“First time in Italy and very nice hotel.”

Hotel Canada, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #71 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was surprised with this hotel... Small, old style (including the Elevator), very welcoming people, nice breakfast, and very well located near Roma Termini and Metro (less than a block distance), with lots of restaurants (mamma Angela Tratoria is the best)...

Next time, I'll be there again!

Room Tip: try to negotiate room upgrade
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leonardo H

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Hotel Canada a number of times, and this time with a group of 13 was no different: excellent property, very friendly and helpful staff, and great location regarding the metro/train station and ancient Rome sights. The full American/English breakfast, including scrambled eggs, gets the day started correctly. Above all, the rooms/beds are exceptional. While prices have creeped up relative to our earlier visits, HC is still an exceptional bargain. The staff alone make it such an enjoyable visit and will cater to your needs. The only knock was occasionally spotty wifi service in my room (available in the hotel lobby at all times). Always try to stay at HC when in Rome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Without any doubt our stay in April 2013 at the Hotel Canada was most enjoyable and without any fault whatsoever. If anyone was thinking of starting a hotel business they should visit this hotel to give them the correct ideas about how to run the whole thing from service, quality and variety of food, cleanliness, degree of comfort, bedroom facilities, friendliness, tasteful decor and the bar. My wife and I stayed four nights and would recommend this place without reservation to anyone. Its location in central Rome near the Termini is also perfect for easy use of the metro system and buses. If you are travelling from the airport to the Termini it is less than 1000 yards (metres) from the Termini: an easy walk with any luggage. Its less than 300 yards from Castro Pretorio metro stop. Stephen Wilson

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I chose the Best Western Hotel Canada because I needed to be certain I would have good access to wi-fi. This was a combined work/pleasure trip. As a solo woman traveler, I depended on the brand name of BW. As other travelers have noted, I arrived in the morning after an overnight trans-Atlantic flight. My room was available! No stowing of luggage and wearily trekking through a city without a moment's rest. This sealed the deal for me!

This hotel was so much more than I expected. It has lovely decor, kind people working there, and is conveniently located to the Termini station. The weather was beautiful during my visit so I was able to walk anywhere in Rome that I wanted and able to take the subway back when I was bushed.

My room was streetside but the sound-proofing was good. The bed and pillows comfortable. The vintage roll-top desk made my work time a pleasure. The wi-fi? Excellent! Got everything done I needed to and the front desk was very gracious about printing docs when I needed them.

High marks to the Hotel Canada -- it was like staying with distant family. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was our second visit to The Hotel Canada. We stayed for 3 nights in April. The staff are faultless. Reception is helpful and friendly. We arrived at 9 in the morning expecting to be unable to to do more than leave the cases with a porter, however the room was ready so we had immediate access which was brilliant. The room was immaculately clean, very well equipped and very comfortable. Ceiling was painted with beautiful flowers. Huge memory foam bed, flat screen TV, nice toiletries in the bathroom and plenty of good size towels. The bar area is very attractive, with beautiful painted ceilings and comfortable sofas. Good coffee and extremely reasonably priced drinks. Nibbles are put out for guests every evening. We find this hotel well placed for getting around. You can ask for tea and coffee making for the room and a kettle etc will be provided. All the buses and trains come back to the main Terminii Station which is a 5 minute walk away. Locally we ate at Mamma Angela's and Ristorante al 39 both one road away in Via Palestro. We would happily recommend both. All in all this hotel is a great place to stay. We will be booking our third trip there in the near future.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Canada for 5 nights in March, 2013 with our two sons (11 and 16). This was our first trip to Rome and the staff were very helpful. Our room included a king size bed and two twins and was very spacious and comfortable. The staff were so friendly, fluent in English and just all around helpful. We would visit the bar on most evenings after dinner and look at our pictures from our visits that day. The wine and drinks in the bar are very reasonable and appetizers/snacks are provided. The bartender was so friendly, taught us a little Italian while we chatted. The breakfast buffet was unbelievable. I enjoyed eating the local specialities like antipasti, hams, cheeses, pastries. There were eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal, yogurt, etc. There were something for everyone, and the gentleman that made our coffee/cappuccinos every morning was so sweet! He always remembered what we liked (including what the kids wanted).

The area is very conveniently located to the Metro (about 1 block) and the Termini train station (3-4 blocks). There is a grocery store several blocks away, a tabbachi shop 1 block away (convenient for purchasing Metro passes, etc.) There are quite a few excellent little restaurants within 1-2 blocks and they are quite reasonable. The staff in the 2 restaurants that we frequented were extremely friendly and really made us feel at home (they also taught us a little Italian while we chatted with them).
The hotel was extremely clean and well-kept, I really felt like the staff and owners went out of their way to make sure everything was taken care of. On the morning of our departure they called a cab for us and insisted that we go eat some breakfast while we wait for the cab. They took care of getting our bags loaded, etc. and came to get us when the cab arrived. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We are just back from a 5 day stay at this charming hotel and would say it is much better than the 3star rating. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, such as Richard in the bar and Massimo at breakfast. The breakfast buffet and nibbles in the bar at night were excellent. The drinks are very reasonably priced, much cheaper than restaurants and cafes. We were rather apprehensive after reading comments about the area, but at no time did we feel threatened. The location is ideal for Termini station, to where we took the Leonardo Express from the airport. We used the Metro a lot with a Roma pass. The only slight negative was that we had to open the windows at night because the air conditioning had not been switched on for the season. As we had a room facing the street it could be noisy. Although it is a Best Western Hotel, it is family run and there are lots of lovely touches throughout to make your stay special. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner deluxe room, which was very big.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple