“Great location, great breakfast, great staff”

Baglioni Hotel Regina
Ranked #111 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a lovely boutique hotel. It is right across from the American Embassy on the Via Veneto, just down the street from the Cafe de Paris. We stayed as part of a Tauck tour group. Our room was very spacious and well-appointed. Of the three hotels we stayed in during our Tauck tour, this was our favorite (the others being the Luna Baglioni in Venice and the Helvetia and Bristol in Florence). The bathroom was a little dated, but very functional and clean. Breakfast was delicious and served in a beautiful setting. A short stroll down the Via Veneto gets you to the metro and a little bit longer stroll in the opposite direction puts you at the Spanish Steps.

The front desk staff was the most helpful that we encountered on our trip. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your very nice posting.
Glad to read this is your favourite place you stayed in during your Tauck Tour and we truly hope to see you here again soon.
With kindest regards and wishing you a nice remainder of summer to you and loved ones,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our experience at Baglioni last week was poor. The staff was not consistent, moody and with attitude. For example:
- Breakfast till 11 am. I went for breakfast at 10:30 am and the waiter was annoyed because he had to settle a table for me when he had already prepare the tables for lunch. Are you kidding me?
- The day after at 10:45 for breakfast my partner wanted some scrambled eggs and they were finished. Nobody knew anything about it. We had to wait 15 min until someone eventually brought us some eggs. Also if you would like a fresh omelette you have to pay for it. Again is this a five star hotel service?
- the personnel did not have an international mentality/behaviour at all! Staff gossiping in Italian thinking that we both were foreigners and did not understand them...too bad I was born in Italy and I understood every single word, every single rolling of eyes or attitude.
- I asked for the beauty center price list and the answer was: look for it, it should be somewhere in your bedroom. I didn't find it, I called again and the receptionist promised me to send me a copy...I am still waiting for that list today!
The manager and his assistant Mr. Davide kindly tried to make us happy upgrading our bedroom for the last night. Nice gesture but too little...too late...and not acceptable for a 5 star hotel!
We chose this Italian boutique hotel because we wanted our city break in Rome to be memorable...but it was a very bad choice. The location is amazing but if you google this area - just around the corner - you will find much better hotels where to spend your roman holiday and enjoy the "dolce vita"!

Room Tip: Change hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Home L

Dear Guest,
Our apologies for the poor experience you had with us.
Feedback is always important as we can improve our service.
I can personally understand the discomfort you felt and if you ever want to give us another chance feel free to contact me privately (l.virgilio@baglionihotels.com).
With kindest regards and renewed apologies,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the Regina Baglioni on our eight day stay in Rome in March. This was a wonderful, smaller boutique type hotel, modern conveniences with an old world feel. The staff was courteous and extremely helpful, and the breakfast each morning was divine. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, people with families or couples traveling by themselves.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol F
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest grazie mille for your lovely review and truly hope to see you on your next visit to the Eternal City.
Sincerely, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place was not for me at all. I ended up leaving after the first night, but paid for two. Just really wasn't my type of hotel. Although I am sure there are some qualities that guests may like, I couldn't find any that worked for me.

I have a problem with filth and staff that are not trained in 5 Star Service.

This place wasn't for me at all.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Best of luck if you choose to stay here.

Room Tip: Do not expect a true 5 Star property. This is property uses the term 5 Star, as many do, to market i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RussFilice

Thank you for your review and sorry to learn you did not enjoy your itme with us. Naturally we do respect tastes and opinion of each Guest.With kindest regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is an elegant and beautiful hotel in the heart of Rome near the Spanish Steps. It has a lot of small restaurants and bars conveniently located right nearby. The people are a major asset warm, friendly and welcoming especially Marie and Sondro at the front desk and Francesco the concierge and Lidia in the bar. If you need good restaurant or anything Francesco is the man! It's a shame the rooms are warm as the air conditioning doesn't cool that well. The wifi also does not work well and is intermittent at best. If you can overlook these things, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
LucaVirgilio, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest grazie mille for the lovely review and so happy to red of your comments on our Staff which is definetly the asset of this Hotel. We truly hope to seeing you back on your next visit to Rome. Sincerely,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Regina was a short one but like mentioned in the reviews, the location was very good. Central to many of Rome's major sites.

When we checked in, we went up to our room on the 1st floor which was next to a bathroom. The room was very small which is typical of Rome hotels but when we opened the window in the room, we were staring at the air conditioning unit for the hotel...I requested a change and they quickly moved us to a room with a city view and balcony. While the gentlemen who was helping me change rooms at the counter was very nice, the other employees standing around listening to my conversation were not as nice...

The most upsetting part for us over the 2 days was that we booked a wake up call and they did not call us - we almost missed the tour we paid for! We woke up by chance 10 mins before it left!

The lobby, breakfast and beds were very good however the couple issues we had over the two days were not typical of the 5 star experience I've had at other hotels I've stayed with in the past.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest thanks for your review and glad that the issue with your first room allocation was solved swiftly and you enjoyed a rooms with views... This said for the wake up call I am terribly sorry and would like to understand more. PLease feel fre to contact me directly on L.Virgilio@BaglioniHotels.com
I do hope to hear from you, with kindest regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed in this very impressive hotel with my girlfriend...very well located close to the Spanish Steps. We got a great deal for 3 nights though if paying full price it is very expensive. All in all we both had a great time in Rome and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Grazie mille for your lovely review and do hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you and your girfriend back soon! Sincerely,