know the charges would not be taken off the bill and I could do nothing about it.

This experience may have been an isolated incident, as the other couple I meet had a great experience there and have been going back ever since. They just know that the WI-FI will never be fixed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Michellelp

Dear Sir,
We are sorry to read that during both oif your stays you had problems with WiFi. Be sure that the problem embarrasse us as much as the guests and we had to change operator.
We inform all our guests that in case of emergency we always propose to check e-mails or print boarding passes in the back-office if the WiFi is out of order.
We apologize for the inconvenience and we wish you best regards.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

As recommended by previous reviewers we asked for a superior room, now i think we might just have scraped in on the superior bit of the hotel. The room 306 was very nice the view was to the left , of an alley to the main road, and, then a building,and to the right we could see a bit of the Forum. We had air con, not firece but enough for the night time, When we were getting ready to go out we just opened the window for fresh air
All the staff were extremely helpful, Maria in the breakfast room was delightful. The maids, reception, bell boys everyone
Breakfast, there was a lot of choice,and if you wanted cooked it was available at a supplement

The WI FI was disasterous, I think we should have sat near the reception,i.e near the front door,

Views from the restaurant and roof top bar were exceptional

Would go back again if I ever return to Rome,but would ask for a room directely facing the Forum

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
DirezioneRoma, Direttore at Hotel Forum Roma, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We thank you for your very kind review that we have shared with all the staff and we wait for the pleasure to welcome you back at the Hotel Forum.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

All roads lead to Rome. Well, I say all roads lead to the Hotel Forum. Being directly across from the Forum with a breathtaking view and a gorgeous interior is only the beginning. As a bonus, even though you're centrally located, you're removed from the loud and busy streets so you feel like a real "locale". Though this is our second visit, we have never been underwhelmed with the Hotel Forum. After arriving from Germany at 8:30 a.m. -- about 4 hours before the actual check-in time, we were treated like true friends from the start. Breakfast was delicious (the dates are a must). Everyone who works there is truly kind and courteous, from the concierge desk to the breakfast waiters. One of the men who worked at the concierge spent 30 minutes calling countless restaurants and found us an amazing one in Trastevere. Fast forward many hours, about 8:30 p.m., we decided to stop at the rooftop bar, since they provided us with free drinks. You can't put a price on the view. Even in 48 hours, you can tell why this hotel predates "Roman Fever" time. Cinque stelle!
-Sir Michael, Lady Wendy, and Tatiana Massa

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir Michael,
It's always a pleasure to welcome you and your very kind family at the Hotel Forum!
Thank you for your very kind comment and see you next time.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Book for Dinner, the most amazing views in Rome. I little expensive but the food was fabulous, very exclusive Italian. Would thoroughly recommend for a Roman treat. Would definitely recommend as they do get very busy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for this kind comment, we are really happy to read that you have enjoyed the dinner in our unforgatable Roof Garden restaurant!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We've just spent eight nights here and have enjoyed staying at this hotel very much. The single biggest reason for staying at this hotel is its location - just across the road from the Roman Forum.

The room wasn't vast but was more than big enough for two of us. We'd booked an upgraded room with a Forum view and we got a good Forum view.

I could get the WIFI signal in the bedroom but only just. More often than not I found that I's to stand either by the room door or in the corridor to pick up the signal.

Breakfast is OK but not fantastic consisting of high carb and sugar pastries and limited amounts of sausages and cheese. The view from the room however is fantastic.

We never ate in the hotel restaurant but it seemed very overpriced (as was the minibar, hotel bars and extra breakfast items) however there is a restaurant next door, La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali, that is excellent - go early on in your stay because you'll want to go back (although you must book).

Room Tip: Go for an upgraded room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

We thank you for your review and we are happy to read that you enjoyed the position.
The retaurant Roof Garden has the prices of restaurants of this category.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again next time at the Hotel Forum.