“Roman splendor in centro”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Barocco Hotel

Barocco Hotel
Ranked #17 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Perth, Australia
“Roman splendor in centro”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

After a long flight we were greeted warmly and advised we had been upgraded to a suite
The private roof top balcony complete with a spa bath and garden was fabulous, and more surprising in the center of Rome. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast delicious.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ozfamily2008_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Great location only improved upon by the excellent staff and service. Traditional look with very modern bathrooms and facilities. Try the nearby Elle restaurant for modern dressy Roman night life. Very high quality dried ham and parmesan for breakfast.

1 Thank CTHASTINGS
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by a work colleague.

I arrived at the hotel and was given a room next to the elevator, so I asked for a different one as I could hear the beeps and noises... so due to be such a busy hotel they only had a twin bed room available, which was just perfect. The hotel as such is small, if you're looking for spacious rooms and corridors, you are not in the right hotel...
I found my room extremely comfortable, the location is perfect for business or city break, is in the city center, right by the Metro, which allows you to get every where very fast and effortless.
The breakfast buffet was a bit short for my taste, but hey there was quite enough to satisfy anyone, and you could also order omelets and coffee of course.. they are very serious about their coffee.
It was a pity that the fountain was under renovation, otherwise I would have being able to see it from my window. The windows in the rooms are noise proof, but it's inevitable to block every car noise...at the end of the day you are in the city center of one of the busiest cities in Europe... so have to live with it !
There are restaurants everywhere walking distance...
Again the staff was very helpful, they organized for me a private car to take me to the airport for a lower fee and much better service than a regular taxi.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and I will come back.

Room Tip: any room, except the one by the elevator of course...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FranGalan
mass
Reviewed April 12, 2013

From the moment I made my reservation until the time I checked out everything was perfect. We had a superior room..number 42..with a kingsize bed... Yes in Europe. Quiet and elegnant at affordable rates. The location was perfect and the buffet breakfast was simply wonderful. I only wish I had plans to experiene Hotel Barocco again.

1 Thank gj9441
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a keeper. Will make it my "go to" place whenever I'm fortunate enough to be back in Rome.

Location, excellent. Just off Via Veneto, two minute walk to Barberini metro station. Staff is friendly, eager to be of assistance. Rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed. Leave your robe and slippers home, they are provided as is free WIFI. Breakfast gives wide range of choice- all fresh and beautifully presented.

Happy I found Barocco.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank BarbaraE5
CT
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our first family trip to Rome, traveling with our 9 year old twin daughters, could not have gone smoother. Having Hotel Barocco to come "home" to every night, made all the difference.
They were helpful and gracious, particulary at the fantastic breakfast brunch. For my typical American breakfast eater daughters, the variety every day was the perfect start to our adventures. Rafael, in the bar, helped plan our evenings or made great suggestions for dinners. He was kind to the girls and made every effort to ensure they were comfortable.
Our family suite, with two bathrooms, was the right size for the four of us. With the couch made out every day into the bed, it was a little tight for walking around, but we managed fine. The 2 bathrooms was a nice bonus and helped us get organized faster in the morning.
I would recommend this hotel again and again and would return without fail if booking our next trip. The location is ideal, with a metro stop 1/2 block a way. A busy street, not particulary attractive, but perfect for getting in and around the city. But truly, having Hotel Barocco every day to send us on our way, or make suggestions, or find us our taxi....whatever it was, they handled with grace and hospitality passion. Many thanks to all, from the special Easter gift, to the fruit and chocolates. So many memories from simple kindness...and we thank you!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street can be noisy and the view doesn't get you much, so if you are a ligh...
1 Thank CtBeachbunny
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent 5 nights at Hotel Barocco with my family. Very helpful staff with great attention to detail. Very nice well appointed rooms. Location in walking distance to most local attractions and plenty of eating options. I would chose this hotel again upon returning to Rome.

Room Tip: If you enjoy the bustle of the city chose the Fountain view suite. For a quiet room choose a courtya...
1 Thank tiberiusrex