“ok”

Albergo Carlo Magno Hotel
Ranked #925 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Good hotel with nice room, good breakfast and very polite staff, but not close to the center of the city. I recommend this hotel who travels by car and wants to have good conveniences for the reasonable price. If you use public transport you’ll spend about 20 minutes to reach the main monuments but you’ll save at least 20 euros every day.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harry m

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I used the Carlomagno Hotel in the past , and booked a single , but that was just too small even for 1 , so this time I booked a double , and that is just right . The price is outstanding for the quality of the hotel ; the location of the hotel is just right although subway is not at hand . As well the surrounding area helps with a good and very fresh fish restaurant just in front (Grazia Deledda) and numerous other take away pizzerias and food providers in the neighbourhood . The Ice Cream shop "GORI" just at the other side of Piazza Sempione is worth the walk after dinner ! Their Chocolate Ice Creams selection is an absolute score ! All was working well in the room , although the TV set was small and outdated . Air conditioning was very efficient , but breakfast could be improved a little , at least with a basket of fresh fruit .
I am sure that I will return to this hotel both for business as a single traveller , and as a tourist with my family .

Room Tip: if you are single always ask for double which is about the same price . My room was just in front lo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank cremonesiro
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was in Rome for 2 weeks ago for work. Stressful travel but for luck I got to the hotel fast enough.
Fortunately when I entered the room the air conditioning was on so I finally heaved a sigh of relief. Well decored room, wifi working well, bathroom large enough. Staff very helpful and charming. Definitely a good 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lothar G
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked this hotel for a 3 night stay 10 days ago after reading the reviews on trip advisor. I booked a single room , very clean, with tv and bathroom. The breakfast is the same everyday, but I like the Italian breakfast style,with cappuccino and pastry. The staff is very friendly and I’m sure I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tony l
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I hated this hotel, but it was booked by our tour group.

We just got back home yesterday. First of all it was extremely hot and humid in Rome and after a full day out walking in the heat we would come back sweat soaked to a hot room because the SOB's would everyday after cleaning it turn the AC off and open the windows.

The AC was so crappy it would take hours before getting down to a reasonably cool temp.

The lobby and lounge where you could allegedly connect to the internet were even worse. Wi-Fi never worked and even if it did you might short out your laptop with the sweat gushing forth from your body.

The staff were OK, except for the maid who screwed us on the AC every day.

I wouldn't stay at this place in summer anyway if you paid me 200 euros a night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jimson88
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Ok, I have been waiting to write this review. We just got back from Italy last week. I went with my family on an EF tour. I had read the last two reviews that talked about robberies and "room invasions" before we left. Needless to say, my family and I were pretty worried. I tried to contact the user "AyltonSouza", but couldn't get any additional details before we left.

The hotel was awesome. Especially after reading his review and the one before. I was so worried, but it was fine. The rooms were clean and nice. The air conditioning and hot water worked fine in the two rooms we had. We even had a nice balcony in one of them. The breakfast was awesome, with a great view and tons of food.

I'm not sure what the two recent bad reviews were about. But for a three star hotel in Italy, this was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank John C
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend a month ago. I found this hotel on booking and considering the distances from centre and prices I thought it was a good deal, infact so it is! We reached the hotel easily taking the train from Fiumicino airport and then the bus #90 from Termini Station, the same bus take you back to the Termini station where you can find the tube by which you can reach easily everything you want to visit in the city centre. We arrived at night, so I’ll start with the bed, it was very comfortable, the bedroom was well furnished, spacious and clean, wifi included, the bathroom was clean and spacious too, so we were totally satisfied with the room. Staff is very friendly and helpful,( we asked them everything you can imagine).The hotel has a nice rooftop terrace to eat breakfast on when weather permits and the breakfast is very good. Overall: a nice weekend in a beautiful city in a good hotel, recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple