We arrived early on a Saturday morning, & while our room wasn't quite ready, our concierge/front desk receptionist informed us that it would be ready in an hour. We had a suite on the 6th floor, so she strongly suggested to wait for it as it will be worth it - she was right. The view from our balcony was just wonderful of the ancient roman wall & borghese gardens. The street (via veneto), while it can be busy at times, it didn't keep us up at night with the noise - from the 6th floor, the noise was negligible.
1. Friendly staff at restaurant for our breakfast buffets. They were always nice, polite, helpful & prompt. The quality of the buffet was also quite good. They had both hot & cold foods - fruits, vegetables, deli meats/cheeses, pastries, along with different choices of juices, water & even offered prosecco. While some may complain about the bacon being fatty, this is just typical of what we encounter in europe, where cuts are thicker than the typical US version. It may also be just a preference - streaky/chewy vs crispy/burnt. But the sausages were good. There were also scrambled eggs & omelettes offered, so the buffet will satisfy all tastes.
2. Nice, quiet, higher end location. The hotel is within 10-15 mins walk to the Spanish Steps, Borghese Gallery, & subways/metro. While the eateries on via veneto cater to tourists, there are also plenty of good roman eateries nearby off it.
3. Suites are a very good size, & the balcony is a great plus.
1. The doormen are touch & go. When we arrived on 1/26, the young doorman didn't even bother to open the door for us, once we told him we could handle our 2 luggages. Really ?...you have to be asked to open the door for us ? However, the doorman in the evening, was friendly & opened the door for us as soon as he saw us approaching, & we didn't even have luggage to pull !
The doormen need to have better training with this, & it needs to be consistent. For a Marriott of this level, we expected more. And guests remember staff who give just a little extra.
2. The size of bathroom counter. While the size of the bathroom was fine, & expected in european hotels, we wish the counter was a little longer. Otherwise, the bidet/toilet/shower were great.
3. The roof terrace was closed.
4. A/C unit noise was bad especially the 1st night. It improved during the rest of our stay, but the noise needs to be fixed in the 6th flr jr. suite - not acceptable.
Overall, a wonderful stay in enchanting Rome. We liked this location, but it's in an exclusive area of Rome, so expect higher costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - il cuore di Via Veneto batte in altoImmerse in your personal "Dolce Vita" at the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, right on top of the noble Via Veneto and next door to the Villa Borghese gardens.This gracious edifice with the stylish decor capturing the grandeur of Neoclassicism is exclusively designed for those looking for refined luxury in an atmosphere of sophistication and the highest level of welcoming hospitality anticipating every need of today's business or leisure traveller.Just sink back in the timeless elegance of the superbly appointed rooms and relax, or delight in the culinary highlights of the Mediterranean cuisine at the restaurant The Cabiria. The adjoining bar is the ideal place to meet, to see, or be seen, or to take in the flamboyant atmosphere of Via Veneto.The rooftop Ailanto is the perfect setting for wedding receptions and exclusive celebrations, or simply for admiring the enchanting view over the roofs of the Eternal city.Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - right on the top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Flora Hotel Rome
- Marriott Hotel Rome
- Marriott Hotel Grand Flora
- Marriott Rome
- Rome Marriott