We just returned from a three day trip to Rome. We were a family group of 7 (ages ranging from 13-68 yrs) and all were very happy to have stayed at the Hotel D'Inghilterra. When looking at hotels in Rome near the Spanish Steps, we were undecided between the Hotel Intercontinental and the Hotel d'Inghileterra. We finally ended up chooing the Hotel D'Inghilterra because the Intercontinental was at the top of the Spanish Steps and this meant climbing up and down those 138 steps perhaps several times a day !!
What we liked about the hotel :
1) Each room was decorated differently. We were four rooms (1 TRP, 2 SNG and 1 TWIN). None of us could say the rooms were small.
2) The bathroom amenities were of a very good quality and there was enough.
3) Housekeeping was very friendly. Ok - did not speak much Engish but their smiling faces and enthusiasm to assist made you overlook this. We were very lucky. We had Ms. Christina taking care of us and she was excellent with her care.
4) The Reception - Ms. Celia. Thumbs up to the Hotel for hiring her. Perfect in customer service. Always willing to assist and solve your problem. Always a smiling face. We didn't know that most restaurants were either closed or required advance reservations for the 24th of December. We had no hope but she spent more than half an hour trying to find us a place to dine. Thanks to her our last evening in Rome was very memorable.
5) The Concierge - Mr. Massimo. You can not find a more professional Concierge. Takes his job very seriously and has excellent knowledge of Rome. Recommended some very nice restaurants and also let us purchase advance tickets to the Collosseum and the Vatican so we would not have to wait in those horrendously long lines.
6) Location is excellent for shopping : Dior, Fendi, Gucci, Prada, Hermes, Moncler, etc... are only steps away. All designer shops are within walking distance. Either on Via Condotti, Via Frattins, Via Bourgogna, Piazza di Spagna or the side streets. Shopper's Paradise !!
7) Location is also excellent for walking to many sights such as Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Navona (where there are Xmas markets during this season),...
8) The building is quite old so most of the furniture and decoartions are antique adding a historical touch to your stay in the hotel.
9) Lobby is divided into little quarters so a group can easily find privacy - as if you are in your own home.
things that could be improved :
1) there was a strong smell in the corridor for all three days. It was like a waste smell. Did not bother us because it did not affect the rooms.
2) Breakfast buffet : bread selection, juice selection, fruit selection is sufficient. However I think olives, more cheese, hard boild eggs could be added.
Would we stay in this hotel again if we visited Rome ? Definitely !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel d'Inghilterra, a temple of warm, welcoming Italian hospitality, is in the heart of Rome. Hotel d'Inghilterra is one of Rome's most distinguished and desired destinations. Moments from the iconic Spanish steps, our deluxe boutique hotel sits gracefully at the very heart of historic Rome. Each of our unique rooms and suites is a perfect blend of traditional decadence and modern freshness that embodies Italian design. From the elegant Classic Double rooms to the heavenly Penthouse Suite with its flower filled terrace overlooking the city, every space is resplendent with luxuriant details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel d'Inghilterra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- d Inghilterra Hotel Rome
- Hotel d Inghilterra