Hotel Lord Byron
$79
$72
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
$363
$296
Priceline
  • Restaurant
$604
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsborghese gardensart deco hotelsmall luxury hotelquiet locationa short taxi ridebeautiful hotelspanish stepshome away from homecentre of romemarble bathroomresidential neighborhoodupgraded to a suitehotel restaurantsister hotelfive star hotelpiazza del popoloour honeymoon
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed in a Deluxe Room at the hotel last night and found the experience wonderful. The hotel has an opulent charm very rare these days. The abundance of art deco objects and fine oil paintings give the hotel an ambiance that would be the envy of chains the world over. Complimentary mini bar and wi-fi were a very nice touch, however the crowning glory are the staff. All were Italian and all had the worldly experience to offer 5 star service. Classy location by the Borghese Park is very peaceful and away from the tourist crowds (10 minute walk through the park to the Spanish steps though). And such a great breakfast! It was a great end to our holiday and the three of us will look forward longingly to our next stay there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hotel appeared run down. Room was dirty, small, holes in wall. Restaurant food was the worst we've ever experienced in Rome. Breakfast was inedible- stale breads/pastries, soupy eggs, fruit swimming in syrup. Their ad says WiFi is included- we were told we would be charged for it. Not a good location. Does not live up to a 5 star restaurant. Would not stay here again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Denise R
Amedeo_Ottaviani, Proprietario at Hotel Lord Byron, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest,
We’ve read your comment on Hotel Lord Byron and, further to your title “awful”, we wish to express our respect to your opinion but consider your judgement quite unpleasant.
We feel very surprised to read about your overall neagtive feedback and would like to invite you to read of many other Guests opinions we often receive. The proof of our words is the content of our guests books as well as Tripadvisor reviews.
Should you wish to give us another opportunity to show you our ability in servicing our Guests, we encourage you to contact us directly.
Kind regards.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel itself was great- the rooms were huge, breakfast was excellent, service was nice, and views were beautiful, but with a hotel like this, you could drop it right next to an oil power plant and you would still enjoy what went on inside the hotel. Thats the only real problem I had with the hotel: it seemed off to the side of everything. And forgive me if I sound like an idiot for being bothered by this, but since I prefer to be a "temporary local", it made me feel a little too much at home. Just about everyone I saw staying at the hotel was British or American like me, and didn't seem to make much of an effort to act at all Italian (again, sorry if this is too biased). The service, although it would be hard to find a nicer collection of people, always seemed to be speaking English to me even when I spoke Italian.

But despite that, my day and a half in Rome was great. Overall, I'd give the hotel thumbs up if you want a luxurious place to stay and don't mind longer-than-average cab rides (the drivers they provided were great, by the way). It's a little hard to find this hotel, my parents spent about twenty minutes looking for it, but of course theres that risk for every hotel, isn't there? So read your map with confidence and walk up the steps of the hotel Lord Byron like you own the place- and I guarantee, you'll enjoy your stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GoldPerson
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel was very nice. It had a good view and atmosphere to the room and a fine breakfast with good coffee. However, this is not the hotel for you if youre looking for something ultra italian. The nieghborhood shared a huge resemblance to Washington Dc, (which I live near and visit often.) Everything about the hotel, from the guests to the staff to the atmosphere of the breakfast was British. It's like the british embassy hotel, which if you're like me, American and enjoy being around those who have British accents, you will love this. However, if you like the comfort of knowing youre the only native English speaker in miles, I stay go to hotel Corleone Demarini instead.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We loved this beautiful hotel in a quiet part of Rome! The staff were very professional and courteous! The decor of the hotel was very luxurious. Some of the pictures on their website really don't do it justice. It is a small boutique hotel with only a few rooms (around 30) but quite lovely! Would stay there again! It may just be our favorite European hotel!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family