“Great Hotel & Fabulous Location”
Review of Barocco Hotel

Barocco Hotel
Ranked #17 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Arrived back last night from an amazing weekend in Rome. We found the hotel through Trip Advisor and couldn't have wished for a better hotel for our trip. The central location was ideal, we were just a a couple of minutes walk from the Spanish Steps and .the Trevi Fountain. There's a large selection of restaurants just metres from it. The rooms are beautifully decorated, we went for a standard room, which had all you needed and was truly charming but next time I'd opt for a more spacious one. The staff were exceptional, so helpful. We travelled with another couple and all of us were so impressed with this hotel. It doesn't have spa or pool facilities but when there's so much to enjoy in Rome you won't need them. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DublinHappyOut
Write a ReviewReviews (3,054)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed at the Barocco for three nights and liked it. I don't think the website does it justice as the room was nicer than I expected!
Excellent location within walking distance of many major attractions and the metro station.
Lovely breakfast and gorgeous cappuccinos! Even offered to make us one to take away when we left for the airport.
Very clean room (no 23) which had a large comfortable bed. Room didn't have much room but we expected that.
Bathroom very clean but no plug in the sink which made it difficult for my husband to shave and the people in the meeting room in the building opposite must have had quite a fright when I got out the shower so I ended up showering in the dark! They must have been able to see in so a blind or curtain in addition to the net curtain would be useful. Not a problem at the weekend luckily!
Ordered a bottle of prosecco which wasn't in the room at our arrival but delivered a couple of hours later which was disappointing as it lost its impact somewhat!
But all minor niggles and I would definitely stay again at the Barocco if I was in Rome again. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank ClarendonP
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were upgraded for free to a deluxe double room. With the sitting room off to the side and the impressive bathroom, felt more like a US luxury hotel than your standard smaller Italian Hotels. Breakfast was perfect and the staff was friendly and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rich H
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Hotel Barocco was amazing. Traveling as a single woman they treated me with the up most respect. They mapped out all the places I should go in the time frame I needed and made recommendations for restaurants where I would not feel out of place. The staff was the greatest. This hotel is centrally located to all must see sites. The rooms are great and the beds most comfortable. I would recommend this to hotel to anyone who wants to visit Rome.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Susie W
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Polite and attentive staff who upgraded us to a suite on arrival. Very pleasant room with large bathroom with loo and a second loo and washbasin. Bowl of fruit and bottled water in the room plus a free welcome drink at the bar. The breakfast was one of the best we have had at any hotel.
Easy walking distance from Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi fountain etc and plenty of restaurants around.
A hotel that we would happily recommend.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerdent
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Barocco in November 2013 and had a wonderful experience. It was a quite a lovely boutique hotel and centrally located for our stay in Rome. The room was attractive, however with 4 pieces of luggage (on our way to a long cruise) it was a little harder to maneuver around. The breakfast was outstanding, the personnel were very helpful and accommodating. We enjoyed the bar before we went out to dinner or when we returned for a nightcap. We would recommend this hotel to others who will be staying in Rome.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JudyTerry2014
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We read the reviews and decided to start and end our trip to Italy in Rome at the Barocco. However after starting our vacation at this hotel we decided to end it at the Bernini, which was just across the Piazza. To say the Barocco is small is an understatement. To say it is comfortable is an exaggeration. The bed was lumpy and hard and the pillows were awful. They linen was scratchy. Our King Bed room was big enough for the King Bed and that's all. It was dark and my husband and I were tripping over each other trying to get our luggage open or walk around the bed or use the tiny rest room. We avoided being in the room for any reason other than to go to sleep. The room was very expensive for what it was. When we walked across the piazza and saw the beautiful Bernini we went in to check it out and when I saw the price was the same I knew that's were we would stay when we returned to Rome.

Room Tip: I don't know that there is a good room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sandra O
francocaruso, Direttore generale at Barocco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for placing your review and expressing your opinion which, nevertheless, leaves me very puzzled.

It is true that some rooms are small (subject matter which I have touched on numerous times in my previous management responses), however I am very surprised you found the beds to be uncomfortable. Our beds and breakfast are the two main features which distinguish our hotel from others and are very much appreciated by all guests.

We have special mattresses and expensive crisp high quality linens so I cannot understand how they could be lumpy and scratchy. I value your opinion but cannot understand the clear contradiction with the facts and, consequently, the opinion of other guests. Just read through all the other comments to see what others say.

I find it, therefore, difficult to draw any learning experience from your comment which can in no way aid me towards any potential improvements. All I can say is that I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy what we have to offer.

Franco Caruso