“Great, convenient Hotel”

Ranked #147 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Ramallah
“Great, convenient Hotel”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I just completed a 3-night stay at Hotel White. I would stay here again. However, I do need to mention that at this moment in time they are undergoing a renovation, so I would maybe suggest waiting until the work is done as it was a bit noisy.

I arrived early due to my flight schedule and my room was not ready, they offered to walk me to one of their sister properties if I wanted a room immediately. I just had them store my bag and went site seeing. Location is great - 100m from the Trevi fountain (about 2 blocks) and a 6 minute walk to the metro. There is a grocery store a few doors down and plenty of restaurants and cafes in the immediate vicinity.

The rooms are small by American standards, but typical of city hotels in Europe. As a solo traveler, I had plenty of room, but if I had been sharing, it might have been a bit of a squeeze. I would not recommend this hotel to a business traveler as there is not really any adequate work space.

The staff were all very helpful. They too were a bit discombobulated by the reno (between the time I stopped in to drop off my bag and the time I returned late in the afternoon, the front desk had been moved to a temp space due to the work and they were still sorting themselves),but made it all work. They typically charge 5euro/day for internet but because there were issues with connectivity the first day due to the construction, they didn't charge me for the day that I did use it. Also, when I requested an early wake up call for the morning I checked out, I was offered a box-breakfast to take with me since I would be leaving before breakfast was served.

Also a note to those unfamiliar - Italy has a standardized hotel classification system that is based on quantitative items (parking to room ration, size of lobby, number of times in a day that rooms are serviced) and not on qualitative aspects such as charm or ambiance that is more typical in the US. So a 3-star might actually be nicer than a 4-star, but if they don't meet checklist criteria, they will have a lower rating. Hotel White is a 4-star under the Italian system, but may not be what an American necessarily thinks of as 4-star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank J_Mas2012
travelroma_htl4, Manager at White Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear J_Mas2012,
we would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback even if your stay has occurred during our partial renovation works... They will be over soon: we hope to have the chance to welcome you again in one of our new rooms!
As you mentioned, our Hotel is a 19th century's building and we need to preserve it as an historical palace: we understand it might seem small for US standards but we are blessed with the Trevi Fountain at walking distance...we hope this can lighten the inconvenience!
If you will plan another journey in Rome and choose us again, make sure you'll take some time to relax in our new SPA: a brand-new service available at the White Hotel.
With our best regards,

Residend Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have stayed there twice and it was a great place to stay at. I look forward to returning when I go back to Rome. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was located in a great place. We were walking distance from restaurants, historic landmarks, outdoor cafes and so much more.

Room Tip: Right down the block from the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear RalphResta,
we are happy to see that your experience at the Hotel White has fullfilled your expectations and we hope to have you again as our Guests on your next journey to Rome!

tel aviv
Reviewed February 16, 2013

the hotel is in excelent location near fontana de travi
very good room and service
they did not find our reservation- but we get upgrade from Paulo in the front desk
good breakfest
we ask for late chek out at 6.00 p.m and they charged us 50 euro also booking price were only 40 epro
the bar is in renovation- so we had no piani bar but becase of the location it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear josephtelaviv,
thank you very much for your positive feedback about the White Hotel: we are sorry for the inconvenience related to the late check out fee, our Administration dept. is taking care of it!
We hope to have you soon again as our Guest: you will be able to enjoy our newly decorated common areas & Bar!
With our best regards,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed for four nights. The room was new and very clean, including the shower. Although the room was very small it was just enough for our short stay. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful. Breakfast was great as well. The location is excellent - 1 min. from Trevi Fountain, and walking distance to almost all sites. There is also a metro station very close by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Adi B,
thank you very much indeed for your positive feedback about the White Hotel!
As you said, we have a perfect location with the Trevi Fountain at one minute walk and all major monuments of the Eternal City at hand: being in a historical building we cannot assure big-sized rooms but we can assure Rome's wonders all around us!
We hope to have you again as our Guest and send you our best regards,
Helmdon, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We arrived having booked a superior room. First room offered was quite small, and we were eventually given a quiet and pleasant suite on the third floor. Some of the rooms need refreshing( we saw quite a few before making our decision ). All the staff were really nice and professional. Paulo, Alessandro and Enzo at the front desk were really obliging. Great breakfast , everything on offer was fresh and appetizing. The location made the stay very special, major attractions within easy walking distance and bundles of restaurants, cafes and bars close by.....

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking the internal courtyard are quieter, with no A/C unit noise or ventilation...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle L
sligo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for a few days over the new year and in common with many other reviewers, the rooms really are the stand out negative feature, they really are small by anyone's standards and I wouldn't say its a 4 star hotel. However you can live with that because everything else is more than adequate, the staff, breakfast and service are all good, but the biggest plus is the location, about 150 yards from the Trevi fountain and within walking distance of many other tourist sites and loads of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jacqueline M
Sao Paulo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our first experience with the hotel was not pleasent at all, with us arriving kinda late from a stressful train ride from Firenze. The guy at the reception desk didn't have a good English and it seemed he was new, as he wasn't really knowledgeable about tours and attractions, but the really annoying thing was the guy that picked up our luggage and showed us to our room, he was trying way too much to be funny, trying to make little and stupid jokes every time, interrupting us when we were trying to communicate with the reception desk to make stupid comments, etc. But luckily, this guy only worked late night shifts and the other people were really polite and thoughtful with us. The breakfest area was big enough, with decent food. The rooms were really small, but okay and extremely clean. It seems they are investing big money on renovating the whole hotel, with modern furniture. Even so, it doesn't feel right, as it is way too expensive hotel for what it offers. I guess that what you are really paying for is the outstanding location, 1 min from the Fontana de Trevi and walking distance to every attraction, except the Vatican. All in all, it was a good experience, but a little bit expensive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family