“Good hotel, even if without spa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aurora Garden Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Aurora Garden Hotel
Ranked #909 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Rome, Italy
“Good hotel, even if without spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I look for a good hotel, and I do find it, like in this case...I do not care at all, if there is no spa ;-).
When I find a good smell at the entrance, I understand this is a properly cleaned place; a nice furniture, smart Front Desk employers, and mostly import a nice room with a very good mattress !

Many hotels nowadays, unfortunately offer unrequested options like spa and do not put the right attention on the most important and requested ones, that an “ hotel guest “ is looking for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ARTATTACKSD
RomaGiugiaro, General Manager at Aurora Garden Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
ooooooooooo ..... you are the perfect customer, the customer would like to have all the hotels ...... What you want from a hotel is a good bed, quiet to sleep and relax after a visit to the bustling big city, clean and a good breakfast. will in the future have not exactly a spa but maybe a swimming pool to make our customers a reason to relax.

thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Walsall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My whole experience of this hotel is good clean and friendly service rooms are to an good serviceable standard and amenities to match, to locate this hotel, please research before as its in a unexpected location, transport there takes on average 40 mins from/to the centre using public transport (343,Metro) and breakfast was nice and continental - yet no hot service, my only down side of the hotel was the city tax asked to be paid at check-out (2 euros per person per night ) with the only sign telling you of this 'tax' been only displayed in Italian at the desk and English on the reverse, obversely not knowing what the language wouldn't know to turn the sign around.

Room Tip: ask to be placed away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Sandra

I read many of the reviews regarding the hotel and I was affraid to go there. I am glad that my sister and I did go. Know that the hotel is not in the center of Rome. If you want to be in the center, skip it. I love how nice the staff was with us and how helpful they were despite their little English. Our room was very quiet and we enjoyed our stay there. I will definitely come back.

Know also that the breakfast is basic, nothing major for those like me that are used to giant breakfast in the US. Expect to pay for every little thing including Internet service. Around the hotels there are places where to eat. We went to one but I did not like it. I cannot even remember the name.

Overall, I will recommend this hotel to those looking for basic things and that are not too picky

Room Tip: Always pick a room away from the streets. Back rooms are better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandra F
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Even though the Aurora Garden is a small hotel that offers basic services I had a pleasant time there. I stayed there last week for 4 days and my only regrets were the fees for internet services and limited access to it. A leak in our bathroom but if I had to do it over again I will. Actually, next year we plan on returning back. The staff was friendly and helpfful. Yes it's far from Termini station but if you are not afraid to take the bus to the metro go for it. it will take you about 30 to 45 minutes to get there from the bus to the metro and then to the Termini station. In Italy buses are not quite on time. But once you get to the Rebibia train station you should be on your way to discover the beauty of Rome. I read a lot of abd review about Aurora Garden but to me i had was I was looking for. My only suggestion is for the hotel to offer free internet acces and to fix the water leak in room 105. In America we want the best ands we always complained about things but you know something no hotel is perfect and they need our feedback to get better. Aurora Garden is not expensive and its located outside of the center of rome, whicjh is a good things because it allowed us to mingle with the locals friends that we met there We enjoyed the scenery and tasted local food that are not tourists oriented with great prices. I will be back and I will request the same room . Tank you Aurora Garden with time you will grow and will make the neccessary changes.

Room Tip: good AC, room was very quiet and had a nice ground floor terrace. I hate carpe5t so I ordered a room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank valerie H
beograd
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hotel captures the entry of the kindness of staff, with a beautiful garden with tables, chairs and shade. Rooms are classically furnished and very neat and clean.
Bathroom spacious, with all the equipment in them.
Breakfast was quite good, beautiful Expresso, we took the map at the front desk and went to Rome. There is only one problem, because the hotel a bit away from the city and must be combined bus and metro.
My advice to leave and return is to use the newly opened metro line B to station Conco d'Or and to the first use of bush 343rd Transportation tickets can be purchased right at the corner where the hotel in Tabaco store.
I got free Internet 3 hours, each following a 1 euro per hour.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ok
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dragan s
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I spent in May 4 nights to Aurora Garden Hotel. It was more than I expected. All staff are very kind and helpful.
The rooms are clean with a large bathroom. The area is also, friendly, quiet and offer you a good rest after a long day by walking to visit Rome.
All this things compensates the fact that the hotel is little bit far away by Rome. Don't be scared about distance, it take around 50 minutes to reachTermini station, with a bus and metro. Public transport in Rome is well organized. Even from Airoprt can take the train, after that metro and finally a bus and not to pay a high amount for taxi. It's true, it's not easy when you are for the first time in Rome but for sure for to go back to Airport, will see that is not so difficult..but it take about 2 hours so should be careful with your time.
If I will have the opportunity to visit again Rome, I will choose the same Hotel, Aurora Garden.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AncaO_12
N Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were greeted on arrival by Danielo, who was very friendly and welcoming.The room was fairly small but very comfortable,clean and well decorated.The bathroom was quite roomy and well appointed(remember that C on the tap is hot not cold!).We were very impressed with the overall standard of the hotel,the lounge and bar area was very nicely decorated and furnished in particular.Drinks a good price in the bar,the beer is more expensive than the wine and brandy,not bad though at 5 euros for a 660ml bottle of Peroni.Very welcome after a hard day's sightseeing!
We were a party of 4 from Ciampino airport and decided to share a taxi to the hotel rather than struggle with cases on the busy buses and metro,we paid 38 euros which apparently was a very good price and ok between 4 of us.Once you get aquainted with the buses and metro though it is extremely easy to travel to and from the centre.Best to buy a 3 day pass for 6 euros which you can buy from a little shop on the road down to the bus stop on the right hand side.
Don't let the crowds on the metro faze you,it is extremely busy at all times but if you don't manage to get on the first tube, another will be along within a minute or so and you'll be one of the first to get on that one.
Overall were were extremely happy with this hotel and an unexpected bonus was the exceptional breakfast which consisted of everything you could want as long as it's not fried eggs and bacon.We were only expecting a croissant and coffee as in the usual small hotels.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful and we would definately return here in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends