Barocco Hotel
$356
$278
Capo d'Africa
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$192
Travelocity
$1,402
$770
3,097 results
All reviewspiazza barberinitrevi fountainspanish stepshandwritten notebowl of fruitwithin walking distanceside streetthe hotel staffturn down servicewonderful hotelour honeymoonbreakfast was amazingdinner reservationsbottle of proseccopastriesmetro stoptaxi stand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Barocco on our first visit to Rome. On arrival at the hotel, the staff spoke excellent English and were able to advise us on the distance to all of the various sights, give restaurant recommendations and provide tour details.
The hotel is walking distance from most of the major sights, we walked to the Colisseum, the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Palazzo Barberini and Trevi Fountain. The metro stop across from the hotel is only 4 stops (about 10 minutes) from the Vatican and all of the open top bus tours have a stop directly outside the hotel on the Piazza Barberini.
We stayed in room 62, a superior room on the top floor of the old part of the hotel. The room was very spacious by continental European standards and had powerful air conditioning, tv, safe and plenty of storage space. The bathroom was smallish, with no bath only a shower but it was nicely decorated and the shower was quite powerful.
Breakfast was really lovely, a nice continental choice and also a cooked option.
We really enjoyed staying here and the location couldn't have been any better, it was quite expensive though - we booked through lastminute.com and paid £250 per night, no reflection on lastminute, they were the cheapest.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank LSPAberdeen_Scotland
Reviewed October 4, 2008

Hotel was very nice...accomodating. Very helpful and spoke English, which was a plus! Convenient and safe! The only problem that we had while I was there was my pashmina (scarf) was taken by the cleaning staff. Hotel acted as if they were going to assist us with finding or replacing it, but I have not heard anything since. On the other hand, clean and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Barocco for 5 nights this month. I booked it after I had read previous posts on Trip Advisor. The hotel lived up to our expectations. Staff was very helpful - breakfast was excellent - and our room/bathroom was very nice. We stayed in the attached building to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lonestar438
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I spend three nights in Barocco in late July. Overall impression is great. The hotel is in perfect location. Reception staff very professional and efficient. Rooms are nice, comfortable, larger than in other European hotels I have visited. Everything is very clean and tidy, bathroom in marble with good water pressure. AC worked fine, which was nice since it was hot in Rome. Breakfast was OK, although nothing special and not exactly what I expect in a four star hotel. I was extremely satisfied with the hotel and would certainy recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Shule
Reviewed July 3, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Barocco for 3 nights in late June. We booked with lastminute and paid a bit extra for a classic room (vs standard room) in the Annex part of the hotel which is a group of rooms located in the fairly posh apartment block just next door to the hotel (<10 steps away). It's a nice old building with high ceilings - cooling in the very hot summer of Rome.

As mention in previous review, entrance to the hotel is on the side street Via della Purificazione, not facing the Barberini Piaza. On arrival, we were greeted by the receptionist who sent a maid to lead us to our room and arrange a porter to deliver our suitcase very promptly.

Our room was very clean and nicely decorated with touch of luxury - marble wall skirting, antique looking polished wooden furniture, mirror with golden frame, comfy bed (not to hard/soft), large marble bathroom with a hydro message tub. It has a view to the side street where the hotel entrance is on which I suppose is a bit more quite than those facing the square. Sound proofing is very adequate anyway. My only moan is that the aircon is a bit weak to my like but we left it on when we were out and it does the job to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. By the way, weak aircon seems to be a common issue in all the shops and restuarants.

The staffs in the reception are always polite and helpful and certainly treat you like a welcomed guest. We were very impressed with the efficient housekeeping staffs as they meticulously clean and tidy up our room/bed every time we went out (once 3 times in a day during our stay). The good thing is that they keep a low profile and don't bother you when you are in the room, so you don't actually see them but the result of their work!

Breakfast is served in a small but nicely decorated room on the first floor. A good continental affair with fruit, yoghurt, pastries, eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, juices. Tea/ coffee and cappuccino is always offered by the waitress and brought to your table.

We cannot fault the hotel location. The metro stop Barberini (line A) is half a minute away. We used it very often as it's a too hot to walk to sights in this weather unless its early morning or later in the afternoon. But the distance to various sights would have been easily negotiable in cooler weather. Also the hotel is very well served by buses and the open top tourist buses stops right outside. The convenient location allow us to return to the hotel in the afternoon for a shower before heading out for dinner. Also a stroll to the Trevi fountain in the evening can be easily done.

Another good aspect of the hotel is it's fairly small size. The service is personnel and there is no annoying tour groups/ students but independent travellers during our stay - Italian and foreigners alike.

Overall, this is a very well run hotel with high standard that truely deserves its four star status. I would definately return on my next visit to Rome.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple