Hotel Lord Byron
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsborghese gardensart deco hotelsmall luxury hotelquiet locationa short taxi ridebeautiful hotelspanish stepspublic spaceshome away from homecentre of romemarble bathroomresidential neighborhoodupgraded to a suitehotel restaurantsister hotelfive star hotelpiazza del popolo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed in the hotel as a lone traveler from the US. I could not have asked for a more perfect fit. The hotel is very well-maintained and the art deco decor is beautiful. My room was in perfect condition (I'm very choosey, so this is saying a lot for me). My one complaint is that the bed was too firm, though in all fairness, this is the case throughout all of Italy. The beds are typically not cushioned. Also, I always prefer boutique hotels and this one was exactly what I was looking for.

The location might not be for everyone, but it was perfect for me. It's next to the beautiful Borghese park and the modern art museum. For me, it was nice to stay somewhat outside of the hustle and bustle and not feel like I was too far-removed from the sites I went to Rome to see in the first place. Not everything was walking distance, but I'm not sure I'd want them to be.

The service that I received from the staff was absolutely impeccable. They were very friendly, warm, and went out of their way to help me with everything from restaurant recommendations, to directions and train schedules.

I'm very happy with my choice to stay at Lord Byron.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is what you expect from an Hotel of this level. Comfortable, quiet, top level staff: discreet and helpful (you barely need to speak and they get on with what you require). Nothing is a problem, they dealt with my car parking and moving it when necessary without any need of arranging it. I asked for the boarding pass and it was printed in seconds. The location is excellent since is quiet and away from the mad center, but everything can easily be
reached walking, with public transport, and of course a short taxi ride. We walked back from a restaurants in zona Piazza del Popolo twice after dinner: it takes only 20 mins, and it is extremely healty. And of course if you, like me, adore Art Deco' it is the final touch. It is not cheap of course,
but perfection comes at a cost.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. The hotel is small, but beautifully decorated with antiques & Art Deco pieces. The staff were friendly, helpful and made our stay extra special. For a hotel of this quality it's very reasonably priced and the food is excellent.

The hotel is behind Vila Borgese, it is set back from the centre of Rome by the park.

It is around a 15 min walk through the park from the Spanish steps, meaning it's possible to walk to most of the sites though I found it a bus or taxi occasionally were needed. Alternatively the tram 19 or tram 3 stop near by at the modern art gallery. Most taxi drivers seemed to know the hotel without much explanation.

Around the hotel, there are a few bars/restaurants, though the area is a little sleepy compared to other parts of Rome.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amedeo_Ottaviani, Proprietario at Hotel Lord Byron, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We feel we have been the right hotel on your first wedding anniversary. We work on romance as one of our top values. For your future plans, please know the Hotel Lord Byron has added new bicycles for guest use to explore the area and easily move within the city center.
Thank you and kind regards.
A. Ottaviani

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Such a great hotel, the staff are so helpful and friendly. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. The shared areas of the hotel are beautifully furnished and immaculately clean.The location in a leafy suburb is so quiet yet only 10 minutes by taxi to the centre of town. You wont regret staying here.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

It’s a pleasure to stay at the Lord Byron, a hotel that exudes an atmosphere of peace and calm. Public rooms are exquisitely furnished, bedrooms are comfortable.
The Lord Byron enjoys a quiet location in a residential area only a short stroll from the outstanding National Gallery of Modern Art (19th & 20th Century), the Etruscan Museum and the delightful Borghese Gardens. The Borghese Gallery, Spanish Steps, Via Veneto and good restaurants are also within walking distance, although you are likely to take a taxi back up the hill to the hotel.
The hotel is, however, not suitable for those with mobility difficulties. There are thirteen steps up to the entrance and steps inside to the restaurant and bar. Otherwise this hotel makes a good base for a pleasant stay in Rome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple