“Superb location”
Review of Hotel Sistina

Hotel Sistina
Ranked #685 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My partner and I stayed three nights at this hotel and a great time. Room was large, with a very comfortable bed, breakfast was unreal and as the title says, the location was perfect!

You have a perfect launching pad here to begin your exploration of surely one the most beautiful cities in the world. Ten minutes walk will take you to the Spanish Steps, Fontana do Trevi and much, much more. It is also super close to the metro which was just great.

We booked in a hurry and got a great price and an even better find. Check this place out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2013

As soon as we arrived we where told there was a problem with the air conditioning and only had a room with one small bed for 2 of us. We are not a couple and he tried to push us to another hotel in their group. I had read another review that mentioned the same thing! Thanks to that review we did not go. Requesting to speak to the manager was a no go as well!! We made them add a cot and move us to another room the next day. I think they use this hotel to fill their other less desirable locations!!!! BEWARE - we booked this months ago

Room Tip: Our second room was 328 request this room!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank gipper7
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last week and they were very accommodating. They answered any questions we had and were very helpful.

The location is a couple of block from the Spanish steps. You can actually see the tall monument when you get out of the hotel. Hotel room itself was very nice. I was pleasantly surprised because it was not that small as some hotels in Rome are. The bathroom was spacious. We were at the front of the hotel so we did hear noise at night, but not enough noise that you couldn't sleep. Air conditioning was good and we had free wi-fi.

Breakfast was good with yogurt, cereals, coffee and milk and juice, fruit and pastries. One thing the kids did not like was that the milk was not cold, but again, you are in Rome.

We were one minute from Barberini square, where you can pick up hop on hop off bus and the regular buses.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the back if you don't want to hear noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Isabel164
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights with my 2 children, my mother and niece. The hotel was in an excellent location, close to public transportation and within walking distance from Spanish steps. Very convenient! Rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet didn't have many options however it was enough for us. They also offered free wifi which was a plus!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I took a taxi from the train station, and my cab driver told me that I was going to thoroughly enjoy my stay. He wasn't kidding. My only regret was not staying here longer. Once again, I picked a hotel that was centrally located. This time, I chose one that was within walking distance of the Spanish Steps and Fontana di Trevi. Because I had to catch an early shuttle to the airport the next morning, I wasn't able to really enjoy breakfast as much as I would have liked. However, I had a capuccino and it was fabulous! One things for sure, they put out an amazing spread. The gentleman at the front desk was so kind, and he even gave me the password to use Wifi. Not sure if it was meant to be complimentary, but since I was only there for a few hours, I guess it didn't matter. The only downside was the smell of sewage coming from the bathroom. Regardless, it was spotless. My fourth-floor room had a full-size bed and was quite spacious. I loved having a picture of the Virgin Mary hanging on my bedroom wall. My room also had a door that lead to the rooftop balcony. It was filled with flowers and had tables and chairs so people could enjoy the view and soak in the rays. I loved my room!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dallende
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here for several reasons - proximity to the Colliseum, the Vatican and central downtown Rome. We were pleasantly surprised that the Wi-Fi is free and the bathroom was huge by European standards. Even had a bidet. We had a standard room. The room is a decent size for Europe and clean. The hotel is old but has charm. Be sure to go out on the roof terrace and have a glass of wine. The staff was very friendly and the map they give you of Rome is priceless - shows everything. The breakfast buffet has something for everyone and was quite nice to have so you don't spend so much time trying to find a place to eat before you set out on your day. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank barber25
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have stayed 4 nights in this nice hotel. Friendly and helpfull staff at the reception, a very extensive and good breakfast (up to 10.30 hr) The hotel looks somewhat old, but is very stylish. No wifi, but an internet corner. Clean. Terrace on the roof. Very good location. 200 meters from the Barberini metro, a 5 minutes walk to the Spanish Stairs, a 10 minutes walk to the Trevi fountains, and 5 more minutes to the Pantheon. A good supermarket not too far away, and many nice (not too expensive) family driven restaurants just around the corner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family