“Terrible stay, terrible staff!”

Leonardi Fiamma Hotel
Ranked #1,122 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
“Terrible stay, terrible staff!”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The hotel staff from The very beginning we're not very nice, kind of angry all the time, making a mess of the reservation.
The hotel facilities were low quality, a leaking ceiling in the hallway outside the room that was making noise during the night and was not fixed for at least five days!!!
Poor variety for breakfast, problems with the hot water, we could not take a shower for two while days!!!

All in all, this hotel doesn't even deserve its 3 star ranking, don't come here!

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank Arcmage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed November 9, 2011

At first sight, it was a pretty good hotel near the center of Rome, but when we wanted to go to sleep we discovered bed bugs. There were at least six of them in our beds. We complained and got another room, but we had to split up. then the next day when we asked for our keys, the man behind the desk accused us of never having given them back. Then he discovered that the room had already been rented out to another person. We got other rooms but my friend's luggage was missing. after that we asked if they could arrange it so that we could sleep in the same room and he asked us who was supposed to do that. Apparently there was no personnel present. And all of that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the top floors, they're supposed to be better.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank zoe19950311

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Situated right next to the Baths of Diocletian but in a quiet side street Hotel Fiamma is only 5 minutes walk from Termini Station.

I first stayed at this Hotel in 2007 and the surrounding area was pretty seedy with loitering drunks. The area seems to be cleaned up now (especially around Termini) and the drunks have moved on.

The continental breakfast is awesome and our room had a giant marble bathroom fit for Julius Caesar.

All Romes major attractions are within walking distance and there are plenty of good restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed in this hotel when I was 15 after an exchange program & liked it so booked it to return, I am now 19 & stayed with my Nana. Maybe because I am young I appreciated it more but my Nana & I have very different expectations & she wa very happy also. After reading all these horrible reviews I was worried about what I had go us into! But once we checked in we were greeted by friendly staff & were relieved to find (a small) but very clean & cosy room with a nice bathroom. This is a 3 star hotel so dont stay here if you whinge about specks of dirt etc, too many people are like this!! Rome is an ancient city so the buildings are very old & hotel fiamma is well maintained but it's easy to see it isn't brand new. Buffet breakfast was great & free wifi 24/7 even better! 2 minute walk to termini station & underground but beautiful 20min walk thru the streets to trevi fountain, Spanish steps etc. For the price I think this is a great hotel & I am still shocked to find all these
horrible reviews after my great stay there!!!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Georgiamcgrath
Aarhus
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Fiamma Hotel in Rome has a nice location, but thats it! The first night we got bitten by bedbugs, so we went to the reception and got another room. In the other room we also got bitten by bedbugs, and the worst thing was that we were going to bring the nasty little bugs home with us to Denmark, so we had to spray all our clothes with insecticide and our entire luggage. And when we came home we had to freeze all our stuff to be sure that no bugs were alive.

That was the worst thing about Fiamma Hotel. Add to that the cleaning was very poor, there were bloodmarks on the walls from the nasty bugs, cold baths and a spider in our morning coffee! I will never go there again,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Camilla N
Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I found this hotel via the Thomson website but chose to book directly as was cheaper. Was travelling for my birthday and whilst I didn't expect 5 star treatment/rooms, I did expect something functional and clean. This was sadly not the case.

We stayed Friday until Monday, on the first night, we found the room not to have a window, a damp, musty smell, wall paper that was peeling, and the 'double' bed was made up of two, very uncomfortable singles pushed together at different levels. The bathroom was no better. The shower didn't sit at the top of the rail and kept falling down, and the floor of the shower was so badly drained, it flooded! The minor problem was that the TV didn't work.

Anyhow, I asked that our room was changed, and having been told we would have to stay put that night, as the hotel was full, we were promised a room change the next day. This I had to chase. The second room itself seemed ok, bed was better, decor clean, and no musty smell. However, we soon discovered that the drainage wasn't much better in the shower, and it was also not at all hot, luke warm at best until the Sunday night when it eventually, became something resembling hot. This I can only put down to poor plumbing. And, the next problem - the toilet didn't work... And despite leaving our key with reception on the first night and constantly complaining asking for this to be fixed, it wasn't and we were ignored, so we ended up having to use the hotel's 3 floors down!

The staff were not particularly helpful, and I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact, I'll be taking the issues raised here even further.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank lac1983
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Not the best hotel, but close to bus and train and in a quiet street.
I get bitten by bedbugs and one of the beds was bad. Poor breakfast

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family