“Don't be fooled by the non Italian name”

Hotel Canada, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #73 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersBronze level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Don't be fooled by the non Italian name”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is full of Italian charm. It is tastefully decorated and appears to have been renovated recently. Near the Termini train station which was an easy 10 minute walk for us with our heavy luggage (on wheels). Also close to the metro. For Italian standards our room had a good size, was clean and well laid out. The comfortable bar is reasonably priced and serves free nibbles with pre-dinner drinks. The breakfast was varied and delicious. We find this hotel great value for money and would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nous2ch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 19th April 2013 for 4 nights this is our second visit to this hotel and we are glad we did excellent hotel .5 minutes walk. From main train station and also bus station . staff are absolutely fabulous nothing is too much trouble our room was on the first floor there are stairs to the rooms also a lift if any one is thinking of visiting Rome then I highly recommend this hotel. Are definitely planning our next trip to Rome this time taking the whole family

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We are so glad we picked this hotel on our 2nd trip to Rome! Wonderful location as we made this home base and took trains for day trips. Staff was very helpful also arranging taxis and answering questions. We had a beautiful room- a triple. The breakfast and breakfast room was fabulous, the best of the entire trip. We stayed at Best Western brand hotels with their reservation system the entire 3 weeks in Europe and they all worked out very well. In fact this was so much better than the arranged packaged travel agency trip the first time that we did.
Hotel Canada was one of the best.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank maris102
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was surprised with this hotel... Small, old style (including the Elevator), very welcoming people, nice breakfast, and very well located near Roma Termini and Metro (less than a block distance), with lots of restaurants (mamma Angela Tratoria is the best)...

Next time, I'll be there again!

Room Tip: try to negotiate room upgrade
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leonardo H
Barnesville, Georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Hotel Canada a number of times, and this time with a group of 13 was no different: excellent property, very friendly and helpful staff, and great location regarding the metro/train station and ancient Rome sights. The full American/English breakfast, including scrambled eggs, gets the day started correctly. Above all, the rooms/beds are exceptional. While prices have creeped up relative to our earlier visits, HC is still an exceptional bargain. The staff alone make it such an enjoyable visit and will cater to your needs. The only knock was occasionally spotty wifi service in my room (available in the hotel lobby at all times). Always try to stay at HC when in Rome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Without any doubt our stay in April 2013 at the Hotel Canada was most enjoyable and without any fault whatsoever. If anyone was thinking of starting a hotel business they should visit this hotel to give them the correct ideas about how to run the whole thing from service, quality and variety of food, cleanliness, degree of comfort, bedroom facilities, friendliness, tasteful decor and the bar. My wife and I stayed four nights and would recommend this place without reservation to anyone. Its location in central Rome near the Termini is also perfect for easy use of the metro system and buses. If you are travelling from the airport to the Termini it is less than 1000 yards (metres) from the Termini: an easy walk with any luggage. Its less than 300 yards from Castro Pretorio metro stop. Stephen Wilson

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen W
Sonoma, CA
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I chose the Best Western Hotel Canada because I needed to be certain I would have good access to wi-fi. This was a combined work/pleasure trip. As a solo woman traveler, I depended on the brand name of BW. As other travelers have noted, I arrived in the morning after an overnight trans-Atlantic flight. My room was available! No stowing of luggage and wearily trekking through a city without a moment's rest. This sealed the deal for me!

This hotel was so much more than I expected. It has lovely decor, kind people working there, and is conveniently located to the Termini station. The weather was beautiful during my visit so I was able to walk anywhere in Rome that I wanted and able to take the subway back when I was bushed.

My room was streetside but the sound-proofing was good. The bed and pillows comfortable. The vintage roll-top desk made my work time a pleasure. The wi-fi? Excellent! Got everything done I needed to and the front desk was very gracious about printing docs when I needed them.

High marks to the Hotel Canada -- it was like staying with distant family. :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo